• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Patch is tomorrow after the scheduled maintenance correct?
Really curious to see the Spirit Almanac.

I haven't been playing/summoning much as I've been waiting for this and the extra UC spirits. Hopefully it means pulling less Cs.

putermcgee

Pulling C spirits was so depressing that I started to level up a Sasquatch just so I get a little relief when I summon one. I think it might be the strongest C in the American summon pool.

Rixa

They should streamline of selling those summoned C shits. Its faster to summon your slots full and go to "Spirits" and select bulk sale. Than separetly after summon sell C spirit you summoned and continue summoning.

So many ways to make this game better. Havent found any decent EU pool 1.0 cost C's so selling them all.

Anyone wants to trade good fire spirit ? I need some. My fire spirits sucks.

I have :
- Excalibur
- Toutatis
- Lugh
- Ogma
- Ixchel
- Yum Kaax

I got a Cernnunos too. Worth keeping / leveling ?

Rixa

I have :

- Ixchel

Definetly level it.
2014-05-14-203929.jpg

Ahem, did read again your Fire Spirit need, dont have R's atm :( for trade in R.

Grab your free orbs!

Official DoS twitter
DoS said:
American/EU PS+ users can obtain monthly orbs from the PS Store via in-game Shop. Click on Purchase Destiny Orbs icon

ithebigc

Neo Member

I have :
- Excalibur
- Toutatis
- Lugh
- Ogma
- Ixchel
- Yum Kaax

I have a Huallallo Carhuincho or Karura, both R Fire spirits I'd trade for either Ixchel or Yum Kaax. If you'd like either of them or heck, even want to trade for both, let me know.

http://destinyofspirits.wikia.com/wiki/Huallallo_Carhuincho
http://destinyofspirits.wikia.com/wiki/Karura

putermcgee

Problem with Huallallo is that it aint good, if searching for good Fire spirits. HC is only for filler spirit, not for the leader role (not so good skills).
His support skill and stats remind me of Tez. So useless outside of being a meat shield.

Doomshine

You shouldnt play this game tired just before going to sleep

Tell me about it. I accidentally sold an R light spirit (I forget which one), but the one that really bummed me out was accidentally merging a really high level Fire Guardian with a lot of bonus stats with a level 1 Fire Guardian instead of the other way around.

I'm still working on bringing it back up to what it was.

Tell me about it. I accidentally sold an R light spirit (I forget which one), but the one that really bummed me out was accidentally merging a really high level Fire Guardian with a lot of bonus stats with a level 1 Fire Guardian instead of the other way around.

I'm still working on bringing it back up to what it was.
I accidentally sold an advanced spirit once. Lost about 90 orbs counting the merged spirits.

Rixa

Hermesproject is done. My fastest spirit.

Shitload of stuff to trade.

Looking for:
Code:
[B][U]Adv[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- Ares
- Brigit
- Leviathan
[/LIST]

[B][U]Normal[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- Ixchel
- Lindwurm
- Fafnir
- Perun
- Valkyrie
- Daikokuten
- Heremod
- Freyja
- Chalchiuhtlicue
- Cockatrice
- Chernobog
[*]Super Rare
- Phoenix, Njord / Joker of Water
[/LIST]

Offering:
Code:
[B][U]Adv[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- Bellerophon
- Macha
- Heracles
^^ Adv.R. trading only to Adv.R
[/LIST]

[B][U]Normal[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- 2x Abzu
- Bunyip
- Veles
- Ixmucane
- 2x Mokosh
- Bunyip
- Gandharva the Music God
- Huallallo Carhuincho
- Miroku
[*]Super Rare
- Senju-Kannon (light), Zilant (wood), Guivre (fire)
[/LIST]

Doomshine

I really wished the raid bosses leveled up evenly, I'd like to get Anubis up to 35 before this is over but keep getting 40+ Horus and Meretseger.

Hermesproject is done. My fastest spirit.

Shitload of stuff to trade.

Looking for:
Code:
[B][U]Adv[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- Ares
- Brigit
- Leviathan
[/LIST]

[B][U]Normal[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- Ixchel
- Lindwurm
- Fafnir
- Perun
- Valkyrie
- Daikokuten
- Heremod
- Freyja
- Chalchiuhtlicue
- Cockatrice
- Chernobog
[*]Super Rare
- Phoenix, Njord / Joker of Water
[/LIST]

Offering:
Code:
[B][U]Adv[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- Bellerophon
- Macha
- Heracles
^^ Adv.R. trading only to Adv.R
[/LIST]

[B][U]Normal[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]Rare
- 2x Abzu
- Bunyip
- Veles
- Ixmucane
- 2x Mokosh
- Bunyip
- Gandharva the Music God
- Huallallo Carhuincho
- Miroku
[*]Super Rare
- Senju-Kannon (light), Zilant (wood), Guivre (fire)
[/LIST]

Can you hold that Senju for me?
I'm interested but since I'm at work I can't make an updated trade list now.

Rixa

Can you hold that Senju for me?
I'm interested but since I'm at work I can't make an updated trade list now.

Sure, its already in my tradeslot, But none has ever offered anything about it :p. I think it will have good stats (not sure tho). Was thinking to raise it myself but the chances to get more of those for me as EU player are really low. I got Itzamna at 65 level so not needing another SR for light.

TUSR

Banned
We are getting ability to buy 10 more slots tomorrow right ?

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/information/destiny_of_spirits_update.html

■Date
June 12, 2014 (Thurs) After scheduled maintenance
■Update Details:
- Adds a Spirits Almanac
- Increases the maximum number of spirit slots that can be added by spending Destiny Orbs (by 10)
- Improves the lock and sell buttons
- Allows points to be received in batches from the mailbox
- Time will stop when a friend assists in battle.
- Adjusts the process by which trades are performed
- Adds new spirits to regular summons (6 UC spirits)
- Changes the game icon on the Home screen
- Other bug fixes
- Preparation for further events

Rixa

I think I found a bug.

Excalibur has this support skill "Raises speed by 10% for each Metal Spirit (all allies).

Its Water element & blessing day.
As my understanding that should count only ally metal spirits right? Thus speed bonus being max 30% when Iam using 3 Metal spirit.

Well if you look this picture:
I have 2 Metal spirits and 1 Wood spirit. Enemy has 1 Metal spirit, 2 Wood spirits.
Iam getting 30% speed bonus. When I killed that Metal spirit my speed bonus went down to 20%.

Here is picture from next combat, getting 20% speed bonus, cause there is only 2 Metal spirits.

Question is it a bug or do I understand that support skill somehow wrongly?

Rixa

(All allies) is pretty clear to me.

What spirit did you kill? I need a name.

Erm. Seems that its either typed wrong or its a bug / glitch.
I changed combination littlebit and tested with Zilant in Wood area (Baltic countries +3,+6).

Total 5 Wood spirits in battle:
2 Mine: Zilant, Chameleon
3 Chaos spirits: Trolls

EDIT: The Metal chaos spirit I killed is Medusa (common EU summonable spirit). You can see it in the picture (somehow)

TUSR

Banned
this is interesting

edit: Intepret this as you will, but the DoS wiki has this written down for those types of buffs.

Increase SPD based on the total number of spirits of a specific element

nothing specific about all allies

Rixa

this is interesting

edit: Intepret this as you will, but the DoS wiki has this written down for those types of buffs.
nothing specific about all allies

Yeah, there might be somekind of typo in spirit text or just poorly translated/written.
They might have made it so (in their mind) that "all allies" means the +% bonus is aimed for all allies (not for single spirit). It should be written:
"Raises speed by 10% for each Metal Spirit, bonus is added to all allies.

Imagine how fast your spirits can be.
Its Wood element day, your team is this:
Then you rent this:
And every chaos spirit is Wood element.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah, there might be somekind of typo in spirit text or just poorly translated/written.
They might have made it so (in their mind) that "all allies" means the +% bonus is aimed for all allies (not for single spirit). It should be written:
"Raises speed by 10% for each Metal Spirit, bonus is added to all allies.

Imagine how fast your spirits can be.
Its Wood element day, your team is this:

Then you rent this:

And every chaos spirit is Wood element.

Thats exactly what it is. Its not a bug, its just how we were interpreting it. The (All allies) refers to who the buff is being given to, and "...for each Metal Spirit" is everyone active in the fight.

Rixa

Thats exactly what it is. Its not a bug, its just how we were interpreting it. The (All allies) refers to who the buff is being given to, and "...for each Metal Spirit" is everyone active in the fight.

Sadly I didnt understand this fully earlier. Makes those "+% speed for each spirit" way much better.

Whole the time Ive thought its only my spirits that add +% speed so that bonus is always capped max +30% speed.

TUSR

Banned
Sadly I didnt understand this fully earlier. Makes those "+% speed for each spirit" way much better.

Whole the time Ive thought its only my spirits that add +% speed so that bonus is always capped max +30% speed.

Thanks for bringing this up, I learnt something new about the mechanics today which is pretty neat.

I always thought it was capped at 30% too, so I was putting a flat 30% support ability spirit first in my lineup and wasnt thinking otherwise.

Rixa

Thanks for bringing this up, I learnt something new about the mechanics today which is pretty neat.

I always thought it was capped at 30% too, so I was putting a flat 30% support ability spirit first in my lineup and wasnt thinking otherwise.

Np :). Whats your psn? I ould add you to my fr.

putermcgee

163MB for me (American version).

I just know that the missing spirits from Knack are going to drive me crazy. I should have been more active with trading those, and it's probably too late now to even get my missing UCs.

It'll also be nice to get a new event. I stopped doing Raid Bosses for the last one well over a week ago.

econodog

Neo Member
Download is buggy for me. Stops at 86 MB. Anyone else having problems?

Patch worked for me (although the EU patch is smaller than the US), but in game I keep getting:
An error has occurred. 1008

Maybe it's just the servers getting smashed again... hopefully it's nothing serious that brings the game offline for another day or two.

Patch worked for me (although the EU patch is smaller that US), but in game I keep getting:
An error has occurred. 1008

Maybe it's just the servers getting smashed again... hopefully it's nothing serious that brings the game offline for another day or two.
Bah.

Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if the patch is actually 86 MB, and the download won't complete because the system expects 163 MB?

bzzt

Neo Member
Stuck at 86MB as well. Anyone have patch notes they can post?
Version 1.02
-added illustrations to options
-added a function to collect all game money from the mailbox
-added a trade button to friend menu (finally!)
-changed hunt location info collection timing
-changed graphics for sell and lock button
-changed the total displayed number of persons for rankings
-other adjustments and bug fixes

The update was borked for me too. Servas ded guise.

Top Bottom