• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH we need to stop being Saudi Arabia's lap dog and figure out how to get them and the stupid iranians (i am a stupid iranian too but for different reasons) to fix their stupid syrian proxy war.

injurai

Banned
She said that it's important to listen to people who came before you when making decisions, even if you don't agree. That's not "acting as a Kissinger apologist".

That was a disingenuous deflection on her part. She refused to denounce Kissinger. She had to beat around the bush.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jesus Christ, you people look into the small things where there are more important matters to be discussed. Superficial at best. Media is the same, too. I can see it tomorrow: forget about talking about the big issues in this country, lets talk about Bernie coughing.

I'm talking about how this is literally a conversation these two have now had three times, verbatim.

Sanders cornering Clinton in Foreign Policy OMG.

this is YUUUUGE
I mean to a degree, guilt by association. It's the same approach taken on domestic economy issues. It's something that Clinton probably should have foreseen, and had a bunch of names of more respected foreign policy wonks to talk about. Her response, I take input from all quarters, seems valid; but, is hard to sell.

Also, someone get Sanders a lozenge.

Tabris

Syria is an exact same kind of situation as Libya, Cambodia (using the 2 examples Sanders already used). Complicated by the power vacuum left in Iraq by the same thing happening.

US caused these problems because their foreign policy doesn't consider the consequences (or more aptly doesn't care about the consequences because they are just focused on American imperialistic interests). Sanders is right.

Zyae

How does he expect to to be President t if he won't listen to feedback or advice from people he might not necessarily agree with? How does he expect to talk to Putin or other world leaders?

Why does disagreeing with Henry Kissinger mean that he wont take advice from EVERYONE he doesnt agree with

Jenov

Bernie, don't deny that you said you wanted Iranian and Saudi troops to fight as a muslim army together against ISIS.

Bernie's vocal cadence tonight is making it really hard to follow his points as he strings them together, and as a result he comes off very unsure of himself. He IS unsure of himself on this topic, but this is hardly helping.

TURN YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU COUGH BERNIE.

They're wearing lapel mics in addition to the regular mics on the podium. Can't be avoided.

Zophar

I mean, sure, I guess. And that means your argument is that we should have chilly, conflict-prone relations with China...to protect American workers from free trade?

Like, you can make that argument, but first recognize that it's idiotic.

True, and I can -almost- see where he's going with it also consequentially creating our outsourcing problem, but I don't think Kissinger can be blamed for China not keeping up with western cost of living standards.

woen

That applies to everything ever, that doesn't answer how you solve the problems existing now. If someone asks you how to deal with A-Qaeda and you only mention the CIA's support of the mujahadeen during the Soviet War then you have failed. You are basically serving as a hindsight critic not a problem solver.

Let's forget about history, it's not important, we need to solve issues with a fresh mind !
and make the same mistakes as before

Yoda

How does he expect to to be President t if he won't listen to feedback or advice from people he might not necessarily agree with? How does he expect to talk to Putin or other world leaders?

Not listening to a single retired diplomat doesn't imply he won't talk to people who don't agree with him. The person in question has had allegations of war crimes raised against them by creditable institutions.

SURGEdude

I'll allow it.

image.php

Thank you doge!

Syria is an exact same kind of situation as Libya, Cambodia (using the 2 examples Sanders already used). Complicated by the power vacuum left in Iraq by the same thing happening.

US caused these problems because their foreign policy doesn't consider the consequences (or more aptly doesn't care about the consequences because they are just focused on American imperialistic interests). Sanders is right.
I feel like they (we) are concerned, but it's only ever very short term thinking. Invade Iraq. Give no thought about what happens after you do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom