• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Rixa

Hey fellow Vitacats. Played hell out of this in Beta, didnt get a chance to download release version from store yesterday (it wasnt there at 22.05 EET). Going to dl game (hopefully) today evening. Dunno what I need to dl cause I still got the beta game in my memory card.
^^ Tried to open beta game yesterday, didnt work.

Anyways my region is EU. If you got room in your PSN friends list, send a frequest (please send also some text as Vitagaf etc). PSN nick = my NeoGAF nick. Time to trade some spirits soon.

Btw getting error from Webstore when trying to get those 35 orbs (see pics below). Is game still down?

DoSorbs.png

DoSerror.png

EGM92

Just reading over the notices, there's one about cheating in the hunt? how the hell would you go about that? It uses GPS location right? If you've not actually traveled why would the game show anything in the hunt?

KaidoRacer7

Just reading over the notices, there's one about cheating in the hunt? how the hell would you go about that? It uses GPS location right? If you've not actually traveled why would the game show anything in the hunt?

probably messing with IP

Update:

Urgent Maintenance - Additional Information (11:50/UTC)
We'd like to inform you the current status of the ongoing maintenance started at 06:45(UTC) today. Our investigation and recovery process have not been completed yet, and we're expecting some more time until we restart our service.
Our sincere apology for the urgent maintenance and its delay.
We appreciate your patience and your support.
----------
This service is currently undergoing urgent maintenance. You're unable to play "Destiny of Spirits" during this time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ricker

Yeah,wanted to try this this morning...they should let you play a tutorial or something offline at least...oh well,later today I guess.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I got ice Knack...
IIRC there's a gift for those who played the beta, what is it and how to get it? I played the beta.

Yeah,wanted to try this this morning...they should let you play a tutorial or something offline at least...oh well,later today I guess.

It's still down, unfortunately. I really hope there's some component of the game that is still playable offline.

This is like P&D only better (for me). I really love the artwork!

Just curious, but what's P&D?

I got ice Knack...
IIRC there's a gift for those who played the beta, what is it and how to get it? I played the beta.

Please check this post for more info on that.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Puzzle and Dragons.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the info.

I thought i would have got it immediately instead i have to wait.

Looks like that's the case. LOL Too bad I wasn't on the closed beta and would missout on this one. Oh well.

I just took a look at our players list and it's great to see more people for EU joining the fun. I hope to add some of you once the game is back up. I just hope it wouldn't take much longer to do so.

Rixa

I had to update the beta app for it to work, have you tried that? (I have the US version, tho)

Trying this today evening (when I get to home). Couldnt do it yesterday, since the game was not in Vitastore and I already closed my laptop to search it from webstore. Was too tired to power it again. Hopefully maintenance is over in 5 hours (prolly home at 20.00 EET).

putermcgee

The silver lining to this lengthy maintenance is that my fortune for the day was bad luck.

As for people comparing this to P&D, I have to question whether you've actually played either game as they are almost nothing alike.

sakipon

It's working again! Everyone, go go go!

Also, seems my trading partner had approved the trade right before the maintenance starting. It's almost finished by now.

Piccoro

Hey fellow Vitacats. Played hell out of this in Beta, didnt get a chance to download release version from store yesterday (it wasnt there at 22.05 EET). Going to dl game (hopefully) today evening. Dunno what I need to dl cause I still got the beta game in my memory card.
^^ Tried to open beta game yesterday, didnt work.

Anyways my region is EU. If you got room in your PSN friends list, send a frequest (please send also some text as Vitagaf etc). PSN nick = my NeoGAF nick. Time to trade some spirits soon.

Btw getting error from Webstore when trying to get those 35 orbs (see pics below). Is game still down?

The above free orbs still don't work in Europe.

Puru

I have summoned the SR water god and his almight tentacles, my life is now complete.
Gameplay wise i can't help but think being able to swap the spirit current location (and the enemies being able to do it) would increase the depth in a good way.

Otherwise i have no idea how hunting works. Somebody could be kind enough to explain?

ZeroAKA

As for people comparing this to P&D, I have to question whether you've actually played either game as they are almost nothing alike.
Have you played P&D? The combat is completely different, but a lot of the other game mechanics (summon, fusion, friends, active/leader skills, etc.) are ripped straight from P&D.

RpgN

It's working again! Everyone, go go go!

Also, seems my trading partner had approved the trade right before the maintenance starting. It's almost finished by now.

Time to give it a try.

It better not be one of those f2p games that want to suck your money just to have fun.

It better not be one of those f2p games that want to suck your money just to have fun.

So far this doesn't feel like that. Your spirits even regenerate health quite quickly. I could only see you spending money on this if you really want to get those R and SR spirits by summoning them using Orbs.

ReaperXL7

Man...I'm swimming in SR spirits thanks to the gift summons. It's a great problem to have but I don't have any more room for spirits and I don't want to get rid of anyone...

RpgN

So far this doesn't feel like that. Your spirits even regenerate health quite quickly. I could only see you spending money on this if you really want to get those R and SR spirits by summoning them using Orbs.

I agree so far. The problem if it appears, will happen later in the game, that´s what I´m fearing now. Apparenly you have 80 zones to free, the boss fights will obviously be harder. They could make them much tougher later on, forcing you to summon powerful spirits that cost money. I couldn´t care less about having the best or rare spirits. I´m happy if the game let´s me complete it fully without the need of having to summon spirits that cost money or that I need to pay to make my spirits powerful enough to finish the game.

However, the battles seem to have less drops, and you´re getting less rewards than the beta version. Not sure if this is entirely true, but that´s how it feels.

The game definitely feels faster with the loading times and fights. I´m glad that has become more acceptable. This will make a game to pick up and play quickly a couple times a day.

Keep ´em coming. That somewhat fixes a bad start.

RpgN

Man...I'm swimming in SR spirits thanks to the gift summons. It's a great problem to have but I don't have any more room for spirits and I don't want to get rid of anyone...

Where are you getting so many from? If you feel forced to get rid of ´em I always have room to spare :p

So this is probably a dumb question but how do I get more than 10 friends?

Also, add me: gazele

You extend your friends limit and the cost you can use for your party by defeating bosses and freeing zones.

I wish I have the same problem. I have a lot of room to spare on mine if you feel like being generous. LOL

gazele

Banned
You extend your friends limit and the cost you can use for your party by defeating bosses and freeing zones.

Haha yeah, just after I posted this my friend limit got extended, Woops! Lol, definitely feels like puzzle and dragons and the ilk but I never really got into any of those so I'll try this one out, not paying real money though! Lol

ReaperXL7

Where are you getting so many from? If you feel forced to get rid of ´em I always have room to spare :p

People using me for Destiny summons they, and I get the same spirit.

Here are a few of the ones I have gotten, (I think it's also because people seem to like using my Blue Body for his defence buffs.

BjvqZhvIEAAXRHY.jpg

BjvqVOxIUAAjRvt.jpg

BjvqdutIMAAOWV2.jpg

BjvqiXDIAAAnOcJ.jpg

I need to find some Euro buddies so I can do some trading.

RpgN

People using me for Destiny summons they, and I get the same spirit.

Here are a few of the ones I have gotten, (I think it's also because people seem to like using my Blue Body for his defence buffs.

pics

Those are some cool looking spirits.

As it happens, you´re on my friends list and I´m from EU, I might as well add you on the game. But I obviously don´t have rare EU spirits though.

ReaperXL7

Those are some cool looking spirits.

As it happens, you´re on my friends list and I´m from EU, I might as well add you on the game. But I obviously don´t have rare EU spirits though.

The more the merrier :) like I said, these are destiny spirits which don't cost anything. At the beginning of each day when you get your New curse/blessing you have an opportunity to pick a friend from your friends list and you both get the same spirit. All of those that I posted came from that.

RpgN

The more the merrier :) like I said, these are destiny spirits which don't cost anything. At the beginning of each day when you get your New curse/blessing you have an opportunity to pick a friend from your friends list and you both get the same spirit. All of those that I posted came from that.

I just noticed this for the first time when signing again. And I already sent you a friend request :)

Grinchy

Banned
Spent 5 minutes loading through every person on my friend list's trade list, all but one of which was empty, and in my attempt to make an offer on the -one- guy who had anything for trade realized that I needed to leave one of my three slots vacant to make an offer. Could they have made this any more awful? Why not just a list of every spirit up for trade on my friend list? Why is there even a button for people with empty trade lists? "Reduced load time" my ass, it took 7 seconds to finish loading -closing the error message that I couldn't trade-.

Entering Summon Menu: 5 Seconds
Leaving Summon Menu: 4 Seconds
Loading Spirits Menu: 2 Seconds
Leaving Spirits Menu: 4 Seconds
Loading Communications: 8 Seconds
Leaving Communications: 11 Seconds

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint with the game. It takes fucking forever to do anything because it has to communicate with the servers for every single menu button press. It was bad in the beta but I feel like it might be worse now.

Hellraider

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint with the game. It takes fucking forever to do anything because it has to communicate with the servers for every single menu button press. It was bad in the beta but I feel like it might be worse now.

Beta was definitely worse. I still don't know why it has to be this way. Does it really have to communicate so many times?

EGOMON

For your first roll, would it be better to do the rare Knack roll or just the advance summon?

The Advance summon will surely gives you at least Rare spirits while in Knack you could get Uncommon however Knack summon is limited those spirits will no longer be available to be summoned after the promotion ends while the advance will always be there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first merging spirit, i'll save it for SR fire spirit:

Novocaine

Well the EU/AU free 35 orbs seem to be working now, although the SEN servers are a little crazy. There's an option to choose between free and paid. Time to summon something advanced!

Edit: or not. So I made the purchase fine, but the download doesn't appear in my list, and I don't have the orbs automatically placed into the game. Argh. I'm just going to forget about it and hope it fixes itself.

ReaperXL7

Got a Witch in advance summon and a SR Phoenix in the normal.

I guess that's good?

Not sure about the witch, but Phoenix is great.

I'm surprised there is no option to evolve your spirits. It feels weird in a game like this to not have the option.

Top Bottom