• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Not sure whether the post count for this thread is depressing or really, really funny.

Not sure whether the post count for this thread is depressing or really, really funny.

Is a fun game, and I like to think that is like collecting cards to no fell bad for wasting money in Gravity Rush Spirits (got a Lady of the Dephts today).

Also, I got a Spy Costume Kat if someone is interested and offers something good.

putermcgee

You havent paid for a game that you got 60 hours of fun out of, sounds enough of a reason to me to support it and the devs.

...I think this game is still rather fair with its use of microtransactions (even though I think normal cash summons definitely should be cheaper).
This is the train of thought that has me looking to buy a $30 pack of orbs too. I've played quite a bit without feeling like I *need* to buy anything. In fact, my wife and I played almost all day yesterday, and there was always something to do.

PHEW! Wow, thanks guys! Almost freaked out there, lol. Crisis averted!
"Almost" he says... j/k.

Anyway, I got a Glacies from Econodog because I just wanted to get it registered in my database. I don't actually need it, so I'll trade it away to another GAF member.

And Lesiroth, if you're around, you should accept my weak Knack summon for your weak Knack summon. Gotta share the love of these spirits no one wants!

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
This is the train of thought that has me looking to buy a $30 pack of orbs too. I've played quite a bit without feeling like I *need* to buy anything. In fact, my wife and I played almost all day yesterday, and there was always something to do.

"Almost" he says... j/k.

Anyway, I got a Glacies from Econodog because I just wanted to get it registered in my database. I don't actually need it, so I'll trade it away to another GAF member.

And Lesiroth, if you're around, you should accept my weak Knack summon for your weak Knack summon. Gotta share the love of these spirits no one wants!

Is an AM Rare okay? Other region Rs I got is like Veles.

the only thing that compelled me to spend $30 was limited-time-only Gravity Rush love... i knew the two SR's i wanted from the beta, and it's GR <3 - i got Gravity Panther for free from the 35 orb gift from the admins, on my first advanced summon attempt... took almost the whole 500 to get Lady of the Depths

theoretically, everything else i can just slowly but surely acquire through normal means, but i have a feeling i'll buy one more $30 pack like a moron next month. i'm actually really glad they changed it from getting a raid boss after every single battle, because that was really making me stop doing anything at all while my raid points recharged

baekshi

Banned
the only thing that compelled me to spend $30 was limited-time-only Gravity Rush love... i knew the two SR's i wanted from the beta, and it's GR <3 - i got Gravity Panther for free from the 35 orb gift from the admins, on my first advanced summon attempt... took almost the whole 500 to get Lady of the Depths

theoretically, everything else i can just slowly but surely acquire through normal means, but i have a feeling i'll buy one more $30 pack like a moron next month. i'm actually really glad they changed it from getting a raid boss after every single battle, because that was really making me stop doing anything at all while my raid points recharged

I wish the paid content only gave us R and SR :(

Scher

So I decided to download this game and try it out, but I'm having some issues with the download. It seems to get stuck halfway through the download and I can't seem to get it to resume. Also, when I try to cancel the download, it locks up my Vita and I have to force it to shut down. Anyone know why this would be happening?

Edit: Nevermind, the issue seemed to resolve itself very slowly.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It gets recorded into a database? How do you access the database?

Day 21 in a row and no second bonus. did they forget to make it longer?

Yeah, this is kinda BS. Why cut it off arbitrarily at 21 days?

TheAznOne

Just got 3 spirits drops in one battle. Never had that happen before. Thinking about doing a 50K-60K spirit summons run soon since I have enough with farming the last 3 days on Blessing and I want to see what I get with Bad Luck. So far IMO Average Luck has the better drop rate for Rs and SRs.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Just got 3 spirits drops in one battle. Never had that happen before. Thinking about doing a 50K-60K spirit summons run soon since I have enough with farming the last 3 days on Blessing and I want to see what I get with Bad Luck. So far IMO Average Luck has the better drop rate for Rs and SRs.

is it proven that AVG luck or bad luck have better R SR drop rates?

TheAznOne

is it proven that AVG luck or bad luck have better R SR drop rates?

I'm not sure. This is from my exp with drops so far. With 1046 summons so far, on the days I've gotten AVG, I gotten more rare drops and the only 2 SR drops I got was on AVG luck than the other ones. That why I'm gonna do the 60K summons run soon for more data. Lets see what I get out of 200 spirits on Bad Luck.

My only SR destiny summon was 88 Compatibility and they had Great Blessing. I can't be sure it means anything but I'm trying to go with as close to that as I can from now on.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Awesome, was browsing random friends and one guy had a Barong for trade.
He accepted a trade for a random R I had.

Also, it hurts to see that the last 6 friend notifications from the Live Area are of Toma getting SR spirits. :p

baekshi

Banned
My only SR destiny summon was 88 Compatibility and they had Great Blessing. I can't be sure it means anything but I'm trying to go with as close to that as I can from now on.

I had 97 compatibility with Great Blessing and got a freaking COMMON.

I don't even know what compatibility thing does even

putermcgee

Is an AM Rare okay? Other region Rs I got is like Veles.
What's the Am Rare? I'm also in the Am version, but that might mean I need something for a limit break!

It gets recorded into a database? How do you access the database?
Haha, I just take screen shots of the spirits I collect for my own bestiary. Plus, they said something is in the works, so it's just to be on the safe side.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
What's the Am Rare? I'm also in the Am version, but that might mean I need something for a limit break!

Haha, I just take screen shots of the spirits I collect for my own bestiary. Plus, they said something is in the works, so it's just to be on the safe side.

got loads. Which one you need to level break. I know for sure I don't have sorcerer and wwyvren

Plus, they said something is in the works, so it's just to be on the safe side.

Its pretty clear that the game registers what spirits you obtain (the ones that appear after battle with a "unlock" animation of sorts). Is good having some confirmation of a Compendion/Database. Hope they include lore as in Megaten games.

baekshi

Banned
So thats like in 10hrs or so. The servers seemed fine to me last few hrs.

not in an hour? that's the japanese time

english twitter just posted this also
https://twitter.com/dos_official_en/status/458113194997739520
Hi everyone. We want to apologize for the server issues that have been ongoing over the weekend. We are working on it, we promise.

Its now posted in english also
We would like to let you know our planned maintenance times.
Please be aware that during this time you will be unable to play.
Also please ensure you finish playing before maintenance starts.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
04/21/2014 06:00 - 07:30&#65288;PDT&#65289;
04/20/2014 23:00 - 24:30&#65288;PDT&#65289;

TheAznOne

not in an hour? that's the japanese time

english twitter just posted this also

Alright it was posted on the site but wasn't up yet on twitter. And still no orbs for these maintenance that's happening soon and later on today unless it's for the issues on the 18th which seemed alot of people had.

Well I guess I'm holding off on the 200 spirits summons run after the maintenance ends. Gonna farm some spirit points till it starts.

baekshi

Banned
Alright it was posted on the site but wasn't up yet on twitter. And still no orbs for these maintenance that's happening soon and later on today unless it's for the issues on the 18th which seemed alot of people had.

Well I guess I'm holding off on the 200 spirits summons run after the maintenance ends. Gonna farm some spirit points till it starts.

they posted this about 40 mins ago on the japanese activity feed. they're slow with the english

putermcgee

Its pretty clear that the game registers what spirits you obtain (the ones that appear after battle with a "unlock" animation of sorts). Is good having some confirmation of a Compendion/Database. Hope they include lore as in Megaten games.
Good point. So if it's registering what I've obtained before or not, then that's a good reason to trade even C and UC spirits!

got loads. Which one you need to level break. I know for sure I don't have sorcerer and wwyvren
Greys, White Buffalo Maiden, Wakan Tanka, Yum "In My Tum" Kaax...

baekshi

Banned
Yea I figured that out. What's your DOS AS name? I have your AM acct on my friends but not your AS acct. Need them AS accts for Destiny Summons.

Sharingan_JP

I don't have many cleared zones on that, I just keep on grinding Summoning stones and leveling up. Will probably start clearing after I have everything max and will easier to plow after. Some great UC.

Its such a pain with Rares since I get so many Wyvern on that because I cleared one zone boss ,_,

TheAznOne

Sharingan_JP

I don't have many cleared zones on that, I just keep on grinding Summoning stones and leveling up. Will probably start clearing after I have everything max and will easier to plow after. Some great UC.

Its such a pain with Rares since I get so many Wyvern on that because I cleared one zone boss ,_,

Well surprising Wyvern is a good trade rare for the AS folks imo. As I too get them with the Wakan and Greys are like the only rares I get. I offer them to AS trades and most of the time it's accepted. I will add you after the maintenance ends.

@GuardianE
I accepted the trade before the maintenance started. We would've got our Joker within the hour.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Sharingan_JP

Why not max them then or what the other guy said, trade them. they aren't great but the art makes for some good trade bait. I honestly have yet to get a Wvyren since I unlocked it.

@Putermcgee I got a Yum Yum with your name on it.

baekshi

Banned
Why not max them then or what the other guy said, trade them. they aren't great but the art makes for some good trade bait. I honestly have yet to get a Wvyren since I unlocked it.

@Putermcgee I got a Yum Yum with your name on it.

Honestly once I start maxing, It feels like getting the ones so much seems to start disappearing so I didn't bother lol

I did traded one Wyvern away and combined two other with another spirit. I'll start looking to trade the remaining 2 away though.

jwk94

Location determine what spirits you can hunt and where you start in the game. Then you have to conquer each area around you to defeat zone bosses and add them to your pool of spirits that you can summon.

Ah, missed that. Anyways, I can wait a bit.

Awesome, that's pretty simple. thanks!

Does anyone have all of the portraits for the Gravity Rush summons? I want to see them since I don't want to spend the money to get more than two.

So they made trophy for logging 30 days in a row and then forgot to implement bonuses from 21st login ?

Also is there any indication from beta tests as what might be next after Gravity Rush spirits ?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sweet:
iKknzMF.jpg

Indonesia: +12, -1

Toma

Just got an SR summoning with Toma. YOU'RE WELCOME FRIEND.

I dont quite know why, but it seems like we often have pretty neat summons. Definitely more than with other people on average.

Top Bottom