• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

RMI

Banned
I skipped on Conception 2 for this game, I feel like I made the right choice. Hype, day 1.

this. waiting for my LE to arrive from the NISA store. Was very underwhelmed by the conception 2 demo. Hoping the dungeon crawling in this game delivers.

matmanx1

I suppose I'm almost completely unfazed by ridiculous anime style sexualization in games and shows these days. I'm playing Demon Gaze because it sounds like a fun game and I like dungeon crawlers. I do like anime style art and there appears to be some decent to good art used in Demon Gaze and that's a plus.

I'm excited to see a game like Demon Gaze still being made and also still being localized. The fact that it sounds fun and has some original ideas is just a nice bonus.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I suppose I'm almost completely unfazed by ridiculous anime style sexualization in games and shows these days. I'm playing Demon Gaze because it sounds like a fun game and I like dungeon crawlers. I do like anime style art and there appears to be some decent to good art used in Demon Gaze and that's a plus.

I'm excited to see a game like Demon Gaze still being made and also still being localized. The fact that it sounds fun and has some original ideas is just a nice bonus.

The company behind Demon Gaze Experience Inc. / Team Muramasa basically thats all they produce is the Wizardry type of games. :)

Wereroku

this. waiting for my LE to arrive from the NISA store. Was very underwhelmed by the conception 2 demo. Hoping the dungeon crawling in this game delivers.

The dungeon crawling in this is really good. Honestly I didn't find Conception 2 so bad but it is a bit bland after a bit but luckily what I have seen of the environments on Demon Gaze are unique and fun.

NyxFe

Neo Member
This is gonna hit US PSN today, right?

I was able to get it by buying it from the web store here (doesn't show up in search, and also doesn't show up when browsing the store on the vita itself). I just bought it, went to "view downloads" on the vita store, and it showed up.

ZeroAKA

I was able to get it by buying it from the web store here (doesn't show up in search, and also doesn't show up when browsing the store on the vita itself). I just bought it, went to "view downloads" on the vita store, and it showed up.
How did you even find that page? No buy button is showing up for me yet, unfortunately.

ZeroAKA

The free "NIS Character Art Bundle" is also available now if you search in the Vita store. I don't see it in the web store yet.

Arrived.

I like how the back cover reads "Enjoy the bustling life of a resident of an inn!" as if that's a big feature to get excited about.

Intro was nice. I like how the credits would come in bursts to punctuate certain things and heighten the atmosphere.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Since it's exposed, I'm sure she's proud of it. lol

If in doubt, kick shit down. Noted.
I like the notes that say KICK and the the next one says LIES and then you realize you aren't using the right key.
Slamming into walls with a female is strangely...

vocab

Sadly It wont be here till tomorrow.

Jim Sterling gave it a 9. Good enough for me!

damnnnnnn. I just read it. It's very well written.

Also, I'm reading some pretty good reviews.

First person dungeon gaf would never recommend bad games from the genre. If this game was bad, parakeet would pop in to remind you how shit it was every week.

ZeroAKA

First person dungeon gaf would never recommend bad games from the genre. If this game was bad, parakeet would pop in to remind you how shit it was every week.
Judging by the number of posts he's had in here already, I'd say 20 posts a day would be more likely. :p

Tohsaka

Got my copy earlier today, I'm probably going to wait until I finish Conception II to start it, though. Does anyone know if any of the trophies are missable? I intend to go for the platinum if it's not too much of a hassle, so it'd be nice not having to worry about missing things along the way.

NeededSleep

Hate when I buy a game off Amazon with prime, and then they "hand" it off to USPS to deliver it. Its a 50/50 chance I actually get the game on time.

Kind of silly that you pick your portrait before your race and class. Not silly enough to keep me from picking whatever portrait I feel like, race and class be damned, but still silly.

Hate when I buy a game off Amazon with prime, and then they "hand" it off to USPS to deliver it. Its a 50/50 chance I actually get the game on time.

Complain to Amazon if it doesn't show up on time. Prime gives you a guaranteed delivery date. If it doesn't show up because they pass it off to USPS it is still Amazon's problem because you are paying them for 2-day shipping.

Takuhi

You can run from bosses?

About 4-5 hours in, so far I haven't encountered a boss I couldn't run from (except in tutorial stuff).

@IntoThe Bush - I think it's really good so far. Really well paced, and a lot more pick-up-and-playable than most dungeon crawlers, but not lacking in strategic depth. I wish you could pick character abilities and stuff, but otherwise no complaints.

Well thats odd

Been playing it for review (nearing the end) and I really like that I can run from boss fights. (I think there may have been a couple that you can't run from but most you can.) If the fight starts going sour and I know I'm about to lose 20 mins of progress I'll just run and go back to the inn to rest up.

Takuhi

Well thats odd

It is, but sort of necessary for this game. When you step on one of the circles that unlock save points you never know when you'll be fighting a major boss or a bunch of chumps. If you couldn't run from the bosses it would feel pretty unfair.

Question for people who've played it—I've seen tons of Gazer Memos that are totally wrong about where the bosses are. Anyone know if their positions are random or if the memo writers are just being trolls?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What's the combat of this game like? Turn-based? Strategy? Action? Some weird hybrid?

The battles are turn based. Navigation through the dungeon is first person, grid based.

Judging by the number of posts he's had in here already, I'd say 20 posts a day would be more likely. :p

Lets just say Im doing your job for you. Since it should be the OP taking care of everyone not me lol

Yep regardless of who the maker is if a game is shit Ill say its shit. Fan or not of said company. At least in general its backed up too by having owned / got in decent time with whatever shit game Im railing too.

Wow, i'm surprised at the general positive reception it has gotten from mainstream press.

Didn't expect this at all. Hope it encourages Experience/NISA to bring over Stranger of Sword City over. Of course actual sales have more influence, i'll be buying this game once i get some extra cash.

Top Bottom