• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Cornbread78

Just want to say thanks to everyone for guiding me through my first raid last night. All of you were great to play with! I was starting to think we weren’t going to finish off Calus before we all had to get off for the night, but we pulled through!

Congrats on the finish bruh!

exYle

If you are a hunter getting the mida + the helmet that marks enemies makes you near unstoppable in the crucible especially if you have high mobility and resilience.

High mobility and resilience doesn't make anything unstoppable

You just told him to spec into the most useless and second most useless stats

Nothus

Bwahaha!

giphy.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
"I can't believe they didn't make you tower commander yet, you can tell Zavala I told you to say that."

Seems like Saladin really has some grudge with him.

Zereta

Iirc Saladin and Zavala had a falling out, but they're still cool with Shaxx

Saladin HATES Shax. When you lose a match in IB, he sometimes goes "Well, I guess Shax should stay on in the Crucible so that I dont have to hear his voice as much."

Saladin HATES everyone.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody got some pro tips for Iron Banner / Control in general?

Here's some general tips;

1; Flag capture speed does not increase with more people on the flag. Only one of your team needs to be on the flag; others should either push towards the enemy (if none are near that flag) or position themselves in cover around the flag while watching anticipated enemy entry points (if enemies attempt to defend the flag). Having multiple people on the flag opens your team up to getting wiped or otherwise allows the enemy to advance unopposed while your entire team is in one place. So, don’t be at a flag if you don’t need to be; instead pressure the enemy or position yourself to better defend.

2; The mode is called ‘Control’, not ’Capture’; When your team is holding two flags, there is generally no reason to push for the third flag / enemy spawn. Stay near your flags and defend them. When you have control of two flags, you control where the enemy spawns and thus you control the game. Pushing for the enemy flag or pushing into their spawn will flip the spawn and make them spawn either unpredictably or on top of the flags you were holding.

Map Specific Tactics; Emperor’s Respite:
Emperor’s Respite heavily favors A-side; it has the easiest and quickest access to B, and from B it has lines of sight into C-side’s primary flanking routes. If you start out on C-side and do not IMMEDIATELY push far into A to flip the spawns, you WILL lose 90% of the time against a competent team. Starting out on C-side, you should immediately push through the far-left or far-right flank and far into A. Do not stop to challenge enemies at B; once you have flipped the spawns, B will be trivial to (re-)capture and defend. Once you control A and B, you should move up to B and from there watch C-side’s flanking routes. At this point you are in control of the game. Do not ever push beyond the B-line from this point on as it only opens opportunities for your enemy to regain control.

Map Specific Tactics; Shores of Time:
Shores of Time favors C-side; the space between B and C is hard to access for A-side and easy to guard. If you spawn on A-side your priority should be to push through C (don’t mind capturing it for now) and into the area behind the big pillar between B and C. This will make your enemies spawn at A-side and your team spawn between B and C at the spot you just secured. From here you capture C (and B) and you patrol the area between B and C. You should not ever need to go beyond either B or C; let the enemy come to you.

Other maps to look out for; Dead Cliffs favors C-side, and Altar of Flames feels like it favors A-side.

Knowing what side your map favors is extremely important. Even if your team is doing things they shouldn't, you can turn those games around by getting that key flag and staying to guard that flag even when your team moves on to other flags. I just had a game against a full Fireteam on Dead Cliffs where I stayed behind to Guard C for the entire game, only pushing for B when it was under threat and I knew C would be safe. Even though my team kept pushing fairly close to A, our spawns and point lead were secure due to me staying behind and guarding C.

Wootball

Finished the prestige Nightfall this morning, surprisingly easy. And even better, the 300 chest I've been needing for two weeks finally dropped to make me 305 overall. My Titan is now finished!

Kyne

Just played the new shores of time map and its even more broken than D1. If you spawn at A you have no chance

if you spawn at A run to C, kill the straggler that thought he'd be able to fight you off and then run to B with the rest of your team vs. whatever they have left.

Mindlog

Gunsmith 132 with no Mananan or Antiope.
I can only imagine how much more fun chasing those two would be with random rolls.
🤔

Nothus

I can only imagine how much more fun chasing those two would be with random rolls.
🤔

I'm using the rare version of the Antiope now and it's great.
I have a sinking feeling that I've actually had the Antiope drop for me already a while back but sharded it because I didn't know it was worth keeping :/

🤔

Random rolls and fixed rolls can both live peacefully together in the realm of Destiny.

Have all the vendors have "base" (fixed perks) weapons (as we do now). All players can purchase these with Destination tokens or Legendary Shards.

Have all vendors have those same weapons but with rotating weekly perks (just as we had in Year 3 of Destiny). All players can purchase these with Legendary Shards.

Have random rolls out in the wild in all activities by means of Legendary engrams.

There, everyone wins, no one is left behind. Duplicates or non-wanted gear/weapons becomes useful as Legendary Shards (finally gives this currency meaning).

Top Bottom