• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Number45

I’m one point away from 305 and I hate that I have to wait one more week for the milestones, because this week everything dropped out of engrams but the gauntlets I need, stuck at 304.

Any reason why even though I’m at 304, all my vendor engrams decode at 294?
They’re always ~10 levels below you until you hit 300 (without mods) when they can drop at 300.

EL CUCO

So how do you get a 300 PL engram from Lord Salad when you are 304?

Also omg I tweeted my platinum trophy image and MrSTeamKK gave it a like.
She also liked my tweet from a few days ago saying Destiny 2 is a mile wide and an inch deep 👌🏼

Zereta

I’m one point away from 305 and I hate that I have to wait one more week for the milestones, because this week everything dropped out of engrams but the gauntlets I need, stuck at 304.

Any reason why even though I’m at 304, all my vendor engrams decode at 294?

I would like an explanation for the way engrams drop too. I have read it multiple times and I still don't really get it.

I too am one point away from 305 (and it's gauntlets too). Still have the Nightfall to do though so maybe I'll be lucky.

IB is so stupid, even with winning it takes too long to get loot. Thanks for the grind Bungie, it's so much fun!

wut lol. we were all complaining about things being too easy to get and not as much grinding. now we are complaining there is too much grinding?

what on earth are bungie to do when you have people like this?

IB is so stupid, even with winning it takes too long to get loot. Thanks for the grind Bungie, it's so much fun!

Maybe you dont need to get all the loot in just one evening, yeah, the reward pool is quite thin atm and you get a lot of dupes, but dude, reading your comments is like I WANT ALL THE ARMOUR PIECES PLUS WEAPONS IN THREE MATCHES, relax and enjoy playing, and if you dont like pvp that much, well, your loss i guess, is not mandatory at all and you dont really need those weapons/armor, you can get to max power just by playing public events lol.

For example, i made my peace with the fact that i will never get the flawless trials equipment (hell, even the regular ass one) and i´m cool with that, its just the nature of the game.

They're just never going to make it/keep it as casual as you seem to want. People will not play. If everybody is running around with a full set of gear that's been thrown to them, what is the point?

One thing I will say is that maybe they shouldn't have such a grind in a timed event. I'm not personally against it, but I could see that being an annoyance.

You have to realize you're not going to get everything you want. I suck at Trials so won't be getting anything from that. Same thing with the raids. Unless they give gear or loot that's must have, I'm just never going to get it. And that should be ok with everyone.

_Legacy_

Guardians, capture the bloody objectives in Iron Banner!

I'm getting really annoyed with people not focusing on capturing points, especially when the enemy team is on the other side of the map. Almost always doing it by myself.

E92 M3

You asked for it.

Haha.

ohyou.jpg

IB should drop loot AND tokens - just tokens is shit. As of now, Trials is the most rewarding activity in the game.

Maybe you dont need to get all the loot in just one evening, yeah, the reward pool is quite thin atm and you get a lot of dupes, but dude, reading your comments is like I WANT ALL THE ARMOUR PIECES PLUS WEAPONS IN THREE MATCHES, relax and enjoy playing, and if you dont like pvp that much, well, your loss i guess, is not mandatory at all and you dont really need those weapons/armor, you can get to max power just by playing public events lol.

For example, i made my peace with the fact that i will never get the flawless trials equipment (hell, even the regular ass one) and i´m cool with that, its just the nature of the game.

I have almost everything in the game and enjoy the PVP (trials for the most part). They just need to continue respecting our time. I should be rewarded handsomely for playing 2 hours a day.

You're the one that wants every piece of armour and gun after 2 matches.

Yeah, that's about 20 minutes of play.

They're just never going to make it/keep it as casual as you seem to want. People will not play. If everybody is running around with a full set of gear that's been thrown to them, what is the point?

Respecting time is casual now? The old system was perfectly fine. Also, none of the armor is guaranteed so you can be playing all fucking day and not get a piece.

Number45

Guardians, capture the bloody objectives in Iron Banner!

I'm getting really annoyed with people not focusing on capturing points, especially when the enemy team is on the other side of the map. Almost always doing it by myself.
Almost everyone I watch stream Destiny plays control the same as clash. "My peons can capture the points"! That's not quite to easy with 4v4.

Haha.

ohyou.jpg

IB should drop loot AND tokens - just tokens is shit. As of now, Trials is the most rewarding activity in the game.
Not if you suck!
:'(

LiK

Haha.

ohyou.jpg

Yea, altho Trials is also the sweatiest so that makes sense. But yea, the RNG for armor from what people have said is pretty ridiculous. I was lucky that my first package had a Titan helm. My most wanted armor piece.

JHall

I should be able to spend Legendary shards to roll armor to a different set of perks: Mobility, Resilience, or Restorative. I really want to use the Iron Banner armor but it's effectively worthless on a Hunter. This way you'd give players another way to spend Legendary shards.

Feorax

I still don't get why nightfalls don't have real matchmaking. Even with the time limit it's generally doable by most. Just up the light level requirement and it would be fine.

I have almost everything in the game and enjoy the PVP (trials for the most part). They just need to continue respecting our time. I should be rewarded handsomely for playing 2 hours a day.

Respecting time is casual now? The old system was perfectly fine. Also, none of the armor is guaranteed so you can be playing all fucking day and not get a piece.

You should be rewarded with some type of progression for playing 2 hours a day I'd agree with that part. I also agree that the RNG is bad. You should not be getting duplicates in something like this until you already have everything, particularly when the duplicates right now are basically worthless. That part of it is absolutely disrespectful of peoples time.

Almost everyone I watch stream Destiny plays control the same as clash. "My peons can capture the points"! That's not quite to easy with 4v4.

Not if you suck!
:'(

To be fair, it's people capturing points that tend to mess the game up.

The maps are asymetrical, you don't want to just run around in circles capturing points, that's the trap that many players fall into, and quickly lose the game for your team.

As the maps are asymmetrical, there is usually a pair of points that are strategically advantagous to hold. On Emperors Respite for instance, if you cap C then you're funnelled through doors to B and A. That puts you at a huge strategic disadvantage at capping B, especially as it's very easy for the team that holds A, to also hold B (due to close proximity between the two, and open sightless on B from the outside. A single player running behind capping C will displace the enemy team to A, and grant them A and B for free - capping the wrong thing will quickly cost your team the game.

Generally speaking, the best strategy isn't to run around capturing points, but to pick the best two points to hold together, and focus on holding the one that sits inbetween your rear point, and the enemies only point (typically B).

Haha.

ohyou.jpg

It does drop loot though. I dropped two exotics while playing IB last night.

Number45

I should be able to spend Legendary shards to roll armor to a different set of perks: Mobility, Resilience, or Restorative. I really want to use the Iron Banner armor but it's effectively worthless on a Hunter. This way you'd give players another way to spend Legendary shards.
This is a great idea - and it deals with two problems (too many shards and not being able to wear what I want because of stats).

The maps are asymetrical, you don't want to just run around in circles capturing points, that's the trap that many players fall into, and quickly lose the game for your team.

As the maps are asymmetrical, there is usually a pair of points that are strategically advantagous to hold. On Emperors Respite for instance, if you cap C then you're funnelled through doors to B and A. That puts you at a huge strategic disadvantage at capping B, especially as it's very easy for the team that holds A, to also hold B (due to close proximity between the two, and open sightless on B from the outside. A single player running behind capping C will displace the enemy team to A, and grant them A and B for free - capping the wrong thing will quickly cost your team the game.

Generally speaking, the best strategy isn't to run around capturing points, but to pick the best two points to hold together, and focus on holding the one that sits inbetween your rear point, and the enemies only point (typically B)..
Thanks for this. Despite playing Destiny 1 and 2 for well over 1000 hours I'm still very much a PvP newbie.

E92 M3

Do you seriously think you should get every piece of gear after 20 minutes?

Obviously no, but I should within 6 hours of play.

You should be rewarded with some type of progression for playing 2 hours a day I'd agree with that part. I also agree that the RNG is bad. You should not be getting duplicates in something like this until you already have everything, particularly when the duplicates right now are basically worthless. That part of it is absolutely disrespectful of peoples time.

Yes, the previous system was essentially perfect - for alts especially.

It does drop loot though. I dropped two exotics while playing IB last night.

Too much RNG still.

--

An hour or so of trials gets me 2 engrams and 2 pieces of guaranteed loot at 300. That should be the STANDARD for all end-game activities like raiding and IB.

Ruze789

This is my biggest problem with this new system. All I really want from this is armor, and so far all I've got is ARs.

With no post-game drops there's a pretty good chance I won't get anything I want (especially that Hunter helmet!), and I can't do anything about it at all.

Y3 Banner was great because there was the post game drop you so had a chance every single game you played, the bounties so there were 2 more chances for the weapon/ armor you wanted, and the vendor selling pieces so at some point in the IB rotation you'd get exactly what you wanted.

I don't remember anyone in the Y3 D1 threads complaining about the IB loot raining down on our heads post-game, and I don't know why now people are acting like it's so outrageous to be pissed at this new system.

An hour or so of trials gets me 2 engrams and 2 pieces of guaranteed loot at 300. That should be the STANDARD for all end-game activities like raiding and IB.

An hour or so if you are good at trials and/or with a good team, i´m an average-to-ok pvp player but my usual mates dont play that much, i can play HOURS of trials with them and get jackshit because we are not able to win a single match before someone ragequits lol

E92 M3

This is my biggest problem with this new system. All I really want from this is armor, and so far all I've got is ARs.

With no post-game drops there's a pretty good chance I won't get anything I want (especially that Hunter helmet!), and I can't do anything about it at all.

Y3 Banner was great because there was the post game drop you so had a chance every single game you played, the bounties so there were 2 more chances for the weapon/ armor you wanted, and the vendor selling pieces so at some point in the IB rotation you'd get exactly what you wanted.

I don't remember anyone in the Y3 D1 threads complaining about the IB loot raining down on our heads post-game, and I don't know why now people are acting like it's so outrageous to be pissed at this new system.

There weren't any complaints, but now it's a crusade to burn the casuals.

An hour or so if you are good at trials and/or with a good team, i´m an average-to-ok pvp player but my usual mates dont play that much, i can play HOURS of trials with them and get jackshit because we are not able to win a single match before someone ragequits lol

I am talking a theoretical max. The raid would also require competency.

hank_tree

I still don't get why nightfalls don't have real matchmaking. Even with the time limit it's generally doable by most. Just up the light level requirement and it would be fine.

I don't know man. I think I'm reasonably competent at the game and it took my group a couple of tries last week (And we only scraped a win with like 20 seconds left) and that's with mics etc.

I wouldn't expect three random people to finish it that easily.

I would like an explanation for the way engrams drop too. I have read it multiple times and I still don't really get it.

I too am one point away from 305 (and it's gauntlets too). Still have the Nightfall to do though so maybe I'll be lucky.

Ignore bonuses from mods. They don't affect drop/reward levels. Don't equip legendary mods in an attempt to boost reward levels, it won't do anything.
The game looks at the power level of all your equipment across all characters and equips the best possible stuff to get your maximum theoretical unmodded power level.

Purple engrams will be at -5 of this level.
Exotics are at this level (and always have legendary mods so they appear to be 5 points higher)
Clan rewards, Powerful equipment rewards and Exotic quest rewards will drop at about 5-10 points higher.

Things get weird when you get near the cap and it gets hard to cross over to 300 power. Powerful rewards can drop around 298/299 when the equation above would say 300 or more.
But once you hit the 300 unmodded cap, things get wierder still as vendor rewards become a random 0 to -5 of your unmodded power level (i.e. 295-300).

Zereta

Ignore bonuses from mods. They don't affect drop/reward levels. Don't equip legendary mods in an attempt to boost reward levels, it won't do anything.
The game looks at the power level of all your equipment across all characters and equips the best possible stuff to get your maximum theoretical unmodded power level.

Purple engrams will be at -5 of this level.
Exotics are at this level (and always have legendary mods so they appear to be 5 points higher)
Clan rewards, Powerful equipment rewards and Exotic quest rewards will drop at about 5-10 points higher.

Things get weird when you get near the cap and it gets hard to cross over to 300 power. Powerful rewards can drop around 298/299 when the equation above would say 300 or more.
But once you hit the 300 unmodded cap, things get wierder still as vendor rewards become a random 0 to -5 of your unmodded power level (i.e. 295-300).

That randomness of the vendor roll at 300 is ridiculous. You've reached the max PL. At that point, randomizing that is pointless.

I don't know man. I think I'm reasonably competent at the game and it took my group a couple of tries last week (And we only scraped a win with like 20 seconds left) and that's with mics etc.

I wouldn't expect three random people to finish it that easily.
I'm not a very good player and I've managed to beat it the last couple weeks. Did the guided games and there was only one time the other players had mics. Which one of them decided to use to berate me because we didn't beat it with 5 minutes left to get him his rat king...

So yeah I'm ok with no mics and random mm for it. It's absolutely doable. That doesn't mean you'll beat it every time but it's the Nightfall. It's not supposed to be easy.

Number45

Just think, all of this mod confusion could have been avoided it the mod itself just showed it's +5 to attack power without actually affecting the number on the item/character.

Do you still have to vault weps from one character to equip them on a second character?? And dont tell me to go to some damn app please. Zero reason I should have to do that still. Same with the godawful vault. I've literally laughed at it it's so bad. You have to just laugh at things like that. It's either that or cry. Talk about disrespecting time.

Just think, all of this mod confusion could have been avoided it the mod itself just showed it's +5 to attack power without actually affecting the number on the item/character.

I'm 100 hours in and what is a mod? Seriously it's a good idea but they're terribly done. Hopefully they work on those.

SgtCobra

You just need to learn to control the recoil. You have to hold the stick down quite far to control it. The recoil is mostly vertical so it isn't too hard. Just keep practicing and it slays.
It was not the vertical recoil that was causing the mixed results I think, I changed sights end it performed visibly better. I was using the SC Holo sights and changed it to the GB Iron.
The problem was that the red dot (?) went berserk when you or opponents are moving sideways.

Still can't see what all the fuss is about, the last hope shreds it.

Are Eurogamer borrowing our jokes? :p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tiny-2-players-are-settling-into-its-end-game

Notice, that the article is subtitles as, The Token King.

image.png

My dude, LL didn't have anything to do with you getting Flawless and going to the lighthouse. It's still thrilling to go to the Spire even if Power advantages are disabled.

image.png

My dude, LL didn't have anything to do with you getting Flawless and going to the lighthouse. It's still thrilling to go to the Spire even if Power advantages are disabled.

Admits getting to the Lighthouse took a lot of help, still says the LL difference made it meaningful.

I mean, look, not everyone is a PvP stud and I get that. I'm slightly above average at best. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to say LL differences made the accomplishment meaningful when you were carried to victory.

Number45

Do you still have to vault weps from one character to equip them on a second character?? And dont tell me to go to some damn app please. Zero reason I should have to do that still. Same with the godawful vault. I've literally laughed at it it's so bad. You have to just laugh at things like that. It's either that or cry. Talk about disrespecting time.
Yeah, you need an app or to do it through the vault in game. I agree with the vault not being very user friendly too. Sorting options are limited and I'd really like to be able manually order my stuff.

I'm 100 hours in and what is a mod? Seriously it's a good idea but they're terribly done. Hopefully they work on those.
Now that you mention this, I don't recall the game actually explaining the mechanism at all.

LiK

None of the mods are explained in-game. I didn't even know about mod components from dismantling until someone told me.

None of the mods are explained in-game. I didn't even know about mod components from dismantling until someone told me.

Mod system is pretty half baked and annoying

This is probably the area where they could improve on the most

Id almost rather they scrap it and just give us a bonus perk slot

Did you know that if you take 3 of the same spawn in animation mods to Amanda she'll trade them for a random legendary spawn animation?

The UI is almost too clean in places and folks don't even know all the options that they have.

LiK

Mod system is pretty half baked and annoying

This is probably the area where they could improve on the most

Id almost rather they scrap it and just give us a bonus perk slot

Yea, still no Kinectic weapon mod drops. I'm at the mercy of hoping for 305 drops to infuse.

Did you know that if you take 3 of the same spawn in animation mods to Amanda she'll trade them for a random legendary spawn animation?

The UI is almost too clean in places and folks don't even know all the options that they have.

Hah, learned about that thanks to YouTube.

Trakan

Obviously no, but I should within 6 hours of play.

Even with the old system in ROI, only 2 weapons and armor pieces were offered each time Iron Banner came around. It also took probably 6 hours to just get access to what was for sale. It also costed legendary shards and you probably couldn't buy everything unless it dropped for you.

Yea, still no Kinectic weapon mod drops. I'm at the mercy of hoping for 305 drops to infuse.

Hah, learned about that thanks to YouTube.
Do those even exist? I thought the max gear could drop at was 300, with a +5 mod bringing it to 305. If you use that as infusion fodder, it loses the mod right?

Number45

What the actual fuck?

In my defense, I'm still annoyed that there's no kiosk for ships and sparrows so I haven't paid a great deal of attention to her this time around.

Do those even exist? I thought the max gear could drop at was 300, with a +5 mod bringing it to 305. If you use that as infusion fodder, it loses the mod right?
Yeah, the only way to get a 305 is for it to be 300 base level with a +5 mod. So infusing it to an item with no mod would leave you with a 300 item, not 305. Fortunately, I've been pretty lucky with kinetic mods and don't have a wide variety of kinetic weapons I use so I have some spares! I don't put a kinetic mod in unless I'm 100% the weapon is getting good use. I think I have it in Origin Story, Nameless Midnight and Better Devils.

LiK

Yea, I infused a 304 Coldheart in to my Origin Story and currently my highest now is 304.

Top Bottom