• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she took it too far. But I don't think it was necessarily a bad pivot.

She should have just said: "Senator Sanders has leveled criticisms at President Obama that I don't think have been fair. But to me, he is a leader here at home that will heavily influence how I approach the world."

Condom

b6bbqoqXHCXLi.gif

Ehhh, nah. Sanders did call for a sitting Democratic president to be primaried. A popular Democratic president. He can try to paint that as "healthy criticism" all he likes, but it's perfectly fair for Clinton, on the eve of primaries with large black turnouts, to bring it up. Hell, it's smart.

He was NOT popular at that time - iirc (don't have approval numbers on hand). I myself recall wishing I had voted for Hillary at some points during his first term - he was not doing well and neither were the dems as shown by the previous midterms.

Iirc, he claimed that a more progressive challenger could craft Obama into a stronger candidate and that it could give progressives a better voice.

SURGEdude

How could any person, actually like Hillary.

She's like the high school english teacher that everybody hated.

It's accepting the lesser based on the idea that Bernie can't win.

I don't think the realities bear that line of thinking out. Though Hillary has my sword if she wins.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Does Hillary have anything to say that isn't about Obama?

Obama was a weak president. ACA healthcare is a joke to foreigners who enjoy Universal Healthcare. He didn't actually fully recover your economy because the signs of 2008 with bond defaulting is happening again now since he didn't break up your banks. It was a presidency full of bad compromises until some decent executive actions.

He moved your countries needle slightly is all.

Your country really needs a political revolution. Obama couldn't do it.

No, he had unprecedented levels of opposition from the Republican party and managed to pass the most expansive and dramatic pieces of legislation expanding healthcare about the government since the Great Society and The New Deal. That alone was a massive accomplishment. He also got Dodd Frank passed and improved the economy, bringing our country back from one of the largest recessions in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom