• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

TUSR

Banned
its working, this is a roller coaster of emotion

edit: jk failed to connect to server, but the update seemed to work. The loading screens are different.

And yeah playing the NA version of the game, the servers dont seem to be working but the update did.

putermcgee

I'm not sure they give out Destiny Orbs any old time the server has trouble. My guess is they're getting hammered with update downloads, not that the server is actually down.

If anyone actually gets in, please upload pics of the spirit index or whatever they're calling it.

Rixa

Your Miroku for my Chernobog?

If so, I put mine in my trade box (schroeder-gaf).

Sure. Its 09:05 morning here, Ill go and offer at somepoint today (being at work makes it littlebit harder). Dunno what time I can do it. Also depends when the game works.

TUSR

Banned
I just got a server is undergoing maintainence notification logging in. Looks like it's being fixed as we speak.

I was finally able to fully download the update, and run it. Got the same server maintenance message. Loading screen is a little slicker, at least. Looking forward to seeing the index.

Rixa

I just got a server is undergoing maintainence notification logging in. Looks like it's being fixed as we speak.

Hmm. I got that message earlier in the morning (almost 3h ago, it was 7.10 EET) when I tested from home if game works. So message is not new. Also I got info that I need to fill some online agreement according dos to be able to play game (sadly I cant remember exatly what the message was).

If someone got same message, please write it here :).

putermcgee

The error I get now is the same as the old server maintenance messages that used to come up. Before that, like right after updating the game, the error was about the server being busy and to try again later.

It's too bad it's not up and running, but I'm not surprised since it's not just a weekly update, so there are probably some things that need to be ironed out. At least up to this point, it had been a while since the servers last went down.

sakipon

Seems to work now. Finally. Would be nice if they offered something for this downtime.

Spirit Encyclopedia is under options. Seems I'm missing almost half of Greek ones...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm 151/558 for 27%.
Man. Now my OCD is kicking in for those limited summons.

Also proves the existence of King spirits for merging as there seem to be slots for them.

2 new UC for NA so I guess it was 2 for each region.
Looks like a fire eagle and a water elf.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Here's the eagle:
14403761974_48ed6f605e_o.jpg

So we have ~week before next Raid event starts? Can you access to Raid screen at all?

No raid up at all.

putermcgee

No raid stuff in the game right now. And actually, it's nice not having something there for once.

Here are some screen caps I took from the update:
kNJiupG.jpg

The Sell button is now highlighted for whatever reason. The big change here is that selling a C spirit and getting back to summoning is way faster.

M2OyZ4M.jpg

I like the categories, but it's too bad the Limited Summons aren't named. I also wish you could see everything in one list. Still, 40%! Woot!

Dq2rDRt.jpg

Spirits you haven't caught are hidden, and tapping a spirit brings up its full profile. Maybe in the future, they could let you filter the list by element, rarity, or skill. One thing I noticed was that some spirits I know I have are still shown as question marks. For example, it doesn't show my Snow White spirit in the SS Delta list.

0b8zpID.jpg

Here's the other new UC for America.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't take a screen cap, but in your friends list, you can now access someone's trade list directly without having to tap their profile, then the trade button.

Rixa

Hunt is changed. Now you cant see how many spirits you will get, you see it after you get those spirits. ~37 km travel got 3 spirits (as usual).

Rixa

Your Miroku for my Chernobog?

If so, I put mine in my trade box (schroeder-gaf).

Cant offer, someone is offering something to you. Ill put Miroku to my tradeslot.

Srorry for dbl post.

Info about next Raid event

DoS said:
■Bosses to appear
For this event, different Raid boss will appear each day.
The 【Final Boss】 will appear only when a certain condition has been met.
【Monday】 Peruda [Dark]
【Tuesday】 Wyvern [Fire]
【Wednesday】 Leviathan [Water]
【Thursday】 Ladon [Wood]
【Friday】 Azi Dahaka [Metal]
【Saturday】 Shin [Earth]
【Sunday】 Yinglong [Light]
【Final Boss】 Bahamut [? ]

DoS said:
What's Raid Boss Event "Dragons Summit"?
It is an event where you will fight total of 8 Raid bosses which will appear on specific day of the week. Depending on your number of conquests and conquest level, you can acquire in-game points and event-exclusive Raid boss spirits.

Awesome.

Rixa

Request sent. Thanks.

Accepted. Time for Chernobog purebreed project, dunno how many Chernos Iam missing tho. Got total of 13 Chernobogs, 12 in mailbox taking room and the one we are now trading. 9 to use for breeding process.

Also Guivre (Fire SR) <-> Black Tortoise (Wood SR) trade going. My Wood team is getting one very good spirit.

Accepted. Time for Chernobog purebreed project, dunno how many Chernos Iam missing tho. Got total of 13 Chernobogs, 12 in mailbox taking room and the one we are now trading. 9 to use for breeding process.

Also Guivre (Fire SR) <-> Black Tortoise (Wood SR) trade going. My Wood team is getting one very good spirit.

You will need around 20 chernos (for pure breeding only). Speed is growing at 4 per spirit. Maybe bit less if you drop them 5 at same time.

TUSR

Banned
I only got to play for 5 minutes this morning. But for 10 Destiny orbs it seems that you still can only expand your spirit hold limit by 5?

Can anyone reaffirm this for me? Thanks.

ithebigc

Neo Member
Anyone here willing to trade a God of Water for Tezcatlipoca? Useless as both SRs are, I think an acquaintance might actually be looking for God of Waters.

DoS said:
Although your spirits can challenge a Raid boss battle as long as the health is full, you need Raid Points to challenge.
This part about the new event worries me though. During previous raid events, it didn't matter what the health of our spirits was as long as we had raid points. If we can only challenge bosses with full health spirits, that would seriously be very annoying.

I only got to play for 5 minutes this morning. But for 10 Destiny orbs it seems that you still can only expand your spirit hold limit by 5?

Can anyone reaffirm this for me? Thanks.
It's always been this way, the only thing the update changed was that now we can buy an additional 10 slots (so 20 Destiny Orbs).

TUSR

Banned
Anyone here willing to trade a God of Water for Tezcatlipoca? Useless as both SRs are, I think an acquaintance might actually be looking for God of Waters.

This part about the new event worries me though. During previous raid events, it didn't matter what the health of our spirits was as long as we had raid points. If we can only challenge bosses with full health spirits, that would seriously be very annoying.

It's always been this way, the only thing the update changed was that now we can buy an additional 10 slots (so 20 Destiny Orbs).

I have another Yum Kaax up for you

ithebigc

Neo Member
I have another Yum Kaax up for you
Thanks! For Ah Puch again? I'll send it over right now.

Actually, I should update my trade list again too. With the possibility to add 10 extra slots, I went and put a lot more things in my Spirit Collection so I could actually see what's in my Mailbox (still 90 strong).

Looking For:
SR - Black Tortoise (Wood)
SR - God of Water* (Water)
SR - Gravity Panther* (Dark)
SR - Lady of the Depths* (Light)
SR - Phoenix (Fire)
SR - White Tiger (Metal)
R - Ixchel (Water)
R - Jurojin (Earth)
R - Nine-tailed Fox (Fire)
R - Yamatotakeru (Metal)
R - Yum Kaax (Wood)
UC - Bodhidharma (Earth)
UC - Jiangshi (Earth)
UC - Mazu (Water)
UC - Shisa (Metal)
UC - Yuki-onna (Water)

For Trade:
SR - First Mother (Wood) x2
SR - Tezcatlipoca (Earth)
R - Abzu (Water)
R - Ah Puch (Dark) x2
R - Bishamonten (Metal)
R - Chalchiuhtlicue (Water) x2
R - Greys (Light) x4
R - Gunslinger (Metal) x2
R - Huallallo Carhuincho x4
R - Ixmucane (Wood) x2
R - Kanaloa (Water)
R - Karura (Fire)
R - Kendappa (Earth)
R - Kwatee (Earth) x4
R - Nio Ungyo (Water)
R - Pachacamac (Earth)
R - Sedna (Water) x2
R - Spy Costume Kat* (Fire)
R - Spy Costume Raven* (Water) x4
R - Spy Costume Yunica* (Wood) x2
R - Tangata-Manu (Metal)
R - Tengu (Wood) x2
R - Tlaloc (Water) x3
R - Toutatis (Metal)
R - Wakan Tanka (Earth)
R - White Buffalo Maiden (Fire)

Notes:
- Right now, the Spy Costumes are only tradable for Gravity Panther or Lady of the Depths, in which case I'll trade multiples of them and/or Jokers for just one. Otherwise, I'll have to see how the Dragonslayers event goes, and then they might be tradable for normal Advanced Asian Rs/SRs.
- God of Water is just for someone I know, so it's not really high priority but I figured I might as well look for it since no one uses it anyways. I can trade either Tezcatlipoca or 2-3 R's for it, depending on which R's you want.
As usual, send me a PM or just post here! :)

TUSR

Banned
Thanks! For Ah Puch again? I'll send it over right now.

Actually, I should update my trade list again too. With the possibility to add 10 extra slots, I went and put a lot more things in my Spirit Collection so I could actually see what's in my Mailbox (still 90 strong).

As usual, send me a PM or just post here! :)

Sounds good, I might have more up in a couple of hours. Just at work right now.

Rixa

So what's everyones' current spirit collection stats?

I posted mine earlier 27%.
Time to grow it!

192/558
34,41%

But got bunch (8) of spirits in mailbox I never got before (Bunyip, Ghost Ship, Phoenix, Chernobog, Joker of Dark, Chalchiuhtlicue, Zhuge Liang, Huallalo Carhuincho).

TUSR

Banned
192/558
34,41%

But got bunch (8) of spirits in mailbox I never got before (Bunyip, Ghost Ship, Phoenix, Chernobog, Joker of Dark, Chalchiuhtlicue, Zhuge Liang, Huallalo Carhuincho).

8?! I had like 3 and one of them was from you :(

Should I just add as many friends as possible or what?

Rixa

8?! I had like 3 and one of them was from you :(

Should I just add as many friends as possible or what?

Well there is no use to get them away from mailbox. Waiting right time to pick them up, its either trading them away or raising them :p. For example I got 4 Phoenix in mailbox, I would like to get one more so I can start that project, I dont want to waste Joker of Fire to it.

But I got some projects going on, so there is no rush to level. Normally Iam doing 1-2 areas per day, so where the rush ;).

More friends gives more chances to get spirits from Destiny Summoning, also I been kicking away players that aint playing this anymore.

Edit: Now there is 9, I got Black Tortoise to mailbox :p.

bzzt

Neo Member
Anyone tried hunting yet? I might have gotten a glitch but I got a lot more spirits from hunting then I usually do.

Rixa

Got a new waifu in my tradeslot.

Go and offer something.

Anyone tried hunting yet? I might have gotten a glitch but I got a lot more spirits from hunting then I usually do.

Hunted 2 times, 37.7 km distance. 3 Spirits per hunt, mostly commons. Only difference to yesterday was that now you dont see in advance how many spirits you get.

TUSR

Banned

The official patch notes say nothing about changes to the hunting system. Im doing some more traveling this week.

Typically I was getting 6 spirits for ~340KM of travel, if it changes ill let you know.

Top Bottom