• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

What is she saying? Is she saying that it would be overnight? lol

She's saying if the wall street issues was solved overnight, as an example, there are still a whole host of issues that are still huge problems. Calling out Sanders focus and always bringing all problems back to wall street.

Tabris

Obama has an 80% approval rating among Democrat's and will be on the wall next to MLK and Jesus in black homes for the next fifty years.

But most of what MLK fought for were things that Obama didn't push. MLK was very pro-labour union but Obama's recovery saw most recovery jobs go to non-union positions. TPP is extremely anti-labour union.

Some of these voters need to be more informed and not just vote based on gender or race.

Raxus

because she's an intelligent person with good, realistic policy proposals.

Yep. Bernie supporters need to stop being so salty. Both candidates came off strong in certain aspects of this debate. I am glad we have to legit candidates for the nomination and both came off really well here.

Hillary had a strong closing statement, but she was definitely getting burnt for most of that debate. Her bullshit implying you can't criticize a president on your side was total bullshit.

What is she saying? Is she saying that it would be overnight? lol

No, she's saying that the only thing that Bernie ever talks about isn't the only problem in America, and we need a leader capable of engaging all of those issues. Bernie is absolutely a single issue candidate and it's a domestic, legislative issue, where the president has the least efficacy.

Hill's closing statement was great, Bernie's was muddled by wanting to respond to something Clinton had just said and then seemingly deciding not to and pivoting to his stump.

I wouldn't really say anyone won the debate, but Hillary dogging him on criticizing Obama was a really poor look in my opinion.

Hillary won the debate,

she is loyal to President Obama,
loyal to the party

Superdelegates tidal wave

Hillary wins the nomination
Obama is popular with Democrats, so I have no idea why Bernie started down that road. There is only sadness there for him.

She had all the Superdelegates already, but yeah, she's showing incredible party loyalty.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hillary had a strong closing statement, but she was definitely getting burnt for most of that debate. Her bullshit implying you can't criticize a president on your side was total bullshit.

There's criticizing a dude and then there's calling for him to be primaried.

Jenov

Hillary doesn't need to go on the attack. It can only hurt her

Nah, it was a massive truth bomb that differentiates her from Sanders. Continuing Obama's legacy is a big part of her campaign, and Obama is very popular with AA and democrats. It's a valid criticism that Bernie was trying to get him removed from office at one point, and hasn't been completely supporting him.

Draper

I think she took it too far. But I don't think it was necessarily a bad pivot.

She should have just said: "Senator Sanders has leveled criticisms at President Obama that I don't think have been fair. But to me, he is a leader here at home that will heavily influence how I approach the world."

It was shoehorned in, in a petty fashion in a manner I would expect from a GOP debate. Came off nasty.

Ashodin

She's saying if the wall street issues was solved overnight, as an example, there are still a whole host of issues that are still huge problems. Calling out Sanders focus and always bringing all problems back to wall street.

Except he has already talked about those issues and has said he will deal with them in just the same way about the financial system.

Hm, she really wanted to bring Sanders' Obama criticism up, but the whole debate went by without a good opportunity, so she put it in that statement. Not wise, but most folks anticipated that she would mention it at one point or another.

Overall, both slipped up their fair share over the debate. Whether you want to hand it to Sanders or Clinton depends. I will say that Bernie seems quicker to rebound from oddball answers, since his default speaking style sounds impatient and flustered regardless of how he's doing.

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!
But most of what MLK fought for were things that Obama didn't push. MLK was very pro-labour union but Obama's recovery saw most recovery jobs go to non-union positions. TPP is extremely anti-labour union.

Some of these voters need to be more informed and not just vote based on gender or race.

We can't all be as smart and informed as you, Tabris.

No, he had unprecedented levels of opposition from the Republican party and managed to pass the most expansive and dramatic pieces of legislation expanding healthcare about the government since the Great Society and The New Deal. That alone was a massive accomplishment. He also got Dodd Frank passed and improved the economy, bringing our country back from one of the largest recessions in history.

He also did jack shit about the NSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom