• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

Did she just respond to reducing the black prison population by saying "improve the schools"? Came off a bit more victim blamey than I bet she meant it to.

No, she said incarceration wasn't the only problem that needs fixing, that the nation has racism plaguing other systems, like educations, and employment. It was a very smart answer.

Kthulhu

What's the point in having insurance if you can't afford the dentist. Holy hell.

Welcome to the American healthcare system. She can technically afford it, but she will have to cut back on spending by a lot in the short term. She pays for her own insurance too, our company's insurance is more expensive..

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Lol, their answers are basically identical. Good stuff.

Whats interesting is whoever answers first pretty much takes the thunder out of the others answers, so the person who goes next has to skirt around and try to find something new to add or say.

Hoje0308

Banned
People can argue all they want about the tactics employed by BLM, but what are the chances this discussion would be happening at a presidential debate without them?

Clinton outright saying, "it's racism." Not sure if that will play well or not.

The China thing... really sounds like a strange promise to make...? Like, I get wanting to address the systemic problems.

RPGCrazied

Demilitarizing police and making them look a bit more like the communities they serve is definitely important stuff. That bit about having more people in prison than China which is a country four times our size was good stuff.

Yeah, what I saw in Furgeson was disgusting. I didn't even know anyone else had that kinda stuff save the Military.

Wow that's a big promise by Sanders.
That was terrible since it's states and private prisons causing the problem. Sanders would have to change the constitution in that regard. Best they can do is decriminalization and change federal sentencing hoping states follow suit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Can we talk about ways in which their potential administrations would actually achieve any of these ideas? Something other than "I don't like this statistic, it should be different!"

Raxus

China is communist? Bernie needs to learn what communism is. China is fully capitalist.

It is communist in terms of politics. Hell they have some shady manipulation of their dollar thanks to the government having control over the banks.

nib95

Banned
The crowd seems to have greater favour for Hilary. Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting the cheer differences or something. Might change answer to answer.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm not really sure what Obama has done for African Americans. It feels like Republicans tied his hands to do much at all in that department.

User1608

Banned
Yeah, I think no matter the choice we will continue on the path to fixing this problem down the road but it is a long difficult one sadly due to how many roadblocks we put up in the recent years.
Yeah, it's unfortunate. Sad as it is, there will continue to be injustice but we must also never give up, and I do hope that whether Hillary or Bernie win that things improve as much as possible too.

Slayven

Did she just respond to reducing the black prison population by saying "improve the schools"? Came off a bit more victim blamey than I bet she meant it to.

You do know black students are punished at a higher rate then other students right, and funneled into the from the kindergarden to jail pipeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom