• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Cornbread78

Still need 1 more for N ewbiwe raid tonight:

Weekend Newb Raid Crews:

Friday night (10/13): *spot still open*
*9pm EST/6pm PST

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- ??
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
- greyblade

daedalius

okp66FD.gif

I didn't think it would be either but I've been pleasantly surprised so far!

zewone

Oh Hell yeah.

Trials on a good map with Countdown.

Count me in for 3 flawless runs.

Really? Think its utter crap like all Pulse rifles really for PVP. Or maybe i am spoiled from D1.

It's not worth using even the best pulse or hand cannon over a scout and AR at the moment.

v1perz53

Better than Better Devils? Now I want it more which means I'll just get lots of the GL.

I'm a big fan of Hand Cannons, and I use them despite them not being that great right now overall. I personally prefer Better Devils. IB HC is a 3 shot kill, but only with all headshots. If you miss a single headshot, it becomes a 4-5 shot to kill, same as Better Devils (best case 4 shot worst case 5 shot), only slower than Devils (lower RoF). Also, Devils has almost twice the aim assist as IB HC, and feels stickier to me. All this is ignoring how awesome Explosive Rounds is, both in terms of flinching your opponent and hitting people around corners. Outlaw on the IB HC is cool but more situational than Explosive rounds. Devil has better stats across the board vs IB HC except for impact (doesn't matter unless you're a precision hit god like I stated above) and Range (also doesn't matter since Explosive Rounds have no range falloff).

That said, IB HC still feels great, I just personally wouldn't use it over Better Devils. Funny to me though that it is called "The Steady Hand" and the stability on it is awful. Maybe saying you need a steady hand to use it? hah. Though stability matters less on a slow RoF HC, plenty of time to correct the recoil yourself.

It's not worth using even the best pulse or hand cannon over a scout and AR at the moment.

HCs have some place (if you force them to) in that they are the highest damage per single shot weapons, so they CAN work in certain peek-shoot gameplay styles, but you have to actively try to make them work. TrueVanguard had a good video on it. At least they have SOMETHING they are "best" at though, pulses are just worse than auto rifles at all the same ranges, slower to kill and 450 RPM auto rifles are steady enough (and D2 pulses are jerky enough) that staying on target is easier with an AR also.

Really? Think its utter crap like all Pulse rifles really for PVP. Or maybe i am spoiled from D1.

I really like Pulses as a counter to the Scout meta. It's ot hard to get into your optimal distance relative to a Scout on maps that aren't Eternity, and you've got a slightly better TTK than them. Pair with an Omolon Sidearm and you're golden.

I'd been using Lincoln Green and the Trials pulse before this, but at least when I'm using it the IB pulse is in a league of its own.

No one seems to agree with me though, so maybe it's just something about my playstyle.

v1perz53

I really like Pulses as a counter to the Scout meta. It's ot hard to get into your optimal distance relative to a Scout on maps that aren't Eternity, and you've got a slightly better TTK than them. Pair with an Omolon Sidearm and you're golden.

I'd been using Lincoln Green and the Trials pulse before this, but at least when I'm using it the IB pulse is in a league of its own.

No one seems to agree with me though, so maybe it's just something about my playstyle.

The issue is that 450 RPM auto rifles are just better than pulses at every effective range, as I added to my edit above. There's no distance where any pulse has a faster TTK than a 450 auto, they have higher range than pulses and are still better in close quarters than pulses. Pulses are deceptive, in that they seem made to combat at long range, but actually have pretty shit range stats and have damage falloff even at moderate ranges. I don't really understand why Auto Rifles have better ranges than Pulses, seems like it should be reversed, pulse for long range auto for close.

Honestly though it just seems that the 450 ARs are too strong right now. (as are Omolon sidearms with their RIDICULOUS 0.73 sec oTTK, way faster than the next quickest 0.9 sec non-sidearm weapon).

The issue is that 450 RPM auto rifles are just better than pulses at every effective range, as I added to my edit above. There's no distance where any pulse has a faster TTK than a 450 auto, they have higher range than pulses and are still better in close quarters than pulses. Pulses are deceptive, in that they seem made to combat at long range, but actually have pretty shit range stats and have damage falloff even at moderate ranges. I don't really understand why Auto Rifles have better ranges than Pulses, seems like it should be reversed, pulse for long range auto for close.

Honestly though it just seems that the 450 ARs are too strong right now.

Oh, well that might be it. I've played around with Uriel and all the other 450 ARs and they're just not.,.. satisfying. Such long range, such little recoil, I might as well be firing a laser. I recognized that I was doing decent with them, but I gravitated towards the pulses because their mechanics feel better to me, for whatever reason.

Oh well, when they nerf ARs and Pulses are in the meta again, I'll have ample practice with them!

Just cant believe the spawns. I mean they were not great in D1 and for some reason they made it even worse in D2 and that is even with 4vs4 instead of 6vs6. This IB i have been spawn killed more then in whole Destiny 1.

The logic isnt there. You know A flag on Dead Cliffs? On the right there is that little courtyard thing with the pillar and it keeps spawning you there when B flag people have line of sight on you. And the crazy thing is. Behind A flag there is a big ass room with two entries complety away from line of sight and they dont use that as spawn. I mean..

1 full minute of being spawn killed in Iron Banner (not mine)

It's weird though. I didn't quite realize how bad the spawns were until Iron Banner.

border

So what's the easiest way to stack Recovery as a Hunter? It looks like they are pretty stingy about giving that stat out on gear.

So far the only guarantee looks to be the set pieces you get from Asher Mir on Io (and Trials gear, but I'm shit at Trials).

Raven117

Trials aside, I'm starting to see a lot less MIDA usage lately. Totally anecdotal but compared to the first few weeks it seems like people using this against me has been halved.
Mida always felt like a flash in the pan to me. It was people not knowing the maps and staying in those long lanes. I think once everyone learned how to move around them and close the gap, it fell out of favor for the auto rifles.

Trials aside

Toe-Knee

So what's the easiest way to stack Recovery as a Hunter? It looks like they are pretty stingy about giving that stat out on gear.

So far the only guarantee looks to be the set pieces you get from Asher Mir on Io (and Trials gear, but I'm shit at Trials).

Road complex armour is good for recovery.

On most pieces of armour you can change what it boosts though.

zewone

Road complex armour is good for recovery.

On most pieces of armour you can change what it boosts though.
Recovery armor is broken for Hunters (and has been since launch, thanks again Bungie) and gives Resilience rather than Recovery. It does have some Recovery though, if you select that perk.

Maybe we'll get that fixed when we get HDR next year.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Gensym Knight set (Io)
Road Complex (Crucible, but every Vendor has this in their Loot pool)

Everyone thought Iron Banner would be one, but it's Resilience

As you can see, highest you can get:
Gensym Helmet, everything else Road Complex
8vNQ1ykl.jpg

Maybe 7 possible, but no higher

I have Warlock @ 1/4/10
Titan is @2/6/8
Hunter as you can see @4/4/6

zewone

Gensym Knight set (Io)
Road Complex (Crucible, but every Vendor has this in their Loot pool)

Everyone thought Iron Banner would be one, but it's Resilience

As you can see, highest you can get:
Gensym Helmet, everything else Road Complex
8vNQ1ykl.jpg

Maybe 7 possible, but no higher

I have Warlock @ 1/4/10
Titan is @2/6/8
Hunter as you can see @4/4/6
6 Recovery is max Hunter can get until Bungie fixes their "nasty bug".

zewone

Yeah, I have feet slotted with Health Recovery mod
That's why I said 7 is possible but until a fix

What can you do
7 is not possible is what I'm saying. What I can do is complain until it's addressed or at the very least, acknowledged.

EDIT: 10 will and should already be the max recovery for Hunter, if the armor wasn't bugged.

Avari

I've been playing a bit of iron banner on all 3 of my characters. Is there any benefit to claiming rewards with each of them, or would it best best to turn in all my tokens with just one character?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been playing a bit of iron banner on all 3 of my characters. Is there any benefit to claiming rewards with each of them, or would it best best to turn in all my tokens with just one character?
As with any token in the game, you wanna make the turn-ins on the character you want that armor set for (unless you have all the pieces you want already).

GraveRobberX

7 is not possible is what I'm saying. What I can do is complain until it's addressed or at the very least, acknowledged.

EDIT: 10 will and should already be the max recovery for Hunter, if the armor wasn't bugged.

Hunters can't get 10 Recovery

Hunters = Mobility
Titan = Resilience
Warlock = Recovery

Other classes can't best with that ability

Highest a Hunter at the moment is 6, possibly 7 as it highest

zewone

Hunters can't get 10 Recovery

Hunters = Mobility
Titan = Resilience
Warlock = Recovery

Other classes can't best with that ability

Highest a Hunter at the moment is 6, possibly 7 as it highest

I think you may not understand that it's a bug preventing Hunters from reaching 10 Recovery.

Recovery armor should add 1 to your Recovery stat, but on the Hunter, Recovery armor is adding 1 to Resilience .

On the other two classes, Recovery armor behaves as it should.

The Hunter will be able to reach 10 when the bug is fixed.

Better than Better Devils? Now I want it more which means I'll just get lots of the GL.

As I said last week when I looked it over... If Better Devils is Hawkmoon then The Steady Hand (IB HC) is Ace of Spades.

The IB HC can do work but it requires a very specific and deliberate playstyle. That's not all that bad except through my experience in Trials and Iron Banner, more and more players are discovering ways to make rush down play similar to D1 work in D2. There's far less long range peak shooting going on and much much more rush down and split push. Something that fires as slow as the IB HC that requires the very high level accuracy that it does to get it's fastest TTK is going to lose more often than not against the emerging playstyle.

I'm a big fan of Hand Cannons, and I use them despite them not being that great right now overall. I personally prefer Better Devils. IB HC is a 3 shot kill, but only with all headshots. If you miss a single headshot, it becomes a 4-5 shot to kill, same as Better Devils (best case 4 shot worst case 5 shot), only slower than Devils (lower RoF). Also, Devils has almost twice the aim assist as IB HC, and feels stickier to me. All this is ignoring how awesome Explosive Rounds is, both in terms of flinching your opponent and hitting people around corners. Outlaw on the IB HC is cool but more situational than Explosive rounds. Devil has better stats across the board vs IB HC except for impact (doesn't matter unless you're a precision hit god like I stated above) and Range (also doesn't matter since Explosive Rounds have no range falloff).

That said, IB HC still feels great, I just personally wouldn't use it over Better Devils. Funny to me though that it is called "The Steady Hand" and the stability on it is awful. Maybe saying you need a steady hand to use it? hah. Though stability matters less on a slow RoF HC, plenty of time to correct the recoil yourself.

HCs have some place (if you force them to) in that they are the highest damage per single shot weapons, so they CAN work in certain peek-shoot gameplay styles, but you have to actively try to make them work. TrueVanguard had a good video on it. At least they have SOMETHING they are "best" at though, pulses are just worse than auto rifles at all the same ranges, slower to kill and 450 RPM auto rifles are steady enough (and D2 pulses are jerky enough) that staying on target is easier with an AR also.

Great post.

Honestly though it just seems that the 450 ARs are too strong right now. (as are Omolon sidearms with their RIDICULOUS 0.73 sec oTTK, way faster than the next quickest 0.9 sec non-sidearm weapon).

Again, good post. 450 AR's probably need to have their range reduced a tad and Omolon sidearms probably need impact lowered. In the hands of a good player they largely beat the best SMGs with comparable range and less recoil.

GraveRobberX

I think you may not understand that it's a bug preventing Hunters from reaching 10 Recovery.

Recovery armor should add 1 to your Recovery stat, but on the Hunter, Recovery armor is adding 1 to Resilience .

On the other two classes, Recovery armor behaves as it should.

The Hunter will be able to reach 10 when the bug is fixed.

You can't reach 10 on Recovery

Only Warlocks can

Titan I have can Reach 8, no higher, it's not possible to get to 10 on Titan

Same with Hunter, the highest with bug fix is 7, maybe 8 the highest, but I highly doubt that

The bug is stopping Hunters from getting the extra Recovery in boots and some of the Exotics are messed up in this department
You just -1

Hunters will never gave 10 Recovery just as Warlock will never Have 10 Mobility just like Titan will never have that except in Resilience

You get a max of 15 points alotted to you

You can go 5/5/5 or 1/4/10 (Warlock Only)

Only you break the 15 points is with putting it on your armor as Mods

Like my Titan is 2/6/8, for 16 points.

zewone

You can't reach 10 on Recovery

Only Warlocks can

Titan I have can Reach 8, no higher, it's not possible to get to 10 on Titan

Same with Hunter, the highest with bug fix is 7, maybe 8 the highest, but I highly doubt that

The bug is stopping Hunters from getting the extra Recovery in boots and some of the Exotics are messed up in this department
You just -1

Hunters will never gave 10 Recovery just as Warlock will never Have 10 Mobility just like Titan will never have that except in Resilience

You get a max of 15 points alotted to you

You can go 5/5/5 or 1/4/10 (Warlock Only)

Only you break the 15 points is with putting it on your armor as Mods

Like my Titan is 2/6/8, for 16 points.

Ah, I see, so it's just the legs that are bugged.

Apparently Bungie is aware of it:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/234217215?sort=0&page=0&path=1

More specifically, to get 10 Recovery, you would have to have Recovery in every Armor node and a Recovery mod for every node.

I've never come across recovery Mods, blue or otherwise for several armor slots on Hunter. Hunter cloak, for example, doesn't have Recovery mods available.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
More specifically, to get 10 Recovery, you would have to have Recovery in every Armor node and a Recovery mod for every node.

I've never come across recovery Mods, blue or otherwise for several armor slots on Hunter. Hunter cloak, for example, doesn't have Recovery mods available.
Here's this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K7ih7FxzJWW2u0QKVN6vv8UflN14JRHYLNEYTELP6fc/edit#gid=0

Only Legs on Hunter and Titan allow Recovery mods. Warlocks can stack 2.
Hey, did you still have spots open/need help for Sunday? I'd be willing to come lend a hand if so.
There is still one spot. That would be great, thank you. Please sign up if you want to.

GraveRobberX

Correct

Only Boots have that mod

Warlock do get class mod to bump up health recovery though

It's to give you back a point if you run an armor piece swaying from the set

Baconmonk

Still need 1 more for N ewbiwe raid tonight:

Weekend Newb Raid Crews:

Friday night (10/13): *spot still open*
*9pm EST/6pm PST

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- ??
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
- greyblade

I'd like to join. I have cleared the raid before, not sure if that disqualifies me for the noob raids. 300 warlock here, Baconmonk on PSN

f@luS

More than a member.
Playing on 3 characters. 2 first package on each was a 300 engram. Now it’s 299/298. Turning all for my hunter. I have the full set bare the arms so until then I stick with hunter (I have all the 8 weapons already )

Cornbread78

I'd like to join. I have cleared the raid before, not sure if that disqualifies me for the noob raids. 300 warlock here, Baconmonk on PSN

Sure, as long as your cool with being patient with those going through it for the first time. It will actually make things run smoother.

Kyne

There is still one spot. That would be great, thank you. Please sign up if you want to.

Done. :x

If you find/see a newbie inquiring about a spot I would be willing to drop out so that they can have a chance to learn. Just toss me a heads up.

GraveRobberX

So Bright Dust doesn't cap @9,999+

I just got 10,003, so you can keep going!
(Guessing 99,999+ like Glimmer will be cap)

Top Bottom