• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Hillary with the wonk's answer again. Get everybody's opinion, but know what their priors are. Accurate and correct! Sometimes hard to message.

nib95

Banned
He's right about the consequences of US intervention, but I don't see a specific role of the US in foreign policy coming from him. US absence in geopolitics doesn't mean the game stops for other players.

It doesn't mean they stop, but it does mean they'll likely be a lot less volatile.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Do people have to pay to go this debate? This audience is horribly unbalanced.

For the prime clapping moments, Hillary's supporters do seem to outnumber Bernie's in the crowd. To be fair she might have more general election popularity. Then again we know how the Republican Debates all had donors and suits in the crowd.

To be sure, one can see potential bad outcomes. But his answer there makes me wonder at what point any US interactions in the world are okay.

Sanders really needs to modulate his facial expressions in these split screens.

I agree on both, i dont think he knows hes on the split screen because usually in the past he wasnt for most of the answers.

Bernie Sanders is giving Americans a history lesson on their atrocities.
It's really time we manned up on this and called a spade a spade.

We've fucked up way too many times and fucked over way too many people to not make some changes to Team America, world police.

SURGEdude

kissingerclinton.jpg

Not my kind of guy either.

Ashodin

Oh shit he's linking Kissinger back to economy, basically saying "Don't listen to him on Foreign Policy, he brings bad economy too!"

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh wow, Hillary acting as a Kissinger apologist. Shame. Pure Shame. Arguing for the necessary evil of Henry Kissinger.

That's not what she said.

I also think that there was a much better thing for Bernie to say there at the end, but talked about... trade?

past actions do have consequences in the future, the CIA calls that "blowback"

weaponizong the Mujahadeeen to fight the Soviets created the shit heads called the Taliban a decade later in Afgahnistan

injurai

Banned
That's not what she said.

I also think that there was a much better thing for Bernie to say there at the end, but talked about... trade?

She defended snugging up to Kissinger's policy in support, saying it was equivalent to learning about necessary evils and differing opinions that are "useful" to America. She equated Sander's opposition to Kissinger as a refusal to understand him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom