• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've only watched the republican debates. When are these old people going to address the important stuff, like how America has lost it's way, and how we can make America great again and how to carpet bomb things?

woen

History shows that candidates that have the fewer experience in foreign policy are always attacked for that by the "experienced" ones (POTUS or former Secretary of State) who don't want their action to be questioned) ; but if these candidates win the election (since foreign policy does not make an election) we can see that almost all the time they quickly become as experienced as the "experienced" ones and can take action too in that field. So attacking them on their "experience" is mostly irrelevant.

Ashodin

I've only watched the republican debates. When are these old people going to address the important stuff, like how America has lost it's way, and how we can make America great again and how to carpet bomb things?

Welcome to actual debates, as opposed to reality TV.

I think Hillary Clinton did much better at answering the questions at the good portion of the 1st half ; Bernie kinda pivoted to wallstreet a little too much. He did much better later on with topics that are in his element.

Mecha

I keep waiting for one of them to bring up how Hillary needs to be indicted, but nothing so far.

Both candidates doing pretty well, in my opinion. A couple minor stumbles by both, but nothing at "Let's dispel with this fiction" levels. As I've said with almost every debate, I don't see this one moving the needle much so far.
So far, but I hope Bernie doesn't get repetitive on the Middle East and the Iraq vote. That does worry me quite a bit.

This smaller govt question is so indicative of their differences in the way they answer questions. They said almost exactly the same thing, but Hillary was more detailed and thus took longer to say it. Pros and cons to both approaches.

TI82

Banned
Yes, as a vet the DOD needs to be audited. Budgets are stupidly extreme within, with awful contracts and given free reign because of the war on terror.

East Lake

This smaller govt question is so indicative of their differences in the way they answer questions. They said almost exactly the same thing, but Hillary was more detailed and thus took longer to say it. Pros and cons to both approaches.
She said basically nothing aside from pointing at a couple more places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom