• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

SirNinja

Anyone have any luck getting 4K as a selectable resolution in fullscreen mode? It appears in both the windowed modes but neither of the fullscreen ones. Tried scanning/repairing, no luck.

feel

Tried to play the Strike to see what the initial area looked like (am waiting to play it in its entirety for the first time with friends tonight) and it put me in a session where the other two players had already made a lot of progress wtf. That seems like a terrible experience for someone who will be mostly relying on matchmaking to play the coop missions.

TheYanger

Tried to play the Strike to see what the initial area looked like (am waiting to play it in its entirety for the first time with friends tonight) and it put me in a session where the other two players had already made a lot of progress wtf. That seems like a terrible experience for someone who will be mostly relying on matchmaking to play the coop missions.

I mean, welcome to matchmaking? Obviously that's not a common thing, but at the same time it woudl be 100 times worse if you were late in a mission and someone dropping meant they couldn't be replaced (which is why this can happen the other way on your end). Honestly, it's only a positive thing once you've done it once too, it's a bonus to matchmake into a nearly complete activity in most games.

feel

I mean, welcome to matchmaking? Obviously that's not a common thing, but at the same time it woudl be 100 times worse if you were late in a mission and someone dropping meant they couldn't be replaced (which is why this can happen the other way on your end). Honestly, it's only a positive thing once you've done it once too, it's a bonus to matchmake into a nearly complete activity in most games.
But I miss out on story and areas? Or am I trying to play Destiny wrong.

CSJ

I cannot find ANYONE to play with that I know, maybe they're all waiting for tomorrow's open beta but two gaming communities, online friends and RL Friends there was nobody to play with :( :(
I got my brother to play with me but he refunded right after we completed the strike.

Tainted

This truly is the definitive version. I had doubts about the performance, but they were promptly dispelled within the first minute of gameplay....it was rock solid 60fps throughout and the kbd/mouse controls feel great

I just wish this was releasing alongside the console versions next week

BraXzy

Port or not, this runs fantastic and looks way better than I was expecting.
destiny2beta08.28.201cvrha.png

destiny2beta08.28.201puqiv.png

destiny2beta08.28.201gire2.png

destiny2beta08.28.201o2qwx.png

destiny2beta08.28.201l0o8t.png

Wag

It actually looks great in HDR on my 2yr old Samsung UN48JU6700, which doesn't support full HDR anyways.

I'm impressed. All the other games in HDR have looked crappy so far.

Deepo

Anyone have any luck getting 4K as a selectable resolution in fullscreen mode? It appears in both the windowed modes but neither of the fullscreen ones. Tried scanning/repairing, no luck.

Just got HDR working. Windows resolution has to match game resolution. Damn shame that 4K isn't supported with fullscreen.

Why doesn't it go past 2560x1600 in Fullscreen, anyway?!?

See here:

Find the exe in the game directory, right click and select properties, go to compatibility options, and uncheck the checkbox relating to High DPI scaling. Fixed it for me.

Never played Destiny before but after playing this for like two hours, I am absolutely dominating. Playing as the hunter (?) class

Just got either a triple kill or quadra kill in quickplay and went on to go on like a 10+ kill streak. Feels sooooooo good man

molnizzle

Plug your PC in your TV. Boom, done :p

That's how I currently play all PC games and have been for years. My "PC" lives next to the consoles. lol

Yeah... I'm not taking a controller into competitive multiplayer on PC. That's a recipe for misery.

The point I was making was that Destiny at 60fps is so good that I'm gonna have to play it on PC. Which means moving back to M+KB because I don't hate myself.

Few questions from a Destiny noob:

Does competetive give better gear than quickplay?

What should I do when I get duplicates of armor or guns? I salvaged a duplicate gun and seemed to have gotten nothing from it.

Alright, had to give up on Amazon. That chat was getting me nowhere. I would advise everyone to go a different rout.

I ended up going through Blizz and I know that if I want to cancel I can just open up a ticket.

Downloading now. Didn't even need to wait for a code.

Does competetive give better gear than quickplay?

What should I do when I get duplicates of armor or guns? I salvaged a duplicate gun and seemed to have gotten nothing from it.

No and delete duplicate items so you have room to get the different ones in the beta. The beta doesn't give any idea of how loot will work in the full game.

I should not have played this beta.

I'm still getting the game on PS4, but the wait for the PC version is going to be agonizing.

1440p and locked 60fps is like a whole new game here.

Alright, had to give up on Amazon. That chat was getting me nowhere. I would advise everyone to go a different rout.

I ended up going through Blizz and I know that if I want to cancel I can just open up a ticket.

Downloading now. Didn't even need to wait for a code.

I ordered on Amazon, contacted chat and got my code all in the span of like five minutes. YMMV, I guess.

That's how I currently play all PC games and have been for years. My "PC" lives next to the consoles. lol

Yeah... I'm not taking a controller into competitive multiplayer on PC. That's a recipe for misery.

The point I was making was that Destiny at 60fps is so good that I'm gonna have to play it on PC. Which means moving back to M+KB because I don't hate myself.

This is why I am crossing my fingers that C+M works or that it will be implemented by release.

I just can't do wasd controls but I absolutely love the mouse.

I ordered on Amazon, contacted chat and got my code all in the span of like five minutes. YMMV, I guess.

I both contacted chat and called them and they said there was absolutely nothing they could do and wouldn't believe me when I told them others where getting theirs instantly or by contacting them. I don't have time to argue lol.

I recently got a Razer Turret and find it to be a pretty good lap keyboard/mouse. Don't be tricked like me by their advertising images, though. The thing does not light up at all.

turretog.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D04YU94/?tag=neogaf0e-20

molnizzle

This is why I am crossing my fingers that C+M works or that it will be implemented by release.

I just can't do wasd controls but I absolutely love the mouse.

Opposite for me. Using a gaming mouse for longer than a few minutes aggravates an old wrist injury.

I usually use a "vertical" mouse for desktop work, but as far as I know there aren't any of those that have gaming quality sensors. Really surprises me, honestly. As gamers continue to age I think this is going to become a much bigger issue. Vertical mice are the only way to not cause wrist strain.

Opposite for me. Using a gaming mouse for longer than a few minutes aggravates an old wrist injury.

I usually use a "vertical" mouse for desktop work, but as far as I know there aren't any of those that have gaming quality sensors. Really surprises me, honestly. As gamers continue to age I think this is going to become a much bigger issue. Vertical mice are the only way to not cause wrist strain.

Ah, well in this case I would just use a controller. This game is mostly single/co-op anyways and the gamepad feel and mapping is great.

Swarna

Arm-based aiming with low sensitivity and a light mouse (<90g) goes a long way. A sitting posture where your arm is perpendicular with the table and mouse hand is straight or tilted downward also helps.

It takes time to learn to aim with your arm as opposed to your wrist but it's worth it for long-term physical health.

molnizzle

Arm-based aiming with low sensitivity and a light mouse (<90g) goes a long way. A sitting posture where your arm is perpendicular with the table and mouse hand is straight or tilted downward also helps.

It takes time to learn to aim with your arm as opposed to your wrist but it's worth it for long-term physical health.

The issue is finding a vertical mouse that's good for gaming. The ones I use for normal desktop work don't have the greatest sensors.

Man, pre-ordered on Amazon weeks ago and still haven't received my code. Contacted them and now they "may" have a code to me tonight but no guarantee. I'm sure they are sitting on a pile of codes, but I got bounced between 3 departments while they tried to figure out what to do.

So Lame.

Top Bottom