• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Karl2177

I have a quick question about the Rat King questline. My friends have already gone through and completed the quest. I'm still on the first step of it. Can they help me progress or do I have to find someone that also has the questline, rather than the weapon itself?

I have a quick question about the Rat King questline. My friends have already gone through and completed the quest. I'm still on the first step of it. Can they help me progress or do I have to find someone that also has the questline, rather than the weapon itself?

They can help, but Rat King has to be EQUIPED in order for it to count for you.

I'm down and have done Gauntlet before. 304 Warlock

Sorry, only saw this now, we found someone in the end.

Didn't pass it. Will try again next weekend.

One of our crew is a deaf guy which makes it unbelievably difficult to communicate which rings are red/which arrows to shoot etc.

Bungie really made this next to impossible for deaf gamers to get through. We had him stand on his assigned pillar while others did his shooting parts when required (as well as their own) and he took care of the psions in the bubbles when they appeared. It was VERY frustrating. We got through two laps most of the attempts but the bubble guys always got us.

Why is Emperor's Respite in the IB circulation? If you start on A side you just automatically win every time. I don't think I've seen a close game there yet.

_Legacy_

My group were two wins away from a flawless run, then we faced a bunch of cheaters. One person from our group gets dropped from the match whilst the game was loading and then I get kicked a few minutes after that. We were destroying them 4 v 3 as well until then.

I'm so salty right now.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
I normally would not post my own idiocy, but this was ridiculous: I have been grinding and grinding awful strikes to get Zavala packages for the chance to get an Origin Story of my very own for my hunter main. Meanwhile my titan hadn't completed his milestones and I didn't realize this when I thought I might simply have better rng with him. I do a couple of strikes and go speak to Zavala and there it is as one of my choices. My hunter chose Nameless Midnight way back when because it was all the rage and no one was really upping Origin Story. Crazy. Super pleased now though. Still might grind Zavala for that Curtain Call though. :)

Second newbie raid of the day done, excellent job everyone!

Destiny_2_20171016055445.jpg

Destiny_2_20171016101358.jpg

Sh0k

Why is Emperor's Respite in the IB circulation? If you start on A side you just automatically win every time. I don't think I've seen a close game there yet.

That works until somebody in your random team have the great idea of taking C instead of holding A and B and all goes to hell.

Hugstable

Banned

Destiny_2_20171016055445.jpg

Destiny_2_20171016101358.jpg

That was such a fun run! Thanks again everyone! That last attempt was so intense in the last moments. We were doing terrible at the beginning attempts at Calus but at one point we just ended up progressing rapidly. Really enjoyed the hell out of this raid

I think I'm going to brush up on raid mechanics and enlist the help of GAF if anyone is free during the week. I really want to see that stuff.

Hugstable

Banned
I think I'm going to brush up on raid mechanics and enlist the help of GAF if anyone is free during the week. I really want to see that stuff.

Yeah it's worth it and alot of fun. Ruthless_Barb and Balphon are really great new raid player guides too, really good at explaining the mechanics

26 packages and no chest piece. Whyyyyyyy??!!

26....thats It? I think I'm almost at 40, and I keep getting the shitty scout over and over and armor that's not even IB armor.

This game has worse PvP than part1, the easiest and most boring raid, and all this IB token grinding and i still get armor that isn't even the IB armor...fuck this game.

Nameless Midnight, Call to Serve (Kinetic)
Manannan SR4, Conspirator, Black Scropion-4sr (Energy)
Awesome. Thank you. I just got a Call to Serve at 300 ( soon to be 305) and was deciding if I wanted to put it into something else. I'll hold onto it. Actually...I have a Nameless Midnight also. So I can keep the Call to Serve, or put it into the Nameless Midnight. Decisions, decisions...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Awesome. Thank you. I just got a Call to Serve at 300 ( soon to be 305) and was deciding if I wanted to put it into something else. I'll hold onto it. Actually...I have a Nameless Midnight also. So I can keep the Call to Serve, or put it into the Nameless Midnight. Decisions, decisions...

Serve into Nameless

Nameless is like baby Hung Jury, sounds great too!
Dragonfly effect just too much fun

Fjordson

Wait what was the reward for getting 10 IB packages? Seems like it was nothing. And I got my third leg armor.

Yeah I’m done. Fuck off Bungie.

Cornbread78

Grats everyone. Was fun.
I'm still impressed that we managed that last phase of gauntlet on the first try.
That was such a fun run! Thanks again everyone! That last attempt was so intense in the last moments. We were doing terrible at the beginning attempts at Calus but at one point we just ended up progressing rapidly. Really enjoyed the hell out of this raid
Thanks dudes! Great fun, we did better than I could have imagined.
Calus looks like something out of Five Nights at Freddy's with that shot.
Thanks to everyone, that was fun. Thanks for being patient with us newbies too 😁

Awesome stuff. Congrats all!

---------------------------------------------

Thanks again for running, not just 1, but 2 Newb raids this weekend Ruthless. I know you were just trying to keep up with Pandora!

Also, Thanks to all the Sherpa that stepped up and ran newbie raids over the past few days I think combined we got about 20 raid newbies to at least Calus over the weekend, which is outstanding!!

Sherpa Crew:
Ruthless
NeoNight
JJShadow
Talos_Ai
TommyChronin
Magic MrMikeh
Pandora012
Wiesga01
Hawkian of course with his weekly crew

I know I'm missing 1 or 2 sherpas that jumped in to help out, so post up and take a bow if I missed ya!

Also, thanks to my NeoGAF Gold crew to get my my first Calus kill this weekend, including Tommy the Irishman that stayed up with tea power until 5am to help with the kill)

(TommyCronin,Kayos,Wiesga,Palaniri, r1024x768)

And finally, thanks for being awesome and making this a great community to be a part of DGAF!

zeelman

Connections in PVP are atrocious now. I went from almost a 2 k/d to a 1.2. I’m lucky if I get 10 kills a match now. What the heck did Bungie do with the matchmaking? The game felt great a couple weeks ago.

void666

Banned
The emblem shows the total number of packages account wide, right?

41 packages, 3 complete armor sets and all the weapons. Not bad.

I ended up really enjoying this IB. Some maps and mechanics need some tweaks. But overall i'm enjoying pvp.

Hugstable

Banned
Well this is strange, took a video of the Calus fight earlier so I could show my brother, but for some reason I keep getting an error whenever I try to post it to youtube. PSN error code WS-37527-4 "The Feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later". Yet weirdly enough I went to try and upload videos from Yakuza 0 and Nier, and it did it succesfully, so it only seems to be Destiny 2. Wonder why it won't share :( :(

Also, thanks to my NeoGAF Gold crew to get my my first Calus kill this weekend, including Tommy the Irishman that stayed up with tea power until 5am to help with the kill)

(TommyCronin,Kayos,Wiesga,Palaniri, r1024x768)

And finally, thanks for being awesome and making this a great community to be a part of DGAF!

Getting that Calus kill is just so satisfying! Especially after how long we spent on that battle. We had a few close calls! I really gotta get discord and join the DGAF server lol

I got 5 timeworn spires in the last day or so playing 3 hours. Can't get the helm or auto for the life of me. Tomorrow will be my last try at this shite but only the challenges and then i'm done no matter what. This is just pure torture.

That works until somebody in your random team have the great idea of taking C instead of holding A and B and all goes to hell.

I started a match this morning by spawning on the C side so I decided to take the far outside lane towards B and A when to my astonishment I ran into the entire opposing team which had for some reason bypassed B (was still neutral) and I guess were going for C. To no one's surprise we held B and A for the entire match and won 100-30.

The emblem shows the total number of packages account wide, right?

41 packages, 3 complete armor sets and all the weapons. Not bad.

I ended up really enjoying this IB. Some maps and mechanics need some tweaks. But overall i'm enjoying pvp.

Seriously, go play the lottery or go to the track as fast as possible. Bet on the Yankees over the Astros, maybe.

That just goes to show the nature of RNG and the slot machine aspect now in Destiny overall. I do have all the weapons which I would hope to after close to 40 IB reputation gain engrams but I haven't been able to get a full set of armor for one class much less all three (to be clear though I've only been opening engrams as my Hunter).

Edit: I noticed you don't specifically mention armor sets for all three classes but am I correct in assuming that's what you meant?

void666

Banned
I started a match this morning by spawning on the C side so I decided to take the far outside lane towards B and A when to my astonishment I ran into the entire opposing team which had for some reason bypassed B (was still neutral) and I guess were going for C. To no one's surprise we held B and A for the entire match and won 100-30.

Seriously, go play the lottery or go to the track as fast as possible. Bet on the Yankees over the Astros, maybe.

That just goes to show the nature of RNG and the slot machine aspect now in Destiny overall. I do have all the weapons which I would hope to after close to 40 IB reputation gain engrams but I haven't been able to get a full set of armor for one class much less all three (to be clear though I've only been opening engrams as my Hunter).

Edit: I noticed you don't specifically mention armor sets for all three classes but am I correct in assuming that's what you meant?

Yes, three classes. I did one set at a time.

I think my luck with RNG has been proportional to my time spent playing destiny 2. Whereas in destiny 1 i never had any luck.

Top Bottom