• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Ken

I thought it was waifus you want infront of you most of the time. Go play Dungeon Travelers 2. "Not Joking". Though no Western release unfortunately. Game has some great voice acting though and by some pretty famous female VAs also. Challenging too. Japanese PSN has it for sale. Seriously is one of the better made wizardry types of games, but the fanservice is through the roof with the title. Regardless of that it still puts to shame some of the other games in the genre just by how well made it is.

For me personally and most folks think Im out of my mind, is the reason why I play games based off of the Wizardry series is mainly for the fear of death that some can give. Also going up against crazy odds at times. Its a lot about personal decision making on the spot and while progressing through the dungeon itself. I see these types of games as a personality test also. Anyways basically thats the main attraction of them for me.

i googled dungeon travelers 2 and that looks terrible lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
i googled dungeon travelers 2 and that looks terrible lol

It excels in both story and gameplay its actually quite impressive along with all the voice work. But yeah generally the fanservice stuff scares away everyone. Its in my top category as a Wizardry type of game though, since the devs behind it are all obviously fans of the genre therefore take it quite seriously and it shows with the games design. But yeah as stated hard for people to even get to looking under the hood when the coat of paint is scaring them all away.

Shengar

I think its just a lot of gamers are forgetting what gaming is about. Which personally isnt fucking framerates, resolution and graphics. Seriously has me worried the direction things are heading these days.

Well, I think the discussion of framerates, resolution, and graphic themselves aren't wrong. My reason is that gaming is overlap with computer, technology/gadget, so technical discussion is impossible to avoid. But it troubles me when these things began to crept out to other area, namely game enjoyment and game design. Hyperbole that game become un-enjoyable due to framedrop (which actually tolerable) and dismissing the game whole merit due to its lack of technical expertise (except unplayable technical mess) is very ignorant and narrow minded.

Uthred

Weird, reading around it looks like people in the US who ordered from NIS have received their tracking numbers (and in some cases the game). But anyone who ordered internationally has their shipping date listed as "Actual", which presumably means international orders arent shipping till the actual launch date. Which is as bizarre as it is disappointing.

Parakeetman

Weird, reading around it looks like people in the US who ordered from NIS have received their tracking numbers (and in some cases the game). But anyone who ordered internationally has their shipping date listed as "Actual", which presumably means international orders arent shipping till the actual launch date. Which is as bizarre as it is disappointing.

tumblr_mmv0iuyTHG1rgz50yo1_500.gif

Riddler

Texas here and mine shipped the LE on the 18th & out for delivery today. Sad the same didn't happen for international gamers though.

This is my first NIS game and got free shipping and no taxes so this won't be my last time ordering directly from them that's for sure.

Yep even though I've been playing a review copy, my LE edition is out for delivery today in the states. On that note. I really like this game alot.

Wereroku

The LE is actually really nice quality though Artbook is kind of a stretch its more of an art pamphlet. The quality is nice on it with bright color and thick paper. The cd is nice with 11 songs on it and the collectors box feels thicker than the other I have gotten so it shouldn't crumple. Overall really nice. Parakeet is there really a set of Mythryl Undies?

Parakeetman

The LE is actually really nice quality though Artbook is kind of a stretch its more of an art pamphlet. The quality is nice on it with bright color and thick paper. The cd is nice with 11 songs on it and the collectors box feels thicker than the other I have gotten so it shouldn't crumple. Overall really nice. Parakeet is there really a set of Mythryl Undies?

yes its just another piece of armor though. Was called ミスリルアンダー

So did you get past that part you were stuck in?

I did. It was a door that I had to kick, it was hidden. I stopped after that and have not gotten back to it. Aiming to dive back in this week. Due to my daughter being born and then me getting the flu, I'm super backlogged with review stuff for my youtube that some PR folks have provided me so I'm going to have some catching up to do. Really appreciated the help! Thanks again.

Parakeetman

I did. It was a door that I had to kick, it was hidden. I stopped after that and have not gotten back to it. Aiming to dive back in this week. Due to my daughter being born and then me getting the flu, I'm super backlogged with review stuff for my youtube that some PR folks have provided me so I'm going to have some catching up to do. Really appreciated the help! Thanks again.

Anytime, let me know if you ever need help with anything else! Also congrats with the birth of your daughter!

Yeah I saw in another thread you were talking about a fever that wouldnt go away. That kinda stuff sucks. I had something which stuck with me a for a month. Would only show up in the evenings too. No idea wtf it was neither did the docs. Went away on its own though, but that was irritating to have.

Hopefully there will be some early streamers today.

Ill have to leave that kinda stuff to the other maniacs here. Will be a bit too busy recording things for SAO: Hollow Fragment D: Which am still trying to finish up the other graphics for... On the topic of the US DG release am really looking forward to hearing what everyone else here that picked it up thinks of the title. As seems the majority are fans of the genre or those who were genuinely interested.

Anytime, let me know if you ever need help with anything else! Also congrats with the birth of your daughter!

Yeah I saw in another thread you were talking about a fever that wouldnt go away. That kinda stuff sucks. I had something which stuck with me a for a month. Would only show up in the evenings too. No idea wtf it was neither did the docs. Went away on its own though, but that was irritating to have.

Thanks man! and def... your my GO TO source. :p

2014-014.jpg

coolio :D

i feel less fulfilled with the CE than i thought i would be but whatever, it's actually LE, it's Vita and I'm diggin' this game

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
NIS won't answer their damn phone and I need to update my credit card info! bah. Maybe I'll just buy locally instead of getting the LE.

ohlawd

yeah there is no chance of me getting an early shipment of my LE. I always wait for them to ship on release date then wait 2 weeks after. I've ordered from NIS' site like three times before; all went through the same process.

anyway I can get the the standard edition delivered to me by Thursday or Friday hopefully. I'll probably start playing next week instead though.

Perona

Gamefly shipped this out today and I bought it 'used' (It's not really since I'm the first person to get it). Used one of their tri-monthly coupons to get the price down to $23.

Ryuukan

So many people with the game already and no screens or comments. Typical of people who hoard NISA LEs for all the bundled sex toys.

cj_iwakura

So many people with the game already and no screens or comments. Typical of people who hoard NISA LEs for all the bundled sex toys.

That's how I felt when Raidou 2 came out. Everyone was like 'omg I got my plush!' and no one actually played the fricking game.

Wereroku

Here ya go a nice picture from the artbook. I would post gameplay pictures but I am not certain how the screenshots work yet. Edit: How do I make this pic shrink its a bit to big.

Did they really expect me to choose a male representation when I could look like a hot anime chick?
Yep Male is the default class and all conversations assume you are male.

Parakeetman

Here ya go a nice picture from the artbook. I would post gameplay pictures but I am not certain how the screenshots work yet. Edit: How do I make this pic shrink its a bit to big.

nUM5Y9zl.jpg

Yep Male is the default class and all conversations assume you are male.

just put quote tags around it.

Parakeetman

I can also choose my teammates?
Welp, all female team, here I come.

Ok heres the room cost breakdown. When you purchase a new room for rent it comes with a character too which can be taken as is or edited to your liking.

1st Room = Free from game event
2nd Room = 1000G
3rd Room = 5000 G
4th Room = 10,000 G

Making additional characters = 500G. Limit though is 3 and these will be on standby until you swap them with one of your other characters who are currently allocated to a room. Basically breakdown is 4 in rooms, 3 on standby.

Resurrecting characters = Lv x 10G

The rent is calculated the following

All characters combined Lv x ( <character Lv ÷ Difficulty Rating> +5 )

Easy - 5 / Normal - 4 / Hard - 3 / Maniac - 2
(no idea what the US translations for the difficulty ratings are but heres the numerical breakdown for the formula above)

Anyways am not exactly sure if this formula works or not but its whats written on the JP wiki. The easier way to think of it is the rent costs more the higher your level / games difficulty is.

468px-24-demon-gaze-4.jpg

good luck lol

Wereroku

Okay now this is cool the Japanese language options are just toggles so you can go Japanese text English voice or vice versa or just go completely Japanese this would be import friendly to Japanese buyers as well.

Zhao_Yun

Did Experience release DLC for this game in Japan?
I am currently thinking about importing the NA Version because it's much cheaper than here in the EU but I don't want any hassle with potential DLCs.

ZeroAKA

I am currently thinking about importing the NA Version because it's much cheaper than here in the EU but I don't want any hassle with potential DLCs.
There are character skin DLCs even for the US version.

Parakeetman

They did but the thing is they were limited only so cant access them anymore. Really really not happy about that stupid decision... Was just character portraits. No actual content DLC. Wait I think there was some music one? Cant remember, but might have been included in the latest JP patch I think.

At least the US version has its own NIS specific DLC which the JP one did not get.

So how is the game, like actual RPG/video game-wise? And not:

-wise

For a dungeon crawler it does a rather decent job. Its not as hardcore as per say Elminage or more traditional Wizardry titles, but it can provide enough of a challenge and the dungeons do increase in size as you go along. Boss fights are amusing. Though I still have to say the most irritating / challenging boss comes from a sub quest lol. Those who know dont spoil it for the others. I want to taste their glorious tears when they find it hahaha

Uthred

Sent in a cancellation request for my order yesterday, decided to switch to digital, a full business day with no response and just got a shipping notice instead. So I suppose I'll be playing this in two to three weeks. Almost certainly the last time I buy anything from NIS. I seem to recall their international service being better in the past.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oops, had Comet rage on me because I fought this Goblin King thing that took forever and forgot about her. :x

fedexpeon

Banned
I totally forgot about this game with all the PSN PSP/PS1 hype lol.
Finally just opened it a few mins back.
Oh man, I am loving these character arts.

Sent in a cancellation request for my order yesterday, decided to switch to digital, a full business day with no response and just got a shipping notice instead. So I suppose I'll be playing this in two to three weeks. Almost certainly the last time I buy anything from NIS. I seem to recall their international service being better in the past.

To be to NISA, they shipped a lot of orders on Saturday. You may have received your shipping notice today, but chances are that order was already processed, packaged, delivered to USPS and missed the Saturday outgoing mail process by minutes. So Cancelling yesterday was ready too late.

Uthred

For a dungeon crawler it does a rather decent job. Its not as hardcore as per say Elminage or more traditional Wizardry titles, but it can provide enough of a challenge and the dungeons do increase in size as you go along. Boss fights are amusing. Though I still have to say the most irritating / challenging boss comes from a sub quest lol. Those who know dont spoil it for the others. I want to taste their glorious tears when they find it hahaha

Would you suggest starting on a higher difficulty or is Normal the way to go for the first play through? (Assuming one is familiar with the genre)

To be to NISA, they shipped a lot of orders on Saturday. You may have received your shipping notice today, but chances are that order was already processed, packaged, delivered to USPS and missed the Saturday outgoing mail process by minutes. So Cancelling yesterday was ready too late.

Perhaps, though even if the shipped email didnt go out you'd imagine the order status would have changed or the shipped date would be backdated. Ah well, just a little irritating, not the end of the world. Clearly the digital gods punished me for wanting a physical release ;)

Edit: For some reason when the email said "No link to tracking available" I thought there was no tracking, but after checking the tracking number it looks like you're right, it left the sorting facility last week, presumably at the same time as US orders. Criss of faith averted ;) Still have to wait but if I'm lucky it could be here Friday or early next week.

Top Bottom