• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Because the government can't do anything right, and government jobs are inferior to private sector jobs because public servants are sucking on the teet of government too.

Oh shit, mirror match.

So why is more government automatically seen as a bad thing here? Expanding government here would also mean more stable jobs for a lot of people. Why is that never highlighted as opposed to the supposed decrease in liberty etc?

Because "the people" can do it better!

Brinbe

Clinton gonna sink herself with this price tag and "it's just not realistic" comments here.

Sounds like to young people "No you can't be a musician it doesn't make enough money".

Not to anyone that's paid attention to politics in the last seven years.

"We aren't this other country so this liberal policy that works for them won't work for us!"

Has always been poor reasoning to me.
It's not a case of American exceptionalism. It has to do with our system that's been in place for sixty years (formed during world war ii) where you can't just switch from one system to others very smoothly.

Slow, gradual change would be better for America's healthcare tonight than something more sudden. Remember how people got pissed that their insurance plans got cancelled?

jerry113

Banned
Bored-Girl-GIF.gif

I like that Bernie uses the NHS as an example of awesome healthcare.

How shit is US healthcare?

Medical bills are the #1 reason for people declaring bankruptcy here

Apt101

Hilary is winning the debate on its face - she's better at persuasive rhetoric. However, her track record and massive backing by (and support of) Wall Street and the 1% suggests she won't aggressively address tax loopholes nor increase taxes on the rich.

So why is more government automatically seen as a bad thing here? Expanding government here would also mean more stable jobs for a lot of people. Why is that never highlighted as opposed to the supposed decrease in liberty etc?

"more government" is automatically opposed by republicans and conservatives on principle. They dismantle government and are in favor of privatization.

Since they're somewhere between 40 and 50 percent of the country, they're a massive roadblock to doing pretty much anything.

Geist-

I appreciate Hillary making the affirmative case for incrementalism tonight. We want to get universal health care, but we don't want to uproot everything we've accomplished so far.

I'm honestly curious, how would this uproot what we've accomplished so far? Bernie wouldn't be dismantling the ACA first, then trying to implement a NHS. He would be trying to implement the NHS as a direct sequel to the ACA, which would only be dismantled if NHS is passed (unlikely).

Wes

venison crêpe
Sounds to me Hilary is baiting Sanders to go to his speech lines, Bernie goes for it, then Hilary goes "we want the same thing, but I can realistically do it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom