• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Volcynika

I'd wait until the
the second fight

One other thing you can do which may seem unorthodox is to
reverse your team order and put your paladin in the back row. That way you won't have to worry about wasting a turn with whistle. Also, level up Aries for the miracle skill if you're concerned about saving items.

I didn't even know I COULD get Aries by this point. ?_?

Beat Astarte! Thank you all for the tip on raging mars, her extra 450+ atk helped a lot. Still lost my ranger but front guard and defend worked a lot better than devotion.

Volcynika

This teleporting bullshit in
Terra's Cell
is really irritating. I can't find a way to the circle ;_;

EDIT: Also does an enemy steal accessories or something? My characters seem to randomly lose their's...

Volcynika

Figured it out finally. Wasn't getting to a part of the map I needed to get to. Just a few more circles for the next demon. Though my disappearing accessories make me sad :(

Volcynika

Double post I know, but it is hilarious how Cross Fix is broken as HELL.

Locked Aries one time after another and won with ease.

mAcOdIn

Figured it out finally. Wasn't getting to a part of the map I needed to get to. Just a few more circles for the next demon. Though my disappearing accessories make me sad :(
There are accessories, like the dragon's scale or shark badge, that provide a "one time" defense against that character getting kidnapped, once a kidnapping attempt is made against that character the item is gone.

Volcynika

There are accessories, like the dragon's scale or shark badge, that provide a "one time" defense against that character getting kidnapped, once a kidnapping attempt is made against that character the item is gone.

Ahh, ok. That makes more sense then.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I just went through all the last area's enemies and accidentally warped to the inn instead of saving in an earlier area. I wanted to at least see the last boss ;_;

Volcynika

Ok, well the only trophies that remain for me are getting the Muramasa (I got the Big one already) and getting the remaining skulls/mushrooms. Oy!

demonkaze

Only a few trophies for me left to go now, those being the two weapon ones (which is driving me mad now!) and to beat the last post game boss. Is it better to kill the boss now or after i've finished farming? While i'm at it, any suggestions for the battle, my Lv 41 party is:

Gazer (Dual wield + True Snipe)
Paladin
Samurai (almost relegated to item user and force guard/divine armor buffer in bosses)
Healer (Holy Shield spammer after using a few Fast Cast Multi-Hits)
Ranger (Mars Bane)

I usually go with Chronos, Mars and Aries for my demons.

Been playing this for a bit. Definetely a great game so far. Randomly pulled mars as a summon fight on my fourth ring. Is she meant to be this tough? She creamed my gazer in two turns so i fled like a little girl. Do I have to beat her like that? Will take some serious levelling and money saving for better gear if so:(

Ironjam

Only a few trophies for me left to go now, those being the two weapon ones (which is driving me mad now!) and to beat the last post game boss. Is it better to kill the boss now or after i've finished farming? While i'm at it, any suggestions for the battle, my Lv 41 party is:

Gazer (Dual wield + True Snipe)
Paladin
Samurai (almost relegated to item user and force guard/divine armor buffer in bosses)
Healer (Holy Shield spammer after using a few Fast Cast Multi-Hits)
Ranger (Mars Bane)

I usually go with Chronos, Mars and Aries for my demons.

Id bring Uranus instead of Aries, because Light Veil can singlehandedly shild your back row, giving you time to buff up. Also if you still have artifact gems, try to get Gods Arm and Final set artifacts, they are both amazing.

It doesnt matter when you get the weapons btw.

demonkaze

Id bring Uranus instead of Aries, because Light Veil can singlehandedly shild your back row, giving you time to buff up. Also if you still have artifact gems, try to get Gods Arm and Final set artifacts, they are both amazing.

It doesnt matter when you get the weapons btw.

Is Uranus' Light Veil better than Aries Miracle ability in that fight? I have Gods Arm (on my Gazer) and Final set (it's on my Samurai at the moment) but I don't have Jupiter Bane yet for my Ranger, is it worth using that over Mars Bane or will I noticed the reduced HIT? Does the final optional boss do formation changes as well, wondering if it's worth me reversing my formation before going in. Finally, is Cross Fix viable (and worth it?) on this battle?

Sorry for all the questions lol.

Ironjam

Is Uranus' Light Veil better than Aries Miracle ability in that fight? I have Gods Arm (on my Gazer) and Final set (it's on my Samurai at the moment) but I don't have Jupiter Bane yet for my Ranger, is it worth using that over Mars Bane or will I noticed the reduced HIT? Does the final optional boss do formation changes as well, wondering if it's worth me reversing my formation before going in. Finally, is Cross Fix viable (and worth it?) on this battle?

Sorry for all the questions lol.

Miracle ability is good only problem with it is that its random what 3 skills you can get, i went for Uranus because its passive also gives +5 HIT and reduces magic damage by 70% as well on top of Light Veil being very good. My healer didnt have to spam holy shield because of it and i could buff everyone up with divine weapon to increase damage.
Jupiter Bane isnt really a must either, Mars Bane is good enough imo.
It does do formation changes, but instead of going in reversed just cast whistle and other buffs before you start the battle and try to preserve them.
Cross Fix is great if you dont have shadow assault, if you do then its a gamble because if it misses then you get out of hiding and lose out on a lot of potential damage. Personally i tried it twice with my assassin, missed both times and never bothered afterwards, remained in hiding instead to do 5x damage after 5 turns.

Volcynika

Woo! :D

BnYvoCoIQAEVSFf.jpg:large

Been playing this for a bit. Definetely a great game so far. Randomly pulled mars as a summon fight on my fourth ring. Is she meant to be this tough? She creamed my gazer in two turns so i fled like a little girl. Do I have to beat her like that? Will take some serious levelling and money saving for better gear if so:(

Yeah, you'll need to beat her. Just focus on grinding levels and building your party and you should be fine. Definitely add a healer to your party and get them a healing staff if you haven't already.

Man that
Gold Drake
fight was pretty crazy. And I ended up fighting a second one from a circle. :E

I mean with Neptune's regen skill, he couldn't take me down so it was me mostly auto battling trying to whittle it down over many many turns.

Is there some surefire way to take it down easily cause I'm starting to get hesitant in item farming in
Astro's
dungeon now cause I don't want to run into another one.

Shiina

The Gazer gets an ability called whistle at level 10 that fixes formations, and can prevent formation reversals if cast beforehand.

You can also cast it before battles so you don't have to waste a turn the first time your order would have gotten switched up.

Yeah, you'll need to beat her. Just focus on grinding levels and building your party and you should be fine. Definitely add a healer to your party and get them a healing staff if you haven't already.

Will go on a 2hr grind then:p Allready have a healer but she was out of mana for that fight. Id like that healing staff but I'm strapped for cash. The grind will hopefully fix that too:)

Does the Astro Force artifact actually drop in the Spring Palace? I've been going at this for a few hours using any combination of gems and I've gotten nothing.

Will go on a 2hr grind then:p Allready have a healer but she was out of mana for that fight. Id like that healing staff but I'm strapped for cash. The grind will hopefully fix that too:)

Healing staff is steep at first, but totally worth it. One of the few items I bought at the store. If you're lucky you can also get one by sacrificing gems at the circles.

Shiina

Does the Astro Force artifact actually drop in the Spring Palace? I've been going at this for a few hours using any combination of gems and I've gotten nothing.

I believe different circles can drop different items. If you aren't getting something from one circle for a while, try another one. It might just be superstition on my part but felt like it worked that way.

Finished yesterday. Enjoyed my time with it for the most part but don't think I'll bother going for the plat.

Dungeons were fun and progressed nicely, but ultimately failed to impress.
- Dark rooms were completely pointless. Map clearly shows where you are and if there are dangers around you. If that isn't enough, you can see the tiles adjacent to you.
- Spinning tiles were also pointless. Most of the time you don't spin at a four way intersection so there is zero effort put into getting situated. Only real annoyance is in ruining autowalk.
- Damage squares were pointless once you get
Chronos
- The
one
teleport map
(singular)
in the main game
was
underwhelming.
+ No
spells underwater
was a fine gimmick, although the enemies
are nerfed
in those areas.
+
Water streams
/ conveyor belts were done to satisfaction
+ Enjoyed
feeding the giant
to open up new floors of
whatever
dungeon
+/- Clock tower was aight, but gained nothing with
the second trip

Apart from that, didn't enjoy combat and story was nothing special. I would probably try another from the same company, but I wouldn't be too excited about it. I certainly don't think I'm a genre snob as I haven't played that many, but Demon Gaze didn't recommend itself very well mechanically compared to the ones I have played.

Not that it was a bad experience. I enjoyed most of the time I spent with the game and it was a nice break from the other dungeon crawler I was (and am now again) playing when I picked Demon Gaze up.

6/10

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Finished yesterday. Enjoyed my time with it for the most part but don't think I'll bother going for the plat.

Apart from that, didn't enjoy combat and story was nothing special. I would probably try another from the same company, but I wouldn't be too excited about it. I certainly don't think I'm a genre snob as I haven't played that many, but Demon Gaze didn't recommend itself very well mechanically compared to the ones I have played.

Not that it was a bad experience. I enjoyed most of the time I spent with the game and it was a nice break from the other dungeon crawler I was (and am now again) playing when I picked Demon Gaze up.

6/10

You might want to spoiler some of that stuff in your list there.

*finally got back and fixed the post.

Healing staff is steep at first, but totally worth it. One of the few items I bought at the store. If you're lucky you can also get one by sacrificing gems at the circles.

Grinded for a bit and got it. Really helpfull but it shames me to admit that it took me a while to figure out what it's actually for:) I figured it was a healing booster not an infinite use healing item. Beat regular mars a couple of times now, but the rage version still wrecks my shit at lvl 5. Damn seeds...

After three days of feverish (literally) playing while getting over a nasty stomach flu, gazer memos are rotting my brain.

Fran HUGE CHEST *huff huff*

Ugh.

I'm either about to kill Uranus or die of dehydration. Fun times.

Grinded for a bit and got it. Really helpfull but it shames me to admit that it took me a while to figure out what it's actually for:) I figured it was a healing booster not an infinite use healing item. Beat regular mars a couple of times now, but the rage version still wrecks my shit at lvl 5. Damn seeds...

You should be good by level six. Is your party gazer / paladin / healer?

No... No it didn't =/
I don't think there was anything particularly spoilery in my post so I wouldn't worry too much about having read it or the quote. I generally try to be pretty considerate about that kind of stuff and none of it struck me as needing marking.

I'll throw another point up though.

- Gazer notes will spoil what little plot there is.
+ Gazer notes strip away the tedium of following
treasure maps

You should be good by level six. Is your party gazer / paladin / healer?

Yup, seemed like the way to go. Just reached lvl 6 yesterday so I'll give her another go. Took a little trip to the graveyard for levelling purposes and barely survived an encounter with a non raged chronos. I'm wondering tough, is she easier enraged then mars? She has some high damaging attacks but nothing really worrying. Or does she have something similar to those damned seeds? For mars I might grind for a 4th party member. I don't deal enough damage to get rid of those seeds fast enough:(

Sorry to hear about the flu, get well soon!

Parakeetman

Quoting it probably doesn't help :p

Yeah I just realized what a big dumbfuck move that was on my behalf after having left for work. Saw it when I checked back into the thread from the phone. My phone doesnt have my login info so couldnt change it on the go. D:

Parakeetman

I don't think there was anything particularly spoilery in my post so I wouldn't worry too much about having read it or the quote. I generally try to be pretty considerate about that kind of stuff and none of it struck me as needing marking.

I'll throw another point up though.

- Gazer notes will spoil what little plot there is.
+ Gazer notes strip away the tedium of following
treasure maps

Generally the designs of the levels is part of the experience for folks its why I had initially mentioned bout spoiler tags and like a total fucking idiot I quoted the post which left up the info anyways. :/

These games the level designs, monsters etc is part of the experience as much as the story its why generally for others its good to keep those covered up if possible. Which you have already done :)

But who doesnt like Fran Butt Pudding *huff huff*? :p

I'm about one damaged brain cell away from ending every post and RL conversation with *huff huff*

Yup, seemed like the way to go. Just reached lvl 6 yesterday so I'll give her another go. Took a little trip to the graveyard for levelling purposes and barely survived an encounter with a non raged chronos. I'm wondering tough, is she easier enraged then mars? She has some high damaging attacks but nothing really worrying. Or does she have something similar to those damned seeds? For mars I might grind for a 4th party member. I don't deal enough damage to get rid of those seeds fast enough:(

Sorry to hear about the flu, get well soon!

Thanks. It's back to work today booooooo.

Anyway, try it if you want but
I remember Chronos taking more levels than Mars to beat. Also, Chronos is a defensive demon and having Mars on your team will really help. All demons have seeds =p

Your party can really transform with a level or two, especially as new skills unlock. Keep at it, and good luck!

*huff huff*

Top Bottom