• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Cømet;128781008 said:
Nautica's shaping up great, I love a girl into science. Chromia started good and just kinda.....got worse. WB #4 is kinda whack.

Ha! I'm not gonna turn this into an IDW TF thread (wish one existed on GAF though...) but yeah, Nautica > Chromia.

DesertFox

I'm not sure how it works, but on Xbone you can either change your "time zone" or your "location". Changing your time zone just alters the time on the dash, but changing your "location" restarts your system and gives you access to that region's marketplace.

In my case, the New Zealand marketplace. My Destiny "timer" is currently set to unlock on Monday 9/8 at 7am CST. Game is preloaded.
Do you have to set that at time of purchase, or can you change that after the game has already preloaded from a different region?

Foxix Von

I, Sirim, Warlock, will personally make it my duty to carry your corpse over my shoulder through all my adventures, through thick and thin, to ensure that a Guardian such as you is not left behind as humanity reaches for the stars.

They will know and respect us across the entire system. You have my word Foxix.

Warlocks are weird.

But fine, I give you permission to do as you please with my bloated Titan corpse. Make me proud. Carry me to victory.

Literally.

Ah. Thanks, all.

I've seen some people wanting to start a campaign for Bungie to change the unlock time to 12am EST. I can understand why, but...well, if I had downloaded a digital copy, I don't think the three hour difference wouldn't matter much to me. I'd probably be sleeping anyway. No sense in getting tired wanting to play it.

Hell, I won't be able to play it until Tuesday afternoon PST.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Any idea if anything similar to the region-change trick that the Xbone guys are doing will work for our PS4 preloads?
It won't work for PS4 almost assuredly as it won't work for XBONE. Everyone keeps vaguely mentioning Diablo on XBONE even though that wasn't available for pre-load.

If you bought the US game you're waiting til 12am PDT 9/9 :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My release date delivery order from Amazon hasn't shipped yet and I am fully prepared to lose my shit.

Oscar

Do you have to set that at time of purchase, or can you change that after the game has already preloaded from a different region?
The latter, it's what I did.

If you already preloaded it, uninstall Destiny before changing your region under "Location" and then download it from the NZ marketplace.

Sirim

Warlocks are weird.

But fine, I give you permission to do as you please with my bloated Titan corpse. Make me proud. Carry me to victory.

Literally.
9mw0F2L.gif

My hype is rising to unhealthy levels. I can't wait for midnight Monday anymore.
I can't.

Btw, anyone else using this Upgrade deal? I'm picking up my PS4 version at Midnight and some Xbox Store Cash Cards so I can get the Digital 360 version and One version for the price of one to play with all of my friends.
Thank you,
Based
Bungie

I'm picking up the Upgrade deal.

Ah. Thanks, all.

I've seen some people wanting to start a campaign for Bungie to change the unlock time to 12am EST. I can understand why, but...well, if I had downloaded a digital copy, I don't think the three hour difference wouldn't matter much to me. I'd probably be sleeping anyway. No sense in getting tired wanting to play it.

If such a campaign starts, they've got it all wrong. They are aiming too low regarding the unlock time.

There should be incentives for people to buy in to digital. The hard part to understand is, why Sony doesn't see it that way. Digital right now means:

- pay the same as physical
- you can't sell the game
- pay immediately when ordering, in full (region dependent I think)
- no cancels or refunds (in North America at least)
- PLAY LAST (at least in this case)

The game should unlock everywhere for everyone at the same time. It should be less expensive, and should be preloaded (at least that part, Sony got right).

Oscar

It won't work for PS4 almost assuredly as it won't work for XBONE. Everyone keeps vaguely mentioning Diablo on XBONE even though that wasn't available for pre-load.

If you bought the US game you're waiting til 12am PDT 9/9 :(
I'm in the XB1 NZ glitch boat, I'll be sure to post an update if I'm able to play on 9/8 at 7am CST.

has anyone in nyc had any luck finding a place that broke the street date? going to check my usual place tomorrow, hoping they got it already. I'll report back here for all my new yorkers with the results. Also if you already got an early copy, mind sending me a pm with the location?

Agent

My release date delivery order from Amazon hasn't shipped yet and I am fully prepared to lose my shit.

Trust in Amazon. Most of the pre-orders I've ever placed have no activity until the day before release and I still get them on release day. It depends on where you live and where they have a fulfillment center, which these days are everywhere.

I have cleared two days off from work to enjoy the game. Really looking forward to digging in on Tuesday morning. Hope to see Destiny GAF on the battlefield!

has anyone in nyc had any luck finding a place that broke the street date? going to check my usual place tomorrow, hoping they got it already. I'll report back here for all my new yorkers with the results. Also if you already got an early copy, mind sending me a pm with the location?

From what I've heard you'll be out of luck until Monday.

rdrr gnr

If such a campaign starts, they've got it all wrong. They are aiming too low regarding the unlock time.

There should be incentives for people to buy in to digital. The hard part to understand is, why Sony doesn't see it that way. Digital right now means:

- pay the same as physical
- you can't sell the game
- pay immediately when ordering, in full (region dependent I think)
- no cancels or refunds (in North America at least)
- PLAY LAST (at least in this case)

The game should unlock everywhere for everyone at the same time. It should be less expensive, and should be preloaded (at least that part, Sony got right).
They are still beholden to retailers somewhat. The split is slowly starting to favor digital on consoles. It's worth complaining about, but it will be even more so if nothing changes in the future.

Sirim

Anyone here's name on PSN Fireclad? Just got that friend request and have no idea where it came from.

edit: Oh I see, sure thing buddy!

bGanci

Banned
Ah. Thanks, all.

It is not Bungie Locking the game till 3am EST, it's Sony/MS. A lot of people are taking time off for this game. Getting the game at midnight in your region is something that we have had since the beginning of midnight releases. It's just a bummer that we won't have it at midnight.

LycanXIII

I wish Amazon would just tell me if my Ghost Edition is going to be mine or not. I hate this "Not Shipped Yet" thing. My other games say "Pre-Ordered," why can't this one?

Been busy all day. Anyone know the answer?

Went with DGE on PS4, still getting "cannot download Vanguard Armory". I figured after the PS4 announcement regarding digital preloading it would fix itself. Anyone else still in the same boat?

Does deleting and re-downloading solve it?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/05/destiny-preload-now-and-prepare-for-tuesday/

Same here. Perhaps it is because there is nothing yet to download? Maybe the download link was added so that pre orders could claim it, but the armory does not go live until Monday? Anyone with a physical copy to verify?

GhaleonEB

Gamestop just called to remind me about my pre-order. I have the white PS4 bundle coming from Amazon. I don't remember pre-ordering Destiny at all, but I guess I should probably cancel it...

HighOnPCP

So...I just randomly checked Amazon (Germany) and they had PS4 Limited Editions. I ordered one but it says estimated shipping September 11th. That would be a deal breaker and I will stick with Standard Edition. I'll contact Amazon later and see if it will get here by Sep. 9th....either way I'm so hyped for Destiny I can't even.

Oscar

Right. The timer is system local. But when you go to play your, US copy is going to check with its US server and see it's only 7am 9/8. Changing your system's region doesn't change the game's region nor the store's region where the game was purchased from. That's what myself and the other poster are trying to tell you. The unlock is based off of the game's region, not your console's. The only way you'll be playing at 7am Monday is by buying a copy of the game from the NZ store.
After uninstalling my US copy, I switched my region to NZ and could view the NZ marketplace. I was able to download it from the NZ marketplace. We'll see if it works out soon, I'll definitely update. If it works, cool. Either way it's just a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom