• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

That I can agree on, but it just shows how much I take for granted on production values lol

I don't blame you, I mean how am I supposed to judge these debates without 100 graphs all showing me live twitter feeds from people who don't matter that we get on other networks. I need my stat graphs!

magnifico

Glass Steagall would've stopped nothing from happening that happened and indeed, would've made things worse if the big banks couldn't have bought up the investment firms that were collapsing.

http://robertreich.org/post/124114229225

Robert Reich: To this day some Wall Street apologists argue Glass-Steagall wouldn’t have prevented the 2008 crisis because the real culprits were nonbanks like Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns.

Baloney. These nonbanks got their funding from the big banks in the form of lines of credit, mortgages, and repurchase agreements. If the big banks hadn’t provided them the money, the nonbanks wouldn’t have got into trouble.

And why were the banks able to give them easy credit on bad collateral? Because Glass-Steagall was gone.

I wouldn't bring it up, but he could bring up the point that the disastrous Libyan intervention Clinton championed led to Benghazi.

or that as much as her supporters would like to downplay it, voting for the Iraq War showed an extreme lack of foresight in the international affairs world and does deserve to be brought up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom