• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

HowZatOZ

Banned
giphy.gif

This is just so damn good.

void666

Banned
Tried mouse/keyboard. It's so much easier to aim. Specially with SMGs.

Yeah, i know. Mouse/keyboard duh. But i haven't played pc games with m/k in a long time.
Everything flows so much better on pc. Please ps4 pro, forgive me.

Tried mouse/keyboard. It's so much easier to aim. Specially with SMGs.

Yeah, i know. Mouse/keyboard duh. But i haven't played pc games with m/k in a long time.
Everything flows so much better on pc. Please ps4 pro, forgive me.
Heh I got a ps 4 provas well and I'm going with pc. Can't compete with 60 fps. M/k after playing on controller for a long time can be hard to adjust but once you are accostumed it's much better and fun

To recap we now have 2 PC only clans.

The US one is run by me and the EU is run by Daxy.
Thank you Daxy.

Before the game releases in a few months, we want to make sure each clan is filled with people who are going to play in the respective regions.

To help filter the current US PC clan between US and EU I've demoted everyone to Beginner status.

PM me here on Gaf or on Bungie.net with your bungie name to let me know that you are going to play in the "Americas" region OR comment in the US Clan chat
(easiest for me)
and I'll promote you back to a regular member.

I'm not going to kick anyone out during the beta but when we're about a month out from release I will.

That way both clans can be fulled properly and we can find out if we need to make other clans when the first ones fill up.

~~~

Also if anyone can think of a better motto than "Video Games" I'm all ears.

TheRed

Might be a dumb question but how do you check scoreboard when in crucible? I keep instinctively pressing tab which isn't what I want. Can you not do that in Destiny?

Damn it was kinda shocking how much worse Crucible looks compared to the PvE stuff, hand cannons seem strong as hell. Also why do all these games have to do the show every enemy through radar when you get near? Hated that in Titanfall 2 and now it's here also. One reason I love PUBG so much and R6:Siege so much is because they dont just hand out free information like that. Doesn't ruin the game but it annoys me when I'm doing a good flank but they perfectly turn with fast sensitivity because the mini radar told them I was coming. Then you spend at least half the match staring at the radar. I'd just prefer it without that but I can understand why they might want it to guide people towards fights easier than wandering around bored.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I was all hyped to create my character when I got home and it looks like that's not an option in this beta. Oh well. Game looks gorgeous on PC, holy hell.

Dartastic

Oh no. Why did I play this. Now I don't want to play on my PS4 anymore. Shit shit shit shit. That's almost certainly where all my friends will be also.

packy34

I, uh...

I'm not really impressed with the beta.

It looks and runs a lot better than I was expecting it to, but shit... there's almost zero content here. Even the D1 alpha and beta gave you a hub world and allowed you to explore Earth + do patrol missions. Why in the world was this a 16GB download?

The strike was just okay, nothing really different or improved from D1. The PVP was also just okay from the few rounds I played.

A couple suggestions to improve the beta (demo?) experience:

*Don't start everyone out at max level. This makes looting entirely meaningless, aside from tiny cosmetic changes. If looting is supposed to be one of the core pillars of the game, why isn't there a focus on showing that off during beta?

*Allow players to replay the opening mission. Seriously, why is making a new character the only way to replay this mission? It should be an option on the Director menu to replay it any time. With how light on content this beta is, you'd think they'd want to emphasize the ability to replay/grind missions for loot... but they just don't do that here.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I quit for the night. Ran great on my 3570/ 480 8gb. I got a little sick. Going to turn motion blur off and play tomorrow. I've never had that problem. Anyo e else?

DesmondGreer

Neo Member
I know this isn't a begging thread but I got screwed by amazon, they wouldn't give me my code even after pre-ordering, they kept telling me i have to wait 3 days.....-_- anyhow I just wanted to test out the PC beta if anyone has a spare code let me know please and thank you.

lynux3

Game is amazingly well optimized. Runs great and at a solid 60fps on high on my 670s (SLI). DualShock also works and has correct icons, but default sensitivity is way too low (3). Now all I need is PUBG to be as well refined as this game in terms of optimization and gunplay.

I quit for the night. Ran great on my 3570/ 480 8gb. I got a little sick. Going to turn motion blur off and play tomorrow. I've never had that problem. Anyo e else?

I definitely noticed it was fairly aggressive, but I liked the effect. I don't recall, but could you set how extreme it is, or just a toggle?

Tainted

Motion Blur is one of the first settings I turn off in every game I play if it has it. I've no idea why developers still think this looks nice.

I definitely noticed it was fairly aggressive, but I liked the effect. I don't recall, but could you set how extreme it is, or just a toggle?

It's a toggle

This is really weird, but when I'm attempting to launch the game, it'll pop up to the White Screen with the Bungie Logo, then my monitor will flash off and on and then send me back to my desktop while keeping the executable open. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

I'm on a i5-3570K + GTX 970 w/ 16gb RAM.

I, uh...

I'm not really impressed with the beta.

It looks and runs a lot better than I was expecting it to, but shit... there's almost zero content here. Even the D1 alpha and beta gave you a hub world and allowed you to explore Earth + do patrol missions. Why in the world was this a 16GB download?

The strike was just okay, nothing really different or improved from D1. The PVP was also just okay from the few rounds I played.

A couple suggestions to improve the beta (demo?) experience:

*Don't start everyone out at max level. This makes looting entirely meaningless, aside from tiny cosmetic changes. If looting is supposed to be one of the core pillars of the game, why isn't there a focus on showing that off during beta?

*Allow players to replay the opening mission. Seriously, why is making a new character the only way to replay this mission? It should be an option on the Director menu to replay it any time. With how light on content this beta is, you'd think they'd want to emphasize the ability to replay/grind missions for loot... but they just don't do that here.

It's a network test first, demo second

matmanx1

Absolutely gorgeous beta and chock full of eye-candy. On my i7 6600k with 980ti and 16GB of RAM playing on a 1080p G-Sync monitor with most everything maxed out I stayed between 144 and 120fps the majority of the time and above 100fps ALL of the time. Pretty insane that it looks this good and runs this well.

MastAndo

Ugh, why does this have to run so well? I was all set on the PS4 Pro version, gave this beta a shot, and it's locked at 60 fps @ 1080p on my i5-3570k/GTX 970/16GB RAM rig. Add an SSD drive, and an HDR TV to play it on, and this game is gorgeous with negligible load times. I'm not playing with anything but a PS4 controller no matter which platform I choose, so I know I'll get wrecked on PC but it might be worth it. Man, decisions, decisions...

Oh, and I tried to crank it to 1440p just to give it a look, and it still seems to be locked at 60, but the game either displays in a small box in the center of the screen (on a 4K Samsung 55KS800) on Full Screen, or HDR doesn't work on Windowed Fullscreen mode. What gives? My OS desktop is set to display at 4K.

EDIT: Didn't realize there were new drivers available. Going to give that a shot...

OK, quick question before I jump in. How do I play this game with gyro controls on the PS4 controller? They don't support overlays, so does that mean I can't launch the game through steam and their controller support?

Has anyone had the random thing happen to them where you quit the game and come back and your abilities are all changed? I quit and left for about 30 minutes to take a break, and came back and all of them changed on my Titan. Instead of the bigger shield, it was the smaller one, my grenade was changed and so was the jump. Weird. Only happened one time to me though today. Other than that, the beta is working flawlessly for me.

Edit - Seems to have happened on my Warlock and Hunter as well.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Had what must have been lag issues for two strikes in a row, where enemies just sit there and scripting is all wrong/regenerating enemy health.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
On really!? Bummer!

Yeah I know! Was planning on spending a long time working on my character so I wouldn't have to come release. lol

Oh no. Why did I play this. Now I don't want to play on my PS4 anymore. Shit shit shit shit. That's almost certainly where all my friends will be also.

You know you wanna play with Destiny PC GAF. :D

Hunters, hunters everywhere

Played a Hunter in the first game and loved them. Was iffy at the fact that we lost our blade at first, but this staff is soooooo wicked. Definitely going Arcstrider at launch.

After Warframe I am not having fun at all struggling with wasd instead of the fantastic implementation of C+M that Warframe has. Warframe also seems a WHOLE lot smoother to me than this does.

Maybe it's just because I am struggling with the controls...

Also, does anyone know what the most demanding settings are?

I can't for the life of me get my OSD to show and I think something is making the game stutter or lag. Does Blizzard have a built in OSD somewhere on a hotkey I don't know about like steam does?

I have everything cranked to the max on my 6600k + 1080. I am only running at 3440x1440. Is that too much for my setup to get a smooth 60fps? Every other game runs beautifully for me.

ZugZug123

So I'm really trying to use the beta to decide if I keep the pre-order and so far it's a decent game but nothing impressive. Are loot drops and leveling up disabled in the beta? The whole appeal of these games to me is the progression and not being able to gauge how grindy it is makes my decision harder. I might drop the pre-order.

BLCKATK

So I'm really trying to use the beta to decide if I keep the pre-order and so far it's a decent game but nothing impressive. Are loot drops and leveling up disabled in the beta? The whole appeal of these games to me is the progression and not being able to gauge how grindy it is makes my decision harder. I might drop the pre-order.

If you like the introduction to the game's mechanics you've seen here, there is a good chance you'll enjoy the progression systems as well. Destiny 1 left off with a very solid leveling and progression system. It's only seeming to be enhanced from here on.

Top Bottom