• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Yeah high HP summons are pretty good as tanks, especially against bosses like Ziz.

Btw does compatibility even do anything with destiny summons? I try to go for high compatibility, but most of the time its just Common trash.
I am sure it has some effect, but my best destiny summons were not from highest compatibility partners.

Vamphuntr

this maintenance is annoying, and they will have another regular maintenance again tomorrow? ffs

My guess is that it's the first major always online F2P experience for the team so they need a bit of time to get everything under control. That's understandable. It seems the game wasn't fully ready to come out of closed beta yet though.

FDC1

Grrrr, If I can't connect today, will I lose my advancement for the 30 day in a row trophy? I probably was around 25 :(

EGM92

I contacted the devs via twitter, they fixed my Jokers last night :D apparently happened to a couple of users. I have a couple of SR's that I need to break the limit. I really wish they'd get the servers back up.

Also for those of you that don't follow them on twitter, they've said they will give us some sort of compensation for the all the downtime yesterday.

Takao

Banned
rip consecutive logins

I've been playing the game everyday since launch, but didn't get to it last night, and maintenance was all day long ...

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If this maintinence doesn't end in the next 45 minutes I'm cashing out on this game. I've only been logging in to get that 30 consecutive days thing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If this maintinence doesn't end in the next 45 minutes I'm cashing out on this game. I've only been logging in to get that 30 consecutive days thing.

Gimme all your rares.

Just kidding. It does suck. I hope the developers can somehow make the trophy unaffected by this.

coolasj19

Gimme all your rares.
Just kidding. It does suck. I hope the developers can somehow make the trophy unaffected by this.
Sure why not. You're aiming kind of low though. Then again, I want some cash for No Heroes Allowed Mega-Pack. That's a weird slope then, might even be against DoS ToS. I got a couple of SR and all those Jokers too. The only thing I'd keep is my UC. Because that took a long time and they just default to 0 during trades. It's enough of a base to get started if I ever feel like it too.

I've thought about this.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sure why not. You're aiming kind of low though. Then again, I want some cash for No Heroes Allowed Mega-Pack. That's a weird slope then, might even be against DoS ToS. I got a couple of SR and all those Jokers too.

Selling kinda is against the ToS, yeah, but I'd love a light joker if you got one of those lying around.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sure why not. You're aiming kind of low though. Then again, I want some cash for No Heroes Allowed Mega-Pack. That's a weird slope then, might even be against DoS ToS. I got a couple of SR and all those Jokers too. The only thing I'd keep is my UC. Because that took a long time and they just default to 0 during trades. It's enough of a base to get started if I ever feel like it too.

I've thought about this.

Well, I figured you were just frustrated and it was an empty threat. :p If you're really leaving for good, I'd take an SR or Joker.

Ventara

I've thought about this.

Oh, I might want to get in on this. What SRs do you have?

coolasj19

Well, I figured you were just frustrated and it was an empty threat. :p If you're really leaving for good, I'd take an SR or Joker.
Oh, I might want to get in on this. What SRs do you have?
We'll see what happens in the next 12 minutes and what emotions I feel after it. I'm in a good mood today. But rest assured, whenever I quit, the spirits are going to GAF. I have a Phoenix and an Irguluk. And I have like 8 Jokers of varying elements.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
We'll see what happens in the next 12 minutes and what emotions I feel after it. I'm in a good mood today. But rest assured, whenever I quit, the spirits are going to GAF. I have a Phoenix and an Irguluk. And I have like 8 Jokers of varying elements.

Well you have another 3 hours before you make that decision.

If you do decide to give away, can I have a joker? Earth or Wood maybe?

I've thought about this.

If you do quit and giving stuff away i would love a Earth Joker. But do think before you quit and start giving stuff away, you can start regretting it fast.

baekshi

Banned
Your jokers are mine.

B.O.O.M

What are these Joker characters you guys speak of, and why are you saving them?

Joker summons can be used as a method to limit break. For example usually you need the same summon to limit break but jokers is a way around that. Like Joker of wood can limit break any wood spirit

Amn

Neo Member

I wouldn't make any rash decisions myself, but if you do decide to liquidate, I've been incredibly unlucky in getting SRs... just saying.

MaxSanson

Neo Member
Hey guys. Tried to log in this morning with no success :(
Looks like I'll be restarting over my 30 days

Really enjoying the game otherwise and would love to add you guys for some spirit trades/giveaways

PSN: MaxSanson

Ventara

Limit... Break? :eek:

Like when you reach max level, you can actually level up past that by another 10 levels by fusing a Joker of the same element with it (or by fusing the same monster with it). But there's a limit. Once for commons, 2 for US, 3 for R, and 4 for SR.

Edit: Wth?! Maintenance is still going on? This really sucks. I'm starting to regret spending that $30 2 days ago.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Like when you reach max level, you can actually level up past that by another 10 levels by fusing a Joker of the same element with it (or by fusing the same monster with it). But there's a limit. Once for commons, 2 for US, 3 for R, and 4 for SR.

Edit: Wth?! Maintenance is still going on? This really sucks. I'm starting to regret spending that $30 2 days ago.

So if I have a SR that has a max level of 25, I can actually go up to... 65?

That's kind of awesome.

I wanted to play today :(

Ventara

So if I have a SR that has a max level of 25, I can actually go up to... 65?

That's kind of awesome.

I wanted to play today :(

Yup, that's right.

And I made a mistake, maintenance will end supposedly in an 1 hour 15 minutes, not 45 minutes ago.

I remember that one online game where they went maintenance, then it was extended suddenly. A day or two after: "We're officially shutting down the game. We've accidentally deleted the database."

NeededSleep

Got addicted to the game about 2 days ago. Only to not be able to access it all day. Is this common for it to have "emergency maintenance" all day?

Ventara

I remember that one online game where they went maintenance, then it was extended suddenly. A day or two after: "We're officially shutting down the game. We've accidentally deleted the database."

Oh man, if that happened, I would write off my $30 as a life lesson never to invest in these free-to-play online games. Damn, I could've bought FFX or Toukiden.

Got addicted to the game about 2 days ago. Only to not be able to access it all day. Is this common for it to have "emergency maintenance" all day?

No, this is the first time. There have been emergency maintenances before, but only a few hours.

putermcgee

Hope we do get something for all these emergency maintenance. Looking for 35 or 60 Destiny Orbs, but I'd really would like to have the loading times shorten tho especially when navigating through your spirits.
I think you have the right idea. I'd much rather have a faster, more stable game.

Yeah, but they dont need to rely on only cash orbs, summoning orbs are basically worth nothing. 5000 summoning orbs are 17 summons, which are, if you are lucky, 1 R, 5 UCs and 11 Cs. They wouldnt lose any money with a decent amount of summoning orbs on top of the cash orbs and raise the goodwill of their customers.
I think the confusion for some people is that you're calling Summoning Stones "summoning orbs." For short, I just say orbs, stones, and points for the three types of currency.

My guess is that it's the first major always online F2P experience for the team so they need a bit of time to get everything under control. That's understandable. It seems the game wasn't fully ready to come out of closed beta yet though.
Since this did come out before No Heroes Allowed: And No Puzzles Either!, I think they have mentioned in several articles leading up to the release that this was their first big jump into the F2P market. Gotta walk (and stumble a bit) before you can run, I guess.

Just remember all of the Destiny Summons we did together when you're thinking of who to trade your spirits to!

Selling kinda is against the ToS, yeah, but I'd love a light joker if you got one of those lying around.
Yup:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/ja/important/post_15.html

Ventara

So it's still not working, and I just noticed that they said they'll have more information by 3:00 UTC April 23rd (not 22nd like I thought), so does that mean the game won't be back up for another 24 hours? I hope that's not the case. I really would consider dropping the game if that was the case.

Amn

Neo Member
So it's still not working, and I just noticed that they said they'll have more information by 3:00 UTC April 23rd (not 22nd like I thought), so does that mean the game won't be back up for another 24 hours? I hope that's not the case. I really would consider dropping the game if that was the case.

I don't really understand this sentiment. Why does a day of downtime mean you want to stop playing a game you're otherwise enjoying?

gazele

Banned

Nah, that's like 40 minutes from now

If I put real money in this I'd probably be upset

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Man if I lose out on logging in 30 days straight for the trophy because of maintenance that is literally 2 days long I'll be really annoyed, honestly might just give up altogether. Got lucky as hell as it is to log in 10:00 at night yesterday.

Ventara

I don't really understand this sentiment. Why does a day of downtime mean you want to stop playing a game you're otherwise enjoying?

This type of game isn't like your regular games. It feeds on being constantly connected and having you check on it frequently, almost making it a routine. A 2 day break disrupts that routine, and loses interest in going back to the game, especially when you realize that the game really is just one big grindfest to sap your money. Not that hard to understand.

putermcgee

How incredibly reductive!

I guess it's just not as big of an issue for me since I have other games to play. Plus, I enjoy playing DoS when I can, and feel it's a cut above most F2P games. I think I've seen something new every day I've played, which is a driving force behind wanting to keep playing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I guess it's just not as big of an issue for me since I have other games to play. Plus, I enjoy playing DoS when I can, and feel it's a cut above most F2P games. I think I've seen something new every day I've played, which is a driving force behind wanting to keep playing.

I think people are just frustrated that they logged in for 25 days straight, with less than a week before a trophy, and then get screwed over by maintenance.

putermcgee

It's definitely frustrating. I've been logged in every day since launch as well.

I think I'll still be playing this game for a while, so if I don't get the trophy right away, it's no big deal. And if anyone is trying to get all of the trophies, I think they'll get the 30-day login trophy before the Spirit Master and Great Trainer trophies anyway.

What's frustrating for me is seeing some of the comments on Twitter about this maintenance. It's sad.

Amn

Neo Member
This type of game isn't like your regular games. It feeds on being constantly connected and having you check on it frequently, almost making it a routine. A 2 day break disrupts that routine, and loses interest in going back to the game, especially when you realize that the game really is just one big grindfest to sap your money. Not that hard to understand.

So you actually dislike the game but just play it because you're addicted? If that's the case I totally agree, you definitely should quit playing it. There are way too many games out there to spend time on something you don't actually enjoy.

Ventara

You mean seeing new spirits? That's not much of a driving force. But I guess it's enough for casual players who fit this game in with some other games. But it really starts to get repetitive if you've played for a while. There's a lot they could do to keep things interesting. Making a better Raid event would be nice. Seriously, beating them 300 times with nothing changing but the difficulty just for one Joker of Light?

So you actually dislike the game but just play it because you're addicted? If that's the case I totally agree, you definitely should quit playing it. There are way too many games out there to spend time on something you don't actually enjoy.

I am considering it, as I did mention. The game isn't devoid of fun, though; collecting the interesting spirits feels somewhat rewarding, as boring as the grinding may be. It really depends on how this game continues. If they just stick with the formula, I'll probably quit sooner than later. But if they actually work on improving the game, I might stick around.

Top Bottom