• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Yeah the Clintons wanted healthcare reform in the 90s and it got shit on if i remember correctly.

One of Bill's biggest defeats if you aren't counting scandals

SURGEdude

Bored-Girl-GIF.gif

I like that Bernie uses the NHS as an example of awesome healthcare.

How shit is US healthcare?

Rationing based on income essentially.

Oh Hillary, we can be so much better. Who cares if we are inspired by other countries Norway, Britain, France, Germany or Denmark.
This is the one thing you could only say that she's ALWAYS been for, along with a staunch supportive with reproductive rights.

She almost died on the sword of UHC in the 90s.
Yeah, I was a nineties kid, so I can't really appreciate just how much of a fight she had on her hands.

pigeon

Banned
I appreciate Hillary making the affirmative case for incrementalism tonight. We want to get universal health care, but we don't want to uproot everything we've accomplished so far.

Mecha

"We aren't this other country so this liberal policy that works for them won't work for us!"

Has always been poor reasoning to me.

SURGEdude

I appreciate Hillary making the affirmative case for incrementalism tonight. We want to get universal health care, but we don't want to uproot everything we've accomplished so far.

It's fair, but I don't think we need to go slow on this issue.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So why is more government automatically seen as a bad thing here? Expanding government here would also mean more stable jobs for a lot of people. Why is that never highlighted as opposed to the supposed decrease in liberty etc?

Kthulhu

Bored-Girl-GIF.gif

I like that Bernie uses the NHS as an example of awesome healthcare.

How shit is US healthcare?

People can go bankrupt from getting a operation they need to live. Does the NHS have that? Watch Michael Moore's documentary Sicko for a better picture on the healthcare system pre ACA.

Oh Hillary, we can be so much better. Who cares if we are inspired by other countries Norway, France, Germany or Denmark.

Yeah, I was a nineties kid, so I can't really appreciate just how much of a fight she had on her hands.

Everything was thrown at her when she tried to take health care. She was sued because the GOP said that the First Lady didn't have the right to do what she was doing. She was crucified in the media. Big Pharma and Insurance companies went after with a passion. The GOP in Congress destroyed her. It wasn't pretty. She didn't win, but she got CHIPS out of it, eventually.

WarMacheen

It was real, it failed spectacularly, and she paid an enormous political price for that failure. (This is what House of Cards S3 is echoing.)

From wikipedia

The Clinton health care plan, known officially as the Health Security Act and unofficially nicknamed "Hillarycare" (after First Lady Hillary Clinton) by its detractors, was a 1993 healthcare reform package proposed by the administration of President Bill Clinton and closely associated with the chair of the task force devising the plan, First Lady of the United States Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Once in office, President Clinton quickly set up the Task Force on National Health Care Reform, headed by First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, to come up with a comprehensive plan to provide universal health care for all Americans, which was to be a cornerstone of the administration's first-term agenda

1993 explains it, was in highschool then military, didn't give a damn about healthcare

Ashodin

Clinton gonna sink herself with this price tag and "it's just not realistic" comments here.

Sounds like to young people "No you can't be a musician it doesn't make enough money".

RPGCrazied

Can Bernie just be the VP and get this over with? Then Obama can come out, they all rally together and get the white house.

Brinbe

The sad part is that she's the realist and would be a much better POTUS (imo) but that sort of talk is hard to spark enthusiasm around compared to Bernie.

So why is more government automatically seen as a bad thing here? Expanding government here would also mean more stable jobs for a lot of people. Why is that never highlighted as opposed to the supposed decrease in liberty etc?
Because the government can't do anything right, and government jobs are inferior to private sector jobs because public servants are sucking on the teet of government too.

Everything was thrown at her when she tried to take health care. She was sued because the GOP said that the First Lady didn't have the right to do what she was doing. She was crucified in the media. Big Pharma and Insurance companies went after with a passion. The GOP in Congress destroyed her. It wasn't pretty. She didn't win, but she got CHIPS out of it, eventually.

You either die a hero or live.long enough to see yourself become the villian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom