• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Hoping for solid 60fps over 1440p/high/ultra on my 980 Ti + 6700K rig.

same except got a 1070 which is similar to a 980 ti.

hope i can get 1440p 60fps with high-ish settings. might even drop to 1080p 60fps if the AA is good enough and i can bump up the settings a little. not long now until we find out.

I see the Blizzard launcher doesn't support an in-game FPS counter (or I missed it). I also saw based on the link posted above that 3rd party apps can cause input lag with the beta, I hope I can run FRAPS at least.

Oh so only pre-orders via the Blizzard shop get early access to the Beta. So I get the installer and download on the 29th. I wonder when on the 29th?

Tovarisc

I see the Blizzard launcher doesn't support an in-game FPS counter (or I missed it). I also saw based on the link posted above that 3rd party apps can cause input lag with the beta, I hope I can run FRAPS at least.

You can't.

All 3rd party programs that do any kind injection (that includes RTSS and FRAPS) are hard blocked by Bungie.

Destiny 2 has build in FPS counter, according Bungie.

Kildrek

Pre-ordered from amazon two hours ago and still no beta code. :(

I cancelled my preorder and went to gamestop because amazon was playing this "the terms and conditions state we will send it to you within 2 days, so you must wait" game with me.

jeffyjaixx

Oh so only pre-orders via the Blizzard shop get early access to the Beta. So I get the installer and download on the 29th. I wonder when on the 29th?

I pre-ordered through amazon, received e-mail for code. Input that code into bungie.net to redeem, got the code for blizzard and already preloaded.

Skyr

You can't.

All 3rd party programs that do any kind injection (that includes RTSS and FRAPS) are hard blocked by Bungie.

duh... if so is there a fps limiter in the game also?
I always limit my fps with msi afterburner to make sure fps stay under maximum refresh rate. 144hz in my case

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
You can't.

seriously? that's disappointing. i was hoping to monitor usage/temps. i could always just leave it running in the background and check it when i'm done, right?

Tovarisc

duh... if so is there a fps limiter in the game also?
I always limit my fps with msi afterburner to make sure fps stay under maximum refresh rate. 144hz in my case

Yes, in config file.

I'm not kidding.

⋙Will Destiny 2 on PC include a framerate target option?
Yes, Destiny 2 on PC will include the ability to specify a framerate upper-limit (via a config file).
https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101

Article has all kinds of info about how 3rd party software works or doesn't with Destiny 2 PC.

seriously? that's disappointing. i was hoping to monitor usage/temps. i could always just leave it running in the background and check it when i'm done, right?

Ye, that is doable. It just won't hook overlay to the game.

gossi

For info - somebody at Bungie says they're putting the beta live for people with codes in one hour from this post.

Edit: I'm checking with them now in case they've misunderstood the date.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
For info - somebody at Bungie says they're putting the beta live for people with codes in one hour from this post.

it says on the 1st page that it goes live in an hour...

Beta Dates and times
Preload for pre-orders: 25th 10AM PDT / 1 PM EDT / 7PM CEST
Starts for pre-orders: 28th 10AM PDT / 1 PM EDT / 7PM CEST
Starts for non pre-orders: 29th 10AM PDT / 1 PM EDT / 7PM CEST
End for all: 31st, 10AM PDT / 1 PM EDT / 7PM CEST

feel

q1p8sho.jpg

:D :D :D

q21hszq.jpg

D: D: D:

Edit: I'm checking with them now in case they've misunderstood the date.
Uh.. this has been announced for awhile and is in the op lol

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Can someone with a 1070 pm me on how performance is at 1440p? Stuck at work and really want to know.

i'll be hoping to play it at 1440p with my 1070 :) i'll PM you if i remember but i'll definitely be posting back in here with results.

Woops, I misread the post. Cheers. For like a week I've thought it was tomorrow.

no problem :) goes live tomorrow for those who didn't pre order. maybe that's what got you mixed up.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Will there be a PC performance thread for the beta?

Hip Hop

I'm seriously expecting max settings with a i5 3570k and a GTX 970.

With the required specs they gave.

Would like 60fps but we'll see.

Ill update you guys to see what I get if anyone is interested

Redmoon

You can't.

I'd be surprised by this. Have yet to find a game/AC block rtss yet after like 10 years. Guess i'll find out tomorrow.

Really curious to see impressions.

Won't be able to check it out til tonight, but 6700K/`1080FE so I'm hoping for at least rock solid 60 on ultra 1440p. Very interested to see what 4K performance is like.

Can't wait to read impressions from you all in an hour.

Theorry

Bungie Help‏
@BungieHelp
Early Access to the Destiny 2 PC Beta begins at 10 AM Pacific. Players may encounter a queue when first attempting to sign in.

Top Bottom