• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

As it has happened for hundreds of years since the goddamn the Tulips. "Make the government fix it" has not been the answer and will never be the answer.
Depressions are normal.

Bubbles and crashes can be calmed down. Part of the issue in the '90s/'00s was that the fed lost all teeth due to Greenspan's misguided "just always keep the gas on" policies.

Alcander

You don't know what strong suit means. I'm talking about doing the best in that field with what you're given, and Clinton wouldn't do the best thing. She's too warmongering.

??? I absolutely know what strong suit means. Regardless of what you think of her policies, within the confines of a debate, foreign policy is absolutely one of her strongest suits.

Also, North Korea shouldn't make you nervous.

Neither should Iran, but in 2012 Paul Ryan was talking about them like they had nukes aimed right at NYC.

I like Bernie but he started off strong only to fizzle now. He can't take her on one-on-one. She comes across so much stronger and thoughtful.

They started on his strongest topic--economics--and moves to his weakest topic--foreign policy.

Ashodin

??? I absolutely know what strong suit means. Regardless of what you think of her policies, within the confines of a debate, foreign policy is absolutely one of her strongest suits.

Within the confines of a debate, she's definitely more informed.

Bernie is terrible with foreign policy. He seems flustered.
I don't think he was ready to get so combative. He's shaken.

They both appear off balance, but Bernie more so, and he doesn't speak with passion or authority or clarity on foreign policy. So bad.

nib95

Banned
Except, again, the "break up the banks" concept does nothing to regulate the institutes in question beyond limiting their size.

Again, you are obfuscating and digressing. There are many benefits to breaking up the banks that I've briefly listed in my two posts now. Regulation is a separate issue altogether, and I did mention that the smaller the institute, the easier it would be to regulate. Breaking up the banks is just one of the many changes that would improve the current situation, improving and making stricter regulations is another. They would both need to be implemented for maximum effectiveness.

ladshjdskjfskd I cant keep watching this. He is absolutely right but is not able to pull his idea off correctly.

Damn Bernie you were doing so good.

Wallach

In terms of overall public view he's going to pretty soundly lose this foreign policy debate. Regardless of his 2002 vote on the Iraq war.

Hilary right now:
tumblr_lie9nf5JM21qhd0uho1_500.gif

Pineapple

Sanders is a good populist on economic issues but he is completely out of his depth here.

I agree, but I don't understand why he seems so unprepared on these topics. I can understand a governor being weak on foreign policy, but a senator? Aren't these issues discussed fairly regularly on the senate floor?

Can we combine Hillary and Bernie into one candidate so we can get her foreign policy combined with his domestic policies?
Hillary has given foreign policy a lot more thought than Bernie has, and can articulate her thoughts on it much better.

And if I had a choice I would want those well articulated thoughts no where near the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom