• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Still need 1 more for N ewbiwe raid tonight:

Weekend Newb Raid Crews:

Friday night (10/13): *spot still open*
*9pm EST/6pm PST

Sherpas:
- Pandora012
- NeoNightmare

Newbs:
- ??
- LooneyLMD
- ArkkAngel007
- greyblade
Do you do the newbie raids every week? 266 now trying to level to do raid at some point.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Since you can straight buy Eververse boxes, I'm guessing they've purchased a whole bunch.

I have bought a couple, I'll admit.

Not really

I had the $15 psn cash back for spending $100 promo for Buying Destiny 2
Put $5 more in for $20 worth of Silver

Only used $5 worth of Silver on Engrams (an extra 3 Bright Engrams for 500 Silver) got that extra bonus one for your first purchase

Then x3 for getting your Guardian through Campaign for +9 Bright Engrams

Then every week, I've earned +3 Bright Engrams on all 3 Guardians with the quickness
So +9 every week there

Then I farm like crazy so add maybe +15-20 there as extra extra bonus

Now my Bright Engrams are getting hella slow, even with the Well Rested Buff of Triple the amount of XP earned for next 3 levels

The XP bar takes awhile now to fill up

Still got 1 Bright Engram to earn on Hunter left.

Never bought Bright Engrams in bulk

Also certain shaders give Bright Dust if you dismantle, varies from +7 to +15 per shader dismantled

gspec

Not really

I had the $15 psn cash back for spending $100 promo for Buying Destiny 2
Put $5 more in for $20 worth of Silver

Only used $5 worth of Silver on Engrams (an extra 3 Bright Engrams for 500 Silver) got that extra bonus one for your first purchase

Then x3 for getting your Guardian through Campaign for +9 Bright Engrams

Then every week, I've earned +3 Bright Engrams on all 3 Guardians with the quickness
So +9 every week there

Then I farm like crazy so add maybe +15-20 there as extra extra bonus

Now my Bright Engrams are getting hella slow, even with the Well Rested Buff of Triple the amount of XP earned for next 3 levels

The XP bar takes awhile now to fill up

Still got 1 Bright Engram to earn on Hunter left.

Never bought Bright Engrams in bulk

Also certain shaders give Bright Dust if you dismantle, varies from +7 to +15 per shader dismantled

Are you buying the fireteam medallions with your bright dust?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you do the newbie raids every week? 266 now trying to level to do raid at some point.
Hawkian does them every weekend, so shoot him a PM and see what time he is thinking for nexr weekend.
Next week's is going to have to be on an EST weeknight sometime, just haven't decided when yet. I'm going out of town for a week on the 21st.

But ya BlackGhost, they are ordinarily weekly and held on a weekend afternoon EST.

_Legacy_

So my Titan has the IB helmet and chest, my Warlock has boots and gauntlet. Wonder which one will get the complete set first?

Or will I just get weapons from now on? Ha

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are you buying the fireteam medallions with your bright dust?

Nope lol

I still have my original 3 from finishing campaign on each Guardian

Never really needed it
I mean I'm tapped out on the Loot department almost

Like 95% done with collecting everything worth of value weapon and armor wise
Tess has been Generous with Exotic stuff too, so no need to spend there and in no rush to get the Optimacy gear for Dresstiny

j-wood

I grouped up with randoms last night for the raid and we actually did alright! Beat Gauntlet and pools, but could not beat dogs. Would anyone be up for trying to beat the raid at that point sometime late tonight?

Hawkian does them every weekend, so shoot him a PM and see what time he is thinking for nexr weekend.

Hawkian looks for 275 min light level, but he tries to do them often.
Have you done the Nightfall this week? I'll be trying to help people clear that this weekend if I have the time.

There will be plenty of opportunities to get to the raid eventually. Not much end game right now other than helping others. Just keep an eye out.

Next week's is going to have to be on an EST weeknight sometime, just haven't decided when yet. I'm going out of town for a week on the 21st.

But ya BlackGhost, they are ordinarily weekly and held on a weekend afternoon EST.
Alright thanks everyone. I'll keep a lookout Hawkian

And no mindlong haven't done a nightfall yet. Would be interested if we're both on later

Floody

The IB dupes are kinda killing me from even wanting to play IB anymore.
I've had 7x legs, 4x Arms, 3x Titan Skirt, 6x Pulse, 4x AR, 1x Handcannon, 2x SMG
27 goddamn packages!! No head or chest piece.

Be praying to RNGesus tonight, maybe he'll finally give me the amazing, yet stupid looking Titan Helmet tomorrow.

Kyne

this is going to sound petty but if I don't get the legs from IB by Monday I am literally going to quit until December lol.

this is going to sound petty but if I don't get the legs from IB by Monday I am literally going to quit until December lol.

I don't think it will matter in the least but I've started to outfit my character with all Iron Banner gear/weapons when I go and get the engrams.

Up to 24 and no legs/boots.

I figure I got about 12-15 more engrams in me before Tuesday.

Kyne

I don't think it will matter in the least but I've started to outfit my character with all Iron Banner gear/weapons when I go and get the engrams.

Up to 24 and no legs/boots.

I figure I got about 12-15 more engrams in me before Tuesday.

I think I'm at rank 16 or something? The outlook isn't good.

I think I'm at rank 16 or something? The outlook isn't good.

The Token system throughout Destiny 2 is the worst kind of RNG that Destiny has had at any point.

As a staunch supporter of random rolls this isn't a grind I want, well, my reasoning for wanting random rolls has nothing to do with any kind of grind really but rather the idea of variety that could potentially make a piece of gear or weapon alter the gameplay or the way you play in mostly minor ways. That's the fun of random rolls when you get the same piece of gear or weapon and then checking out the perks on it rather than getting the exact same duplicate for the 20th time.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm getting really bored of collecting tokens for whatever faction and getting lame gear. I missed half the gear for my characters during the faction Rally, and trying to get the Nesus and Io chest for my Warlock has just ended up giving me the same arm and leg armour over and over, along with the same useless weapons over and over again.

I kind of wish there was just a shop, even if it took much longer, at least I knew I would get what I wanted instead of what feels like days wasted getting nothing.

Floody

I'm getting really bored of collecting tokens for whatever faction and getting lame gear. I missed half the gear for my characters during the faction Rally, and trying to get the Nesus and Io chest for my Warlock has just ended up giving me the same arm and leg armour over and over, along with the same useless weapons over and over again.

I kind of wish there was just a shop, even if it took much longer, at least I knew I would get what I wanted instead of what feels like days wasted getting nothing.

They should have each faction sell a piece or 2 each week for Legendary Shards, they need to do something with them and weekly vendor shops isn't something new to them.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
They should have each faction sell a piece or 2 each week for Legendary Shards, they need to do something with them and weekly vendor shops isn't something new to them.

Would probably take anything over the randomness of getting nothing for dats.

What happened to the smart loot? All I'm getting are dupes

Could literally just make it so we don't get the same drop within the space of an hour and it would be so much better. At least it would force the game to cycle through items rather than give the same piece over and over.

In D1 IB, only two armor pieces were offered for each event. It would take months to get a full set.

Would take that, at least I knew that as long as I played during those events I could get the armour pieces rather than spending hours and walking away with 6 sets of the same gauntlets.

Top Bottom