• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Mindlog

Random rolls and fixed rolls can both live peacefully together in the realm of Destiny.

Have all the vendors have "base" (fixed perks) weapons (as we do now). All players can purchase these with Destination tokens or Legendary Shards.

Have all vendors have those same weapons but with rotating weekly perks (just as we had in Year 3 of Destiny). All players can purchase these with Legendary Shards.

Have random rolls out in the wild in all activities by means of Legendary engrams.

There, everyone wins, no one is left behind. Duplicates or non-wanted gear/weapons becomes useful as Legendary Shards (finally gives this currency meaning).
That's not co-existing that's just random weapon rolls. There is no value add to me with random rolls. I shard almost everything that comes my way so I don't miss the days of having to inspect everything first. Thinking back I now realize that all of my most satisfying 'chases' in Destiny 1 had fixed weapon rolls. Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Black Hammer/Spindle, Icebreaker were all fixed. I chased a godroll Hopscotch that was nerfed with quickness and that chase sucked.

I could go with a crafting system.

People want random rolls but guaranteed loot in IB? Isn't that a contradiction?

What do you mean by "guaranteed loot?" You are guaranteed loot every time you get an IB engram.

Do I like the old IB loot distribution better? Yes, even though it would have taken multiple events to get a full set.

The only reason I'm hoping to get IB leg armor to drop is for cosmetic purposes and to complete the Hunter set as IB gear has always been my favorite. I'm approaching 40 IB reputation gain engrams with no leg armor yet.

Edit: And by random rolls I think you might be confused as I simply mean random perks on weapons (gear is really out of the question in Destiny 2 as it doesn't really have perks) for variety sake, nothing to do with a grind either.

That's not co-existing that's just random weapon rolls. There is no value add to me with random rolls. I shard almost everything that comes my way so I don't miss the days of having to inspect everything first. Thinking back I now realize that all of my most satisfying 'chases' in Destiny 1 had fixed weapon rolls. Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Black Hammer/Spindle, Icebreaker were all fixed. I chased a godroll Hopscotch that was nerfed with quickness and that chase sucked.

I could go with a crafting system.

No that's co-existing.

I'd rather find a weapon here or there that I really enjoyed using rather than getting it for the 20th time and knowing immediately it is just 3 useless shards.

Edit: There is a simple question to be asked here, why are you sharding almost everything that comes your way and do you find that fun? I'm suspecting because most of the gear/weapons are either duplicates or useless otherwise you're just not interested in it for whatever reason (looks, etc).

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my Daily IB Loot complaint post;

Turned in 100 Tokens on my Hunter today and got the Scout Rifle x3 and the Boots x2 (with the Boots being the one Hunter piece I already had).

GazzaGSi

We're done for tonight

We let the hunter run through while the rest stays behind to kill some more adds.

We end up at the boss with 8 min
That's where we stumble.

When we did our 5:27 run we had 8.02 at triggering the boss killing the few Harpy's at the start. Hunter and 2 titans, first 2 phases of the boss didn't even spawn any ads as we'd burst him down so quick to move on to the next area, a titan used the shield that instantly reloads when you're crouched behind it so there was no hanging around waiting for rockets to reload. Towards the end we were down to around 4:40 with the boss almost down so a titan went around clearing ads with titan smash boosting our timer back up as the other 2 took down the boss.

Mindlog

Edit: There is a simple question to be asked here, why are you sharding almost everything that comes your way and do you find that fun? I'm suspecting because most of the gear/weapons are either duplicates or useless otherwise you're just not interested in it for whatever reason (looks, etc).
Yes, most drops are garbage. Adding rolls to them simply means I have to sort the garbage which is even less fun.
Just did nf 3 times with 4min 30sec left each time. Any tips and tricks to break the 5 min barrier?
The part where you are waiting for the launchers to align can really pad your time. With roaming supers or chaining rocket launchers you can crush entire spawns easily.

I use a sparrow to get past the drill. Pretty quick on normal NF. Slightly more dangerous on Prestige.

I want to hear one person say they enjoy the grind for a complete IB gear set. Hardcore/casual...anyone?

You could conceivably play non stop and never in your life complete a single gear set. Obviously not likely but the point is the system is absolutely terrible whether you play casually or hardcore.

Datto just did a video and while I dont agree with all the crap he says he hits the nail on the head with people wanting a sense of progression or a set goal to work towards. If that's not in place then players time is being wasted. Thats obviously going to create negativity as we see.

It's an obvious issue that shouldnt have happened but luckily it also has a million solutions. Hopefully Bungie picks one.

Yes, most drops are garbage. Adding rolls to them simply means I have to sort the garbage which is even less fun.

But you get something useful once in a while which is much better than knowing you'll be sharding everything immediately.

It's a pointless discussion at this point as the perk pool probably isn't even interesting enough to have random rolls currently unless they added a bunch which they won't considering how conservative the route they have taken towards balance, balance, balance...

Pop

Random perks would work beautifully, if Bungie would separate PvE and PvP balance. And we know they aren't ever going to do that.

Mindlog

Anyone need a quick Nightfall? Will be quick.
FULL
Random perks would work beautifully, if Bungie would separate PvE and PvP balance. And we know they aren't ever going to do that.
That reminds me.
I was thinking about Dupes and how Luke said how do you make say the 10th Better Devils be the same as say the first, with fixed rolls

Paragon has this mechanic where Dupes of cards can be leveled up for different borders but also slight bumps in % only PvE oriented
Knew exactly where you were going with that when you said Paragon.
Yup.

My goal is to get to 50 IB reputation gains whether I get the final piece I'm looking for or not as I've been enjoying it the more I play especially switching up loadouts on different characters, learning the maps better, etc.

Betters Devils and Martyr's Make was my go-to on my Hunter this morning and proved to be quite a combo.

Iron Banner matchmaking working as intended

DMLn-09VAAIaT2K.jpg:large

AChcN5r.gif

People want random rolls but guaranteed loot in IB? Isn’t that a contradiction?

Pretty much my exact thoughts. Same kinda deal with those who missed the grind - just play IB, there's your grind.

Cmon man, you know that's not the same thing. People want to complete a set of gear in IB because it looks cool. People want random rolls on guns to give them a spice of life. How many guns in the loot pool are average or below average, and could be brought up to prominence if they had different perks?

I personally won't even play IB as much as I normally would because I know I'm not guaranteed that baller Hunter Helm if I put in enough effort. So why even try?

exYle

Cmon man, you know that's not the same thing. People want to complete a set of gear in IB because it looks cool. People want random rolls on guns to give them a spice of life. How many guns in the loot pool are average or below average, and could be brought up to prominence if they had different perks?

I personally won't even play IB as much as I normally would because I know I'm not guaranteed that baller Hunter Helm if I put in enough effort. So why even try?

If I know Destiny metas, and I'm pretty familiar with Destiny metas, the amount of guns people use would pretty much be the same amount they do now

Whelp I'm at 31 IB turn and still no SMG, which is a tad frustrating. I guess I shouldn't complain too much though I'm only missing one piece of armor on both my Hunter and Warlock to complete their IB sets. I feel like maybe if tokens were earned at liked 2/3rds the rate, but you could control the outcome more things would be better. I understand Bungine wanting to keep Iron Banner something people participate in through the whole season, but this system as it is now can be really frustrating. Or maybe they could have arranged things to be a bit more like the Faction Rally where different IB weeks have different weapons in the rotation that would ensure people come back to try and get those.

Need 1 player to help us do the Gauntlet in the raid if anyone's interested?

We're all first timers and almost beat it last night but are a man down today.

PSN is chalkitdown

Number45

Not sure if I’m more annoyed with the matchmaking, how fucking shitty solo players can be (in terms of quitting) or how fucking bad I’m playing this evening.

JTran2003

Not sure if I’m more annoyed with the matchmaking, how fucking shitty solo players can be (in terms of quitting) or how fucking bad I’m playing this evening.

I ask myself that Everytime I play. Then I look at the scorecard and see I take over the most zones which is really annoying...

I was on tilt all morning it was really bad I went .2 one match. It doesn't help that more people have caught that the fact the scout/Uriel meta can be countered by an SMG or sidearm. I can't turn a corner and just light people up anymore more often then not they've got a side arm ready for me.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Gunsmith 132 with no Mananan or Antiope.
I can only imagine how much more fun chasing those two would be with random rolls.
🤔
Spent 720 parts and got Antiope on the LAST package.
I'm on 207 combined Gunsmith Rank and can't recall ever having seen one apart from maybe one or two before I even crossed 265 on my first character. But at least once I eventually get it I know it'll be the version I want (because it is the only version) and won't have to invest another 100+ hours to get a second *potentially* better drop.

Sh0k

I’m looking for the one win trophy in trials, I’m decent in Crucible/Iron Banner but I can’t get that win. Is anybody willing to form a team and help me for just one win ?

Top Bottom