• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

sakipon

No luck yet. Tried through the web store on PC and mobile and it gives errors. Also the Vita in game store won't even let you add to cart.

I don't think it's meant to be free. I mean if it is can't you just buy dozens of them and break the game?

I claimed it from the HK store on the launch day. The item disappears from the store once you get it.

baekshi

Banned
@baekshi:
I tried to add Black Tortoise on your spreadsheet but for some reason there was an error upon submitting. Can you correct the Obtain information for this spirit? Instead of just "13", it should say "Hunt (+13, +2)". Somehow the form would not allow me to submit the entry until I changed the Obtain entry into a number. Thanks!
Fixed it... it should work now. Added an option to edit after submitting, think will work if you're logged in.

This is what I got from the Knack Summon...
Oh, and this is the Knack summon I got:

Added this to the list, thanks!

All the Knack Summon so far~
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CK™&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

JJP12

@baekshi:
I tried to add Black Tortoise on your spreadsheet but for some reason there was an error upon submitting. Can you correct the Obtain information for this spirit? Instead of just "13", it should say "Hunt (+13, +2)". Somehow the form would not allow me to submit the entry until I changed the Obtain entry into a number. Thanks!
I had the same problem when I tried to add Ice Knack. It also made me select a number so I just entered 1.

Fixed it... it should work now. Added an option to edit after submitting, think will work if you're logged in.

Thanks man! I'm going to add a few more entries while I wait for my spirits to regenerate HP.

One suggestion though: Can you add another field for the spirits' rarity? We can just put in SR, R, UC, C, and what other variants I may not have seen yet. I think it will be handy for those who will one day try to obtain the SR spirits.

Shoyz

Spent 5 minutes loading through every person on my friend list's trade list, all but one of which was empty, and in my attempt to make an offer on the -one- guy who had anything for trade realized that I needed to leave one of my three slots vacant to make an offer. Could they have made this any more awful? Why not just a list of every spirit up for trade on my friend list? Why is there even a button for people with empty trade lists? "Reduced load time" my ass, it took 7 seconds to finish loading -closing the error message that I couldn't trade-.

Entering Summon Menu: 5 Seconds
Leaving Summon Menu: 4 Seconds
Loading Spirits Menu: 2 Seconds
Leaving Spirits Menu: 4 Seconds
Loading Communications: 8 Seconds
Leaving Communications: 11 Seconds

Takao

Banned
Here's the English update site. There's some new events going on:

"Local Hunting" has started!
Besides the regular "Hunt" feature, "Local Hunting" is an event that you can acquire locally limited spirits when you play "Hunt "at the specific locations.
Here below are the locations and its corresponding spirits for the "Local Hunting" event just started today.

▽US
Spirit: Ixtab

▽Europe
Spirit: Fenrir

▽Asia
Spirit: Yatagarasu
Location: Around Tokyo-station & Around Victoria Peak, Hong Kong

DoS_eventhunt_001-eng.jpg

"Local Hunting" spirits and locations will be regularly added from now on. We hope you enjoy the event!

* Use of this service requires players to obtain the location information in the target area.
* Please note that the number of spirits one player can acquire via "Local Hunting" are limited. If the spirit you are trying to hunt is same as the one you already acquired in the different location, you may not be able to get it.

Limited Summons "KNACK"!
The characters of "KNACK", a PlayStation 4 exclusive action platformer, have become Spirits in "Destiny of Spirits" and can be summoned for a limited time offer.
A total of 20 types of UC/R/SR spirits are available, so don't miss this opportunity!

Offer period: Thursday, 20th March 2014 - Wednesday, 16th April 2014, 23:59 (UTC)
dos_icon_A.png

Raid Boss Event "Baptism of Light" will be launched!

Raid boss Event "Baptism of Light" will be held on the following schedule.

■Schedule
Thursday, 27th March 2014 - Wednesday, 16th April 2014, 23:59 (UTC)

■Bosses to appear
▽ Americas: Inti
▽ Europe: Belobog
▽ Asia: Miroku

DoS_raid-001_main_eng.jpg

【What's Raid Boss Event?】
It is an event to fight against the powerful boss spirits of 3 regions - Asia, US and Europe. Depending on your number of conquests and conquest level, you can acquire in-game points and event-exclusive Raid boss spirits.

You'll get a chance to encounter Raid bosses when you complete missions on the world map. However, completing the mission does not guarantee the encounter, Raid bosses are more likely to appear farther from your base. Furthermore, they won't appear in area boss or zone boss missions.

* Raid bosses of all 3 regions are supposed to appear, however it is random and you will have more chance to encounter the boss of your region. (Ex: Appearance rate of Miroku is higher for the players in Japan.)

Although your spirits can challenge a Raid boss battle as long as the health is full, you need Raid Points to challenge. The Raid Points that you use will be restored as time passes. You can also restore Raid Points using Destiny Orbs. Raid boss appears only limited amount of time. So do your best to defeat bosses before they disappear!

If you are defeated, your friends will automatically receive a request for help and they can also join your fight against a Raid boss.

Please note that when you contribute to your friend's Raid boss battle, it counts your number of conquests, but does not influence your conquest level.

baekshi

Banned
Thanks man! I'm going to add a few more entries while I wait for my spirits to regenerate HP.

One suggestion though: Can you add another field for the spirits' rarity? We can just put in SR, R, UC, C, and what other variants I may not have seen yet. I think it will be handy for those who will one day try to obtain the SR spirits.

Good idea. I have added that in!

edit: I haven't seen another besides those also, but just in case, I put the "Other option"

sakipon

Spent 5 minutes loading through every person on my friend list's trade list, all but one of which was empty, and in my attempt to make an offer on the -one- guy who had anything for trade realized that I needed to leave one of my three slots vacant to make an offer. Could they have made this any more awful? Why not just a list of every spirit up for trade on my friend list? Why is there even a button for people with empty trade lists? "Reduced load time" my ass, it took 7 seconds to finish loading -closing the error message that I couldn't trade-.

On your friends list check for the icon with two arrows. Only those users have something for trade. Still, I do dislike the system, all trades should indeed show up on a single page.

I have just finished adding the Spirits I have on my collection that did not exist yet on the database. Can't believe nobody has entered Gargoyle (the first spirit players obtain) until I did. LOL

Anyway, it's there now along with Sorcerer, Malina, Hunahpu, Mining Robot, Tenko, Ataensic, and Jaguar Warrior. I posted their screenshots too as they really deserve to be sign. I love this game's spirit design!

RUkxm2R.jpg

aH4KVOe.jpg

yntyScw.jpg

QKgZQ2x.jpg

And here's a bonus: Moobabe suddenly helping in the battle. Woohoo!! :)

s9CsLox.jpg

Shoyz

Baptism is a multiplayer raid?

The level 1 boss I found only took a single attack to clear (with a loaner spirit).

I'm waiting on the screen, how do we join up?

Sorry to respond late, somebody was at the door and had to answer. Anyway, I'll start now and see if I could invite you. If not, I think you should be able to see a list of players already on a raid when you go to the actual BoL screen. Try to help on mine and let's see if you could join.

baekshi

Banned
Sorry to respond late, somebody was at the door and had to answer. Anyway, I'll start now and see if I could invite you. If not, I think you should be able to see a list of players already on a raid when you go to the actual BoL screen. Try to help on mine and let's see if you could join.
I am on the screen that says "0 player(s) participating"
Im not sure how to invite

And he has 6000 HP

Ventara

Here's my Knack

R8Evpci.jpg

and here are some of the Spirits I have that I didn't see on the database. I haven't added them yet. If someone can do that, it'll be great.

IejOtaV.jpg

EWhbb9w.jpg

n1UwUQd.jpg

Mx6hO6D.jpg

WZwISId.jpg

9CujmDK.jpg

wGK3jRi.jpg

I also attempted to fight Inti in the Baptism of Light challenged, and got my ass handed to me, I guess I shouldn't have fought him with 3 level 1 Spirits. I'll give it another go with some stronger monsters and see what happens.

Anyways, Destiny Orbs are a total ripoff. $2 for a chance at a good rare monster, $0.67 for an additional storage slot? No thanks.

I am on the screen that says "0 player(s) participating"
Im not sure how to invite

And he has 6000 HP

I actually just finished it. I borrowed your Gargoyle though so you should at least get something for that. I'm not sure how people can actually just join an ongoing conquest though.

Yes, Inti had 6000 HP and nearly decimated my party. Thankfully they survived it but with just a hairline of health left. Also, make sure that you have a free slot on your spirit collection as there is a chance you're gonna get a new spirit after defeating a boss. I got Bicorn after defeating Inti once. I'll be adding it to the database.

WTF?! Maintenance again?!!

That explains why I cannot get into the game after restarting. I wonder if the raid had something to do with it.

@baekshi:
Something odd must have happened with my browser since there are now two entries for Bicorn in the database. Will you be able to delete the redundant entry? Thanks!

baekshi

Banned
I actually just finished it. I borrowed your Gargoyle though so you should at least get something for that. I'm not sure how people can actually just join an ongoing conquest though.

Yes, Inti had 6000 HP and nearly decimated my party. Thankfully they survived it but with just a hairline of health left. Also, make sure that you have a free slot on your spirit collection as there is a chance you're gonna get a new spirit after defeating a boss. I got Bicorn after defeating Inti once. I'll be adding it to the database.

Just defeated it with using your Spirit also :0

WTF?! Maintenance again?!!

I keep getting errors - I guess this is why. Calling it a day. Just when I had a Great Blessing for today……

TheAznOne

That explains why I cannot get into the game after restarting. I wonder if the raid had something to do with it.

Man. I'm just 1 round of attacks left to go with my 2nd raid boss to be defeated. Hope they finish within the 1hr and half with the raid timer going.

Ventara

I was trying to fight Inta when the network kept timing out. I decided to restart the game, and bam, maintenance. And my Raid is gonna finish in 4 hours, although I'm planning to sleep before then. I don't know how long the maintenance will take, but I guess I'm not gonna be beating Inta tonight.

Novocaine

I claimed it from the HK store on the launch day. The item disappears from the store once you get it.

Ahh that makes sense. Well it hasn't worked so far, and the game is in maintenance so maybe after that's done it might work. Will keep trying! I want some free Knack shit.

Just defeated it with using your Spirit also :0

Ha! Good to know it was able to help. :D

Man. I'm just 1 round of attacks left to go with my 2nd raid boss to be defeated. Hope they finish within the 1hr and half with the raid timer going.

I was trying to fight Inta when the network kept timing out. I decided to restart the game, and bam, maintenance. And my Raid is gonna finish in 4 hours, although I'm planning to sleep before then. I don't know how long the maintenance will take, but I guess I'm not gonna be beating Inta tonight.

Yeah, I really hope that they fix the issue ASAP so we wouldn't waste the time. If not, I hope they'd refresh the counter and allow us to keep what we earned so far.

Man Blue Body is a tank and a half. Easily my most valuable summon yet other than my SR Magician.

That's cool! Will you be able to add that spirit to the database so we can see? It'll be much appreciated.

Ahh that makes sense. Well it hasn't worked so far, and the game is in maintenance so maybe after that's done it might work. Will keep trying! I want some free Knack shit.

Tell me about it. Knack looks a lot cooler than the mining robot I got (though it's not a terrible summon either).

TheAznOne

Well it looks like I got lucky before the maintenance message popped up. Someone else on my friends defeated the 2nd raid boss (Miroku). I got a "Kozu and Mezu" Common Spirit :(. Forgot to take a pic so we can add to the database. Will upload asap.

oni_saru

This only for those who played the beta and now playing the full release

got it. thx! i'm glad they are rewarding beta players.

i'm kind of disappointed that not much was changed from beta to current. i was really hoping they would have changed the trading to be much more simpler/faster.

also this whole adding friends manually is a pain. :S

i haven't used my destiny orbs. gonna hoard them till Toro summons come back. (hopefully they do)

sakipon

I can deal with server downtime otherwise but it does irk me when I'm out and can't use the hunt feature. Not only missing out on spirits but also travel (one of the emblems tracks your traveling distances).

i haven't used my destiny orbs. gonna hoard them till Toro summons come back. (hopefully they do)

I spent my initial ones but am considering to start hoarding from this point on. There might be some special summons of nice IPs coming up, who knows.

ReaperXL7

It's alright. Thanks for adding his entry. Better than nothing, you know! :) You're right, that guy's a freaking tank!

Just tried and it's still down. :-(

Took out 6 raid bosses so far with him, my Cerberus, and various friend summons.

As I get more spirits I'll make sure to add them to the doc.

oni_saru

also is it just me or is getting those cherub/king/queen exp summons harder? i had two battles already where they appeared and didn't get them :(

i remember in the beta getting them each time they appeared and were defeated

RalchAC

Is Sony going to give those 35 Destiny Orbs for free to PS+ users every month or is it only a way to hook more people?

Is Sony going to give those 35 Destiny Orbs for free to PS+ users every month or is it only a way to hook more people?

Would be cool if they do, but we're don't even see this free orbs thing on the US PSN Store. I think it'll be a good idea for Sony to do. It'll encourage continuous play of the game and they're not really losing much for giving them away once a month.

sakipon

Atleast for the Asian/HK PS+ it indeed is confirmed to be monthly. Who knows for how long it'll continue though.

And yeah, I'm not seeing PS+ offer in the EU store, not sure if it's coming to the West. By the way, Playstation Asia also gave a code for some free orbs on their FB page. Why aren't Western gamers treated as well? Maybe they expect us to be loaded with $, £ and €.

RalchAC

Atleast for the Asian/HK PS+ it indeed is confirmed to be monthly. Who knows for how long it'll continue though.

And yeah, I'm not seeing PS+ offer in the EU store, not sure if it's coming to the West. By the way, Playstation Asia also gave a code for some free orbs on their FB page. Why aren't Western gamers treated as well? Maybe they expect us to be loaded with $, £ and €.

In the Spanish PS Store I think I've seen those 35 free orbs. So there is a chance :)

Oh, I've just checked. When I try to buy it there is an error. Will keep an eye on it.

RpgN

I was looking forward to giving the game a try and already am hit with maintenance. Great start -_-

Top Bottom