• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

So is there any point keeping the items that have gold stars on their rank? Theyre unique right? But the stats on the lower level ones quickly get outmatched

Not as far as I can tell. They can be upgraded 30 times so they have a higher ceiling than other items, but that's expensive and you're probably not going to do anything like that until post-game.

Having some difficulties with
Sol and Luna
. One of my characters keeps getting punked in the first round because my Pally fails to protect them. Then the
Sol
fight starts with a man down and gets out of control.

mAcOdIn

Having some difficulties with
Sol and Luna
. One of my characters keeps getting punked in the first round because my Pally fails to protect them. Then the
Sol
fight starts with a man down and gets out of control.
There's a certain doll that you can buy that will die in place of a party member if you're having trouble and while you're at it that fight's one where the doll that prevents a kidnapping also comes in handy. Also, I think Agility is the stat that governs how often your Paladin will actually intercept an attack so maybe try equipping an item on him/her that boosts their agility, or putting some furniture in their room to up agility. And, with Sol, the game does a horrible job of letting you know what status effects the enemy has cast and the only way to tell is by reading the combat log when it's your turn but sol casts a type of armor on himself that will cut your damage in half so you want some demon vases to counter that with.

Also, yay, this is my first platinum.

Pbae

If I'm farming for a specific artifact, could I save, and reload until I get the artifact I need or is that just a waste of time? I heard the artifact gems are finite.

Volcynika

Yeah, the RNG is not on my side. I found some equipment to scrap into ether for improving stuff, just may attempt the last boss again tonight. I had little to no issue defeating
Luna
, but once
the Sol battle started
, I had no idea how to handle each case. Then
he kept summoning more demons
and I was waylaid. I would really like a few artifacts like Fast Cast and Holy Guard, but I seem unable to get that roll of the dice.

Astarte is a pain in the ass.

I can't even get her to 50%, any tips? My current load out is paladin, gazer, samurai, healer, ranger. She always 1- shots my ranger first thing because for some reason paladin never blocks with devotion.

Shiina

I can't even get her to 50%, any tips? My current load out is paladin, gazer, samurai, healer, ranger. She always 1- shots my ranger first thing because for some reason paladin never blocks with devotion.

Have your Paladin use Devotion and your Healer Holy Shield and everybody can do normal attacks for all it matters. Completely game breaking two skills.

Also yeah, Devotion does fizzle sometimes but it's usually not the rule. Just keep at it.

JPS Kai

Yeah, the RNG is not on my side. I found some equipment to scrap into ether for improving stuff, just may attempt the last boss again tonight. I had little to no issue defeating
Luna
, but once
the Sol battle started
, I had no idea how to handle each case. Then
he kept summoning more demons
and I was waylaid. I would really like a few artifacts like Fast Cast and Holy Guard, but I seem unable to get that roll of the dice.

I'd recommend buying some of the increase 2 artifacts from the item shop and using those in combination with your artifact gems. Maybe you could try using a gold gem if that helps you get the higher ranked artifacts.

Also, shouldn't your paladin already have Holy Guard by now?

Volcynika

I'd recommend buying some of the increase 2 artifacts from the item shop and using those in combination with your artifact gems. Maybe you could try using a gold gem if that helps you get the higher ranked artifacts.

Also, shouldn't your paladin already have Holy Guard by now?

Yeah, I just was trying to be a bit stingy to get good artifacts in post-game, so I might go that way. My paladin does have it, but want to equip it to at least one of my other characters.

ZeroAKA

The funny thing is that Astarte becomes one of the easiest normal enemies in some of the end-game dungeons.

demonkaze

Ugh, just did a run through all the dungeons getting all the treasure items however it seems I only have 24 skulls meaning i've missed one somewhere and I have no idea where.

Devotion triggers less often on members in a different row. It's why I stopped using devotion and just had my Paladin defend (front guard) later in the game.

Volcynika

slkdfhklsjfioewoi

Just a long battle with the last story boss I couldn't win annnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm done for now. So frustrated with that battle. :/

Mononoke

Banned
Just started this game. I'm curious about the Voice/Sex option when creating your character. When it's set to "All" Attack/Damage/Death have a slider of 0 to 60. And if you go to select Male or Female, each of these sliders go down to 0 to 30.

What are these sliders for? Should I max them out? Or keep them at zero? And is it better to leave it at All or select a gender (ie. Male or Female)?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just started this game. I'm curious about the Voice/Sex option when creating your character. When it's set to "All" Attack/Damage/Death have a slider of 0 to 60. And if you go to select Male or Female, each of these sliders go down to 0 to 30.

What are these sliders for? Should I max them out? Or keep them at zero? And is it better to leave it at All or select a gender (ie. Male or Female)?
It's just personal preference; what do you want to look like and sound like; no real consequence. 30 is just to sort the gender differences.

ZeroAKA

They're just voices that are numbered 0 to 60, with 30 (31?) for male and 30 for female.

Mononoke

Banned
Oh wow guys, I'm such an idiot. I only now noticed the square button on the bottom saying "play voice". *slaps head*

For some reason I thought it was some weird stat thing. I didn't realize the 0 to 30 etc. was a sample for each voice. I feel so dumb.

Post 6th demon spoiler:
Cassel, you've got one hell of a mother. How even?

Anyone have any recommended artifacts for the protagonist? He's kinda not doing much outside of boss fights.

Post 6th demon spoiler:
Cassel, you've got one hell of a mother. How even?

Anyone have any recommended artifacts for the protagonist? He's kinda not doing much outside of boss fights.
For normal enemies you might want to give him one of the slash artifacts. Dual wield is good if he has decent AGI. And true snipe, but I'm not sure you can get that just yet.

Oh wow guys, I'm such an idiot. I only now noticed the square button on the bottom saying "play voice". *slaps head*

For some reason I thought it was some weird stat thing. I didn't realize the 0 to 30 etc. was a sample for each voice. I feel so dumb.

Don't feel dumb, I bought rooms for all my additional characters before I bought characters :/

Ironjam

slkdfhklsjfioewoi

Just a long battle with the last story boss I couldn't win annnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm done for now. So frustrated with that battle. :/

Im not sure if you are doing this but buff up before you take on either with Force Avoid/Hit/Bio/Magic + Whistle. Also bring
Uranus
and cast Light Veil with her, that way your back row characters cant get hit. During the boss fight, have one of your characters use angel mirror (or whatever its called, the item that prevents the loss of buffs) so you dont lose neither light veil nor the other buffs. Use Demon Vase a lot and dont worry much about
him summoning bosses
, most of them are pushovers you can just kill at the end, so focus on
sol
Also bring
Chronos
for tanking and
Mars
for damage, but NEVER summon
Mars
at
sol
. If she dies then you lose the +60% attack bonus for the rest of the battle, so just try to survive with
Chronos
, wait until her HP is low then rage her so her hp regenerates.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Experience Inc. before they were Experience Inc. Team Muramasa was the developers behind these 2 titles. Dug mine out of the closet, the original version of Xth 2 is somewhere, these were in an easy to reach place.

Z6yoVhB.png

Which after Michaelsoft went tits up they went to become Experience Inc. (Team Muramasa) and started on the Generation Xth series as having lost the license for Wizardry. All the better considering that its more amusing that they now make their own original titles based off of the general gameplay themes of the Wizardry series. You can see some of the Generation Xth titles in my other photo on the right side of the screen. Not sure how many staff members, but think one or more went and created ZeroDiv. (Truthfully Im not the type that really gives a shit about company history and all that so dont really spend much time following or researching all of that. More interested in what they produce as thats what matters haha)

(its hilarious that if you do a search for Experience Inc in google my photo comes up.)

When I find my original copy of Xth 2 Ill take a photo of it also. Threw this up here in the thread since seems like there are new fans of Experience Inc. here.

Shengar

Lulu 2nd battle
is bullshit. Not because of the difficulty, since battle of attrition against her with Chronos and streak of good luck make it not too difficult. It is the distance between the nearest demon circle and top of the clock tower that makes retrying feels like unnecessary nuissance. And fuck that event before the battle.

RyoonZ

Banned
Game beaten, now farming for Muramasa and Big Muramasa, any tips?
The boss that heal 5000 HP every 3 turn is definitely the hardest one for me, lol.

Parakeetman

No I am being dead serious, its a real problem.

Also whatever you do, dont go trying to use 3 gold gems in
Eden (whatever they call the place in the US ver
. Apparently there is a bug where it will fuck the loot drop table, resetting it to the lowest ranked items, as it sets the rating too high or something. Its a bug that exists in the JP version and has not been fixed, therefore we can guess that its in the US one too. You really dont want to waste gold gems and get a bunch of E / D ranked items lol

basically it overflows the loot table rating resetting whatever number that is to a lower value. Think of +3 to 9999 which would reset it to 0002. For an example.

Parakeetman

lol, it only appears in
God's Eden
right?

for the time being, but thats apparently where folks will be S rank item hunting is what the reports stated. My guess is that is the loot table values there are the highest thats why which combined with 3 gold gems blows the stack.

Shengar

No I am being dead serious, its a real problem.

basically it overflows the loot table rating resetting whatever number that is to a lower value. Think of +3 to 9999 which would reset it to 0002. For an example.

Wait I thought the main problem is that with three gold gem, you wn't get any drop (so you can get a drop with 3 gold gems?). But it seems the problem is deeper and more serious than I thought.

Parakeetman

Wait I thought the main problem is that with three gold gem, you wn't get any drop (so you can get a drop with 3 gold gems?). But it seems the problem is deeper and more serious than I thought.

No you will get drops just that they will be low rank garbage therefore you just flushed that shit straight down the toilet.

Combining with silver + bronze doesnt seem to be much of an issue. Just 3 golds is a most def do not do. The shit must have been too much of a pain in the ass to fix, which is why it still exists.

Parakeetman

Also I do understand what you are saying with being confused as no drops with 3 gold gems, but apparently you can seeing thats how the issue was found. Totally weird that someone would have tried it. Since I also though that you have to have at least one item gem present to get something?

Its too bad there isnt much more details on the issue overall. But its just good to know what not to generally do. lol

Shengar

Also I do understand what you are saying with being confused as no drops with 3 gold gems, but apparently you can seeing thats how the issue was found. Totally weird that someone would have tried it. Since I also though that you have to have at least one item gem present to get something?

That's why I thought your post is joking in nature. by the way you put it that 1 Silver and 1 Bronze is fine, that mean one gold gem at that place could screwed up the loot table right?

Parakeetman

That's why I thought your post is joking in nature. by the way you put it that 1 Silver and 1 Bronze is fine, that mean one gold gem at that place could screwed up the loot table right?

Not sure on that, the post wasnt clear either, but seems like its fine if you combine with gold + silver + bronze. Just that multiple gold = bad.

Shengar

Damn,
Pluto
keep wrecking my momentum once she kidnapped my samurai :/
Without her my team can barely keep up the demon gauge to continously cast Iron Shell, which prevents most of my team being one shotted. Is therr anyway to prevent kidnapping?

Volcynika

Im not sure if you are doing this but buff up before you take on either with Force Avoid/Hit/Bio/Magic + Whistle. Also bring
Uranus
and cast Light Veil with her, that way your back row characters cant get hit. During the boss fight, have one of your characters use angel mirror (or whatever its called, the item that prevents the loss of buffs) so you dont lose neither light veil nor the other buffs. Use Demon Vase a lot and dont worry much about
him summoning bosses
, most of them are pushovers you can just kill at the end, so focus on
sol
Also bring
Chronos
for tanking and
Mars
for damage, but NEVER summon
Mars
at
sol
. If she dies then you lose the +60% attack bonus for the rest of the battle, so just try to survive with
Chronos
, wait until her HP is low then rage her so her hp regenerates.

Hm, I'll try that strategy. Should I use the Angel Mirror and Light Veil during the
first fight
or should I wait till after? Not sure if those carry over.

Damn,
Pluto
keep wrecking my momentum once she kidnapped my samurai :/
Without her my team can barely keep up the demon gauge to continously cast Iron Shell, which prevents most of my team being one shotted. Is therr anyway to prevent kidnapping?

Buy fake dolls from the store.

JPS Kai

Hm, I'll try that strategy. Should I use the Angel Mirror and Light Veil during the
first fight
or should I wait till after? Not sure if those carry over.

I'd wait until the
the second fight

One other thing you can do which may seem unorthodox is to
reverse your team order and put your paladin in the back row. That way you won't have to worry about wasting a turn with whistle. Also, level up Aries for the miracle skill if you're concerned about saving items.

Top Bottom