• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

I'm not sure the servers are having problems because of too much players connecting at the same time. My friend list of 50 people will need serious purging since about 2/3 of them are no longer/rarely playing. Ranking seems to be pretty stable too.

Seems like it's also a problem with the game itself. I have to reboot my vita often for it to work properly. If you quit the game and put the vita in sleep mode and boot the game again it will either give you a message it can't connect to the internet, nets you a cannot connect to server message or give you the you need to register for a PSN account thing. Game is an unoptimized mess anyway. It takes forever to navigate between menus because of long loading times and the game is more or less only a bunch of menus. There is some slowdown during battles sometimes too and battles are only a bunch of pictures on the screens with special effects.

They need to patch this thing ASAP.

Last week i had to purge people with 10k ranking points from my friend list to find those less active to trade with fellow gaffers.

Also I might have a possible megaton - I invested 1 euro into 3G sim starter pack ;) and it seems like DoS is connecting through 3G to servers as i was getting maintenance notice.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was a tad bored and figured the DoS startup screen might make for a neat wallpaper on Vita:
9HEEQ0K.jpg

Moobabe

Sweet collection Toma - I got a 64gb card coming over the next few days. SO pumped.

I still only have two SR - and none from summoning! Both, I think, were joint summons with Toma.

Maybe my luck is just poopsville on this game (and on FTL)

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Last week i had to purge people with 10k ranking points from my friend list to find those less active to trade with fellow gaffers.

Also I might have a possible megaton - I invested 1 euro into 3G sim starter pack ;) and it seems like DoS is connecting through 3G to servers as i was getting maintenance notice.

I just delete randoms who have the lowest areas freed and those who happen to be in AM region unless I know them.

So the game is down atleast another 9h? There goes my consecutive login days.

Well at least you will be getting bonus again as days after 20 don't get anything ...

I just delete randoms who have the lowest areas freed and those who happen to be in AM region unless I know them.

low areas - might have started playing recently. Low ranking points whn checked on sunday - nearly certain inactivity.

Ventara

The game is still down? I better have Kuko, Izanami, Izanagi and Amaterasu waiting for me in my mailbox as an apology when I get back.

Rixa

Oh, snap! That Comedy Duo battle skill sounds insanely good. I wasn't part of the beta, but are the Gravity Rush spirits that we have now the same as they were from the beta?

Nerfed and same will happen to DDI. Pics from Beta:

2013-10-31-225738.jpg

2013-10-31-225741.jpg

2013-10-31-225651.jpg

^^ 3 times fire dam.
2013-10-31-225735.jpg

^^ Kinda uber battleskill.
2013-10-31-225721.jpg

Edit: See those levelmaxes. They did nerf them too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Those skills are OP. I see why they were nerfed.

That said, there's a bunch of skills in this game that are 100% useless and really pointless.

Ventara

I would love to see a 3x damage one an ADV, I know this won't happen for a norm summon.

And it's not unreasonable either. There are plenty of spirits with 2x for 40SP Cost, so 3x for 60SP Cost should be fine too.

Then again, it's better for us to have spirits with lower cost battle skills.

TheAznOne

This I do not do as folks do have farming days or strictly is trading as with some folks here have done. I go off the rankings to see if they even got any battle points during the week. That will show if they have been playing at all.

Ventara

Man, I'm kinda the opposite of you guys. I try to make sure I have a bunch of new players on my list so that I can rent their cheap spirits for absorbing some damage during the fight. Of course, during boss fights, I spend SS on a good spirit, but when it comes to normal battles, renting cheap spirits to take away some damage from your spirits is great.

RoeBear

Man, I'm kinda the opposite of you guys. I try to make sure I have a bunch of new players on my list so that I can rent their cheap spirits for absorbing some damage during the fight. Of course, during boss fights, I spend SS on a good spirit, but when it comes to normal battles, renting cheap spirits to take away some damage from your spirits is great.

It's funny when I have my level 30 Vermillion Bird out to rent I get like 3 people renting it. When I put my level 20 Barong on it I get like 8+ people using it.

It's funny when I have my level 30 Vermillion Bird out to rent I get like 3 people renting it. When I put my level 20 Barong on it I get like 8+ people using it.

Barong is OP, US and EU dont have a spirit with the same leader ability, think its a bit BS to be honest.

Ventara

I'm thinking of renting out my LotD at Lv 1. It's still pretty useful and pretty cheap. I remember when I first started this game, I was getting 30+ rentals. Now its under 5 usually.

Wait you can control which spirit is being offered for rental ?

Your party's leader is the one that gets rented.

So any reports from users complaining about their banned DoS accounts yet?

Has anyone been banned yet?

Ventara

Sometimes I feel people aren't aware of this as they have a level 12 UC in the slot lol.

Lol, I might be one of those guys. Despite having a bunch of SRs, I haven't focused so much on fighting recently, so I still have the same team from around when I started. They've actually been doing quite well, but I'll probably need to form a good mid-level team before I start hitting the Lv 50 bosses.

RalchAC

I sometimes do this with random spirits. Since mobs always attack on a straight line, the one that attacks the support spirit is the last one I kill.

For random fights renting <200 mobs is useful.

Has the maintenance finished?

There isn't anybody that wants one of my tradeable spirits? Ukko, Vampire Hunter and another Fire R, they're in the last page :(

Dragun619

Ah man, a Great Blessing day going to waste. dang.

Hope we do get something for all these emergency maintenance. Looking for 35 or 60 Destiny Orbs, but I'd really would like to have the loading times shorten tho especially when navigating through your spirits.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ah man, a Great Blessing day going to waste. dang.

Hope we do get something for all these emergency maintenance. Looking for 35 or 60 Destiny Orbs, but I'd really would like to have the loading times shorten tho especially when navigating through your spirits.

We want the obligatory 35 destiny orbs, a longer raid event and at least 5000 summoning orbs.

One can dream.

RoeBear

We want the obligatory 35 destiny orbs, a longer raid event and at least 5000 summoning orbs.

One can dream.

This is a longer than average maintenance, but didn't we get squat for like the last couple?

This is definitely one of the longest ones so we better get at least 35 orbs.

Toma

This is a longer than average maintenance, but didn't we get squat for like the last couple?

This is definitely one of the longest ones so we better get at least 35 orbs.

35 orbs wouldnt make up for much tbh. I lost at least 70k summoning orbs from grinding and a whole day of raid boss fights.

RoeBear

35 orbs wouldnt make up for much tbh. I lost at least 70k summoning orbs from grinding and a whole day of raid boss fights.

It's a fine line they have to play. Give orbs to keep people happy and playing the game leading to more orbs sold, or just be stingy and people still buy orbs but some people get pissed and quit playing.

Toma

It's a fine line they have to play. Give orbs to keep people happy and playing the game leading to more orbs sold, or just be stingy and people still buy orbs but some people get pissed and quit playing.

Yeah, but they dont need to rely on only cash orbs, summoning orbs are basically worth nothing. 5000 summoning orbs are 17 summons, which are, if you are lucky, 1 R, 5 UCs and 11 Cs. They wouldnt lose any money with a decent amount of summoning orbs on top of the cash orbs and raise the goodwill of their customers.

Sometimes I put my basilisk in the leader spot for people to rent. I don't think UC spirits get very expensive to rent. Anyone know how much my T Rex costs in comparison?

Sometimes I put my basilisk in the leader spot for people to rent. I don't think UC spirits get very expensive to rent. Anyone know how much my T Rex costs in comparison?

I pay around a 1000 for your lvl 45 T Rex, he is so boss though. You ever rent my lvl 35 Yellow Emperor?

God when is server coming back on, im wasting so many raid boss kills. I want to get 300 battles before the event ends, im at 110 now.

I pay around a 1000 for your lvl 45 T Rex, he is so boss though. You ever rent my lvl 35 Yellow Emperor?
Yes. I use that spirit quite a bit. I usually look first for my lucky element and pick from those. Sometimes I only want something cheap with plenty of hitpoints to keep my spirits healthy.

Yes. I use that spirit quite a bit. I usually look first for my lucky element and pick from those. Sometimes I only want something cheap with plenty of hitpoints to keep my spirits healthy.

Yeah high HP summons are pretty good as tanks, especially against bosses like Ziz.

Btw does compatibility even do anything with destiny summons? I try to go for high compatibility, but most of the time its just Common trash.

Top Bottom