• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Anyone up for some chill IB sessions?
Looking to complete all three challenges on all three characters.
Seems like a pretty easy night for 45+18 easy tokens.

PSN: Mejilan

Just message me and we can coordinate.

Cornbread78

Is there a game with a more entitled fanbase?

Is it too much to ask for skill based matchmaking and a winners/losers bracket for Trials, so the "Git Gud" crowd can kill each other for a bit and stop pounding their chests constantly at 4-0 curb stomp matches against noobs?

Wait, we deserve this dammit, WTF Bungie, get ur shit together!

I tried, I'm just not good at being too entitled

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is there a game with a more entitled fanbase?

Yes asking for Loot which is RNG on top of RNG is being listed as entitled

We want everything handed to us, no questions asked
Shit I should boot up Destiny 2 and 10 Exotic Engrams should be given to me for giving my time to this game

"I'm a privileged member!"

Most are putting in time and effort into IB
The return of investment feels like shit, when Dupes become the main focal point

If you opened 10 Packages and got x4 FR, that's fucking wasted time earning those Tokens to get Loot.

I get if your on your 35th or 45th package, Dupes will come
Yet people in here who got 10 in not have 1 Armor Piece to show for it

That's the fucking problems
No match end drops, so no satisfaction there
No Ranking up said IB Ranks for Loot it purchase selective items, which would quell most of the frustration

No we are not entitled, you need to get to know how to use that word properly

I'm sitting on at the moment 469 IB Tokens, haven't spent one yet.
(252 being from Daily Challenges on all 3 Guardians and Rep Bundle so far)

That's 23 Rank Packages worth so far.
I'll burn them after Monday Challenges completed and see my Tally and grab most likely the Titan Set, hopefully if RNG is in my favor

I'm not sure how players discussing disappointment in not getting a particular piece of gear to drop after a certain amount of play-time/chances is considered entitlement but whatever.

If that is what this entitlement/cycle talk is about then...fuck off, I guess?

zewone

It used to take months and many hours to get a full IB set. "If I don't get a full set in 6 days I quit. " If that's not entitled, then you're right, I don't know what is.

It used to take months and many hours to get a full IB set. "If I don't get a full set in 6 days I quit. " If that's not entitled, then you're right, I don't know what is.

Yeah, and the new Iron Banner offers a completely different Token system in how you acquire gear/weapons.

Comparing what it used to be (in how long it took) and what it is now is pointless.

In 24 IB engrams I've gotten 6 PR, 3 SA, and 3 AR as well as other duplicates. I'm still looking and for leg armor to drop, that OK with you?

I understand. The new system is still faster even if it relies on RNG. One of the few places where RNG still exists in the franchise.

Umm, RNG exists at every vendor in the game.

zewone

Yeah, and the new Iron Banner offers a completely different Token system in how you acquire gear/weapons.

Comparing what it used to be (in how long it took) and what it is now is pointless.

In 24 IB engrams I've gotten 6 PR, 3 SA, and 3 AR as well as other duplicates. I'm still looking and for leg armor to drop, that OK with you?
Is it ok for me to offer my opinion of entitlement?

I asked for more grind, and I'm glad we've got it. Control is fun enough on its own; I'm glad that I have the goal of getting the full IB set on my Titan as the cherry on top.

...That said, it would be nice if I didn't get five bloody chest pieces and no other armor this week :p

Floody

It was a 298

I've been using Uriel's Gift for 2 weeks, it's so good and then I hear that Origin Story is the best gun in the game?

I'll just keep using my Mida for Kinetic

You can't go wrong with either and neither 1 is all that much better than the other.

Origin Story is the better PvE weapon and Uriel's is the better PvP weapon imo. Though Origin Story + Last Hope or Last Dance is really fun to play with in PvP.

Is there a gaf clan I can join on xb1?
Try this thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423262

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only played enough to get 100 coins including three days of challenges and I'm missing one gear to complete set if it makes you feel better.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Yes. Sales of Destiny 2 aren't good enough to have more entitled fans than other games. The numbers don't add up.
Retails down 50% but digital isn't counted, and if anyone else is trending like my friends, there are FAR more digital versions this time round sold (100% of my 5 man crew are digital this time round, all retail last time waiting in lines..).

anybody running the raid on xbox tonight?
Join up to the discord if you haven’t, we have an LFG Xbox channel on there. I know some people were running the raid a few hours ago but I don’t see anything else scheduled tonight.

Discord link is in the OP, quote to view and find the “discord.gg” link.

You guys have made me not even want to try IB haha

If you are talking RNG/loot your experience could be completely different which is the nature of it. If talking about just the PvP experience it seems Ok if you like the Control gametype, better in group play and hit-or-miss if not in a group.

In either case I would encourage you to give it a go no matter the type of player you are.

is the fighting lion xur is selling any good?

Not even worth the time it takes to dismantle.

Olengie

I got the neat Jade Emperor skin for Fighting Lion.

Tried the Fighting Lion. I dont see myself using this at all. Ever. Just like The Prospector. The Unique Perk is meh for both too.

Fighting Lion is probably the worst weapon in the game. If its not in your collection though might as well buy one just in case its buffed later.

Most Grenade Launchers in general though are very underwhelming however if you happen to find a "Play of the Game" grenade launcher (normally from crucible tokens or the weekly) KEEP IT. Its got proximity detonation and its pretty great I really dig mine.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey does anyone know what I specifically need to do to get a character to transfer over from D1 to D2? After playing through alot of D2, I went back to D1 since I never played anything outside of the Base game and Dark Below and also wanted to try a Titan out since I usually play warlock. I read that I just needed to beat Black Garden and be level 20, but even after having done that and then going into Destiny 2 I don't see my Titan there.

Matt Frost

Get a Infinity Pro 4PS Scuf controller if you can. My god, my efficiency has gone up 1000%, almost feels like pay to win. So much fun jumping around and looking at the enemies confused on where you are. Shooting them knowing they dont have a chance. Needs some adjusting but after that... carnage. And also good for staying alive, aiming etc... best purchase ever.

Dineren

Banned
Hey does anyone know what I specifically need to do to get a character to transfer over from D1 to D2? After playing through alot of D2, I went back to D1 since I never played anything outside of the Base game and Dark Below and also wanted to try a Titan out since I usually play warlock. I read that I just needed to beat Black Garden and be level 20, but even after having done that and then going into Destiny 2 I don't see my Titan there.

I'm pretty sure that isn't possible. They had a cutoff before launch on when characters could be transferred.

Edit: From their FAQ

⋙Will account or character data from after August 1, 2017 be migrated to Destiny 2?
No. Only qualifying Characters that exist at the time of the Account and Character Migration on August 1, 2017 will have their data imported into Destiny 2. Any game accomplishments or qualifying content completion that occurs after that date will not be reflected in Destiny 2.

Top Bottom