• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

I'm so lucky as I've gotten The Fool's Remedy sidearm (Solar and Void) in back-to-back engrams from the IB. I sure hope I get the Arc version next. In fact I've gotten 4 weapons and no sign of armor as of yet.

That said, I do think some of the mechanics have been so abstracted from the actual theme/what's happening in the raid itself that they feel forced. Shooting two arrows that explicitly don't match the path someone needs to traverse? Calling out symbols on a psychic projection's head in a telepathic realm separate from a room where you need to determine which symbol on the floor wasn't called? Uh, this stuff is so detached from the fiction that's playing out on the screen that I might as well be playing a Euro board game equivalent of a Destiny raid. Find more flavorfully resonant and appropriate ways of tying mechanics to the storyline of the raid. Not only will the whole experience feel more coherent, players less partial to the mechanic driven experience will feel less frustrated and more rewarded by the process of learning the raid.

Yeah I'm with ya, I really really really dislike this raid for the same reasons.

NF
1. Lunlunqq
2. ptr19

Just one more

Ill go, PSNID pedrolumpy

Did they change the VO actor of Saladin at any point? Has he always had the same tone?

I played up till October of 2015 so I had a longggggg break from Destiny till now but I feel like Saladin didn’t sound like this back in year one/two compared to who they got now.

He’s not bad, just sounds different unless I’ve lost my mind :p

Did they change the VO actor of Saladin at any point? Has he always had the same tone?

I played up till October of 2015 so I had a longggggg break from Destiny till now but I feel like Saladin didn’t sound like this back in year one/two compared to who they got now.

He’s not bad, just sounds different unless I’ve lost my mind :p

It’s the same guy from Rise of Iron. He sounds like Optimus Prime, but apparently he’s also Reaper in Overwatch.

mileS

Slap a iron banner coin on some old weapon skins. Thats neat. Oh cool, most of the weapons suck anyway.

really let down by this event.

Just based on D1 itself, are we supposed to be surprised at this point? Expect more reskins of things till the series end.

It's a way different context. You will see reskins in a game like this through out it's overall lifespan, not 1 month after the game released. Literally the 2 live events have been reskins of coin slot machines LMAO.

It makes the whole loot problem even worse, this game has been in development for years and can't even get unique items for an activity? really? And they fucking introduce the activity WITH A RESKIN MAP.
They don't even have a lore tab, literally just a paint job.

Rise of Iron had unique weapons and sounds models for iron banner, it was developed in a single year, apparently doing the same for the game's sequel IS WAY TOO HARD BUNGIE.

I'm sorry for all the swearing but i'm goddamn done with this, what's their excuse now?

ACR0019

It's a way different context. You will see reskins in a game like this through out it's overall lifespan, not 1 month after the game released. Literally the 2 live events have been reskins of coin slot machines LMAO.

It makes the whole loot problem even worse, this game has been in development for years and can't even get unique items for an activity? really? And they fucking introduce the activity WITH A RESKIN MAP.
They don't even have a lore tab, literally just a paint job.

Rise of Iron had unique weapons and sounds models for iron banner, it was developed in a single year, apparently doing the same for the game's sequel IS WAY TOO HARD BUNGIE.

I'm sorry for all the swearing but i'm goddamn done with this, what's their excuse now?

It wouldn’t surprise me if the RoI IB guns were originally slated for D2 but were stuck in RoI when D2 was delayed.

EL CUCO

So where are my peeps that said the "new" IB map wasnt a Shores of Time remake, that it was just an assumption because the map has Shores in the name? 👀

It wouldn't surprise me if the RoI IB guns were originally slated for D2 but were stuck in RoI when D2 was delayed.

Yeap, and that's a bad call too, cause reskins made more sense on a 3 year old game, not a 1 month old one.

3 studios working in the game for years, with supposedly new and reworked tools to make the whole creating and releasing new content process easier and better than before.

4 weeks in and we've only seen reskins.

It's hilarious.

bosseye

Iron Banner is always control? Ugh, it's just the worst mode for 4v4. Even more impossible with randoms than normal too. Waste of time.

Also that EDZ map is the ugliest place ever.

I'm so lucky as I've gotten The Fool's Remedy sidearm (Solar and Void) in back-to-back engrams from the IB. I sure hope I get the Arc version next. In fact I've gotten 4 weapons and no sign of armor as of yet.

Ask and you shall receive, sure enough an Arc Fool's Remedy to complete the trifecta, just what I always wanted. At least I got the IB cloak and the pulse rifle, I guess.

Coming into today (Duplicate Tuesday) I still needed a 300 PL cloak for my Hunter to join my Titan and Warlock at 305 PL...I got five 300 PL cloaks today.

The Dude

Haven't had the chance to run the raid yet, but long time destiny player here so once I see what's up I'm good. But basically looking for some late evening raiders or mid day Wednesday. I can do every Wednesday around 2 or 3 pm, as my wife works late that night. But would love to establish like a steady night or day to run each week if anyone needs a person or would like to set something up, let me know guys thanks

After a full night of losing to premade IB trains, I finally landed a free for all.

3.43 k/d and lots of timely kills defending control points. Not going to have a better run tonight, so I'll end PVP on a high note.

Mindlog

Just barely miss killing boss a few times.
Finally kill him with ~1:48 left on the clock.
Prestige!

Head back to the tower to collect my loot.
Crash.
Destiny 2!

Thank you Deku and Uff for the Prestige Nightfall. Learned a lot of good strat tweaks.

Lyonaz

Why the fuck does IB engrams give regular armor.... getting the IB gear for my hunter is gonna be a pain. Saladin should sell 2 pieces for shards to offset the rng of the engrams.

Not a fan of D2 Iron Banner.

Just barely miss killing boss a few times.
Finally kill him with ~1:48 left on the clock.
Prestige!

Head back to the tower to collect my loot.
Crash.
Destiny 2!

Thank you Deku and Uff for the Prestige Nightfall. Learned a lot of good strat tweaks.
You mind helping me tomorrow around this time? We only tried once and got to the boss with hardly any time left.

Top Bottom