• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figments

On Amazon!

Huh.

So it does.

By why is it all the way in November, for chrissakes?

That's close to the first expansion!

WHY?

It's just the estimate. Mine says it will be here on the 15th with priority shipping. Same thing happened with my Diablo 3 but it arrived on time.

Then I just got worked up for nothing. Oh well.

In other news, #TeamSpaceCowboys is a thing now. Y'all should start gettin' along, now.

Hmmmm

I think what I'm probably going to do during the first few hours of my playing Destiny will probably be strictly exploring and campaign missions.

Move on to strikes maybe when I feel like I'm at a pretty good place with my character. Though I may do strikes depending on who's available early on.

Figments

Hmmmm

I think what I'm probably going to do during the first few hours of my playing Destiny will probably be strictly exploring and campaign missions.

Move on to strikes maybe when I feel like I'm at a pretty good place with my character. Though I may do strikes depending on who's available early on.

Join the Crucible and then mow people down with Golden Gun.

Stoze

Hmmmm

That's probably what I'm gonna do as well. I'll probably do each strike once or twice as I move through the story missions and planets to get some extra exp and gear.

Hmmmm

From what I recall in the beta, things seemed to open up and progression came naturally. There didn't seem to be too many forks in the road early on, and it seemed as I recall pretty close to what you just described.

Monday morning!

Trace

Banned
From what I recall in the beta, things seemed to open up and progression came naturally. There didn't seem to be too many forks in the road early on, and it seemed as I recall pretty close to what you just described.

Monday morning!

Pretty much. Just story as it goes, grab a bounty and do a strike, then more story.

Lee

I'm hoping my brother stays up to play with me. Regardless, I'm going to take it slow and steady, from the character screen into Old Russia.

I'm going to do my best not to die, well, forever. Shouldn't be that hard if I make an effort not to be stupid.

If I find a beautiful autorifle or a hand cannon with a proper buff, I will play a few crucible rounds before logging off just as my kids and wife are waking up, which is when I french press myself a huge mug of coffee and play dad.

Afrodium

Banned
I've only got a few hours to play on Tuesday before I go to work, and it bums me out that I'll probably just get past the Beta content before I have to turn it off... and that's if the servers are even going to be up on Tuesday morning.

Does it make me a bad person that I won't mind if the servers are down just so that I'm not out of the loop? Yeah, I guess it does... Sorry Destiny GAF.

Lee

Monday morning!

It'll be interesting to see if the moon unlocks without having Devil's Lair completed.

I've only got a few hours to play on Tuesday before I go to work, and it bums me out that I'll probably just get past the Beta content before I have to turn it off... and that's if the servers are even going to be up on Tuesday morning.

Does it make me a bad person that I won't mind if the servers are down just so that I'm not out of the loop? Yeah, I guess it does... Sorry Destiny GAF.

May the Cryptarch forever turn your engrams into level 5 gear :)

9nDmLZu.png

Claimed!

mcfrank

I hope this works for you, but I doubt it will. If you've already pre-loaded/downloaded the game from the US Marketplace, that game is tied to the US Marketplace rules/settings (English Language/Midnight Pacific Unlock/Whatever else). Changing your region isn't going to suddenly change the unlock, just like changing your region to Japan isn't suddenly going to replace the language/subtitles in the game with Japanese ones, even if the game page in the Japanese store says "Language: Japanese" - just like this game page now says the early unlock time. Does that make sense?

I think a safer bet would be to uninstall the preload, hard reboot, change region to AUS/NZ, go to the AUS/NZ marketplace page for Destiny, hit manage, install, and you should be downloading the AUS/NZ version of the game, which I believe has a better chance of unlocking early.

Maybe I'm wrong and it's a lot of extra work for nothing, in which case I apologize, but that's what makes the most sense to me.

This makes sense, but changing the region changed the listed unlock time for me when I go to my games. It now says 12 NZST so it did have some effect.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
This makes sense, but changing the region changed the listed unlock time for me when I go to my games. It now says 12 NZST so it did have some effect.
But think about it. Do you really think ms or Sony would base the actual unlock on the local system time? Maybe the countdown sure. But almost certainly US copies will unlock at the designated US time. We'll see but frankly I would be flabbergasted.

Haven't looked or bothered with all of the codes posted in the thread so far. I know there are some hidden throughout the Ghost edition and I wanna find them myself.

It'll be interesting to see if the moon unlocks without having Devil's Lair completed.

Good question.

I guess I would absolutely do Devils Lair first anyways. It's going to be an easier strike relatively speaking, and I might need a drop from there to 'move on', as they say.

But yeah I wonder too. Would you do DL first anyways?

Sirim

mcfrank

But think about it. Do you really think ms or Sony would base the actual unlock on the local system time? Maybe the countdown sure. But almost certainly US copies will unlock at the designated US time. We'll see but frankly I would be flabbergasted.

Yes, how else would they base it? The xbox one is region free and as far as my xbox is concerned right now, it is sitting in New Zealand.

Wookieomg

Got more avatars for peeps, if they want to rep GAF, Xbox or PlayStation.
For some reason the black version isn't quite as clean.
I can also do any variation at request.

fO7L95v.png
9nDmLZu.png
nCRvDmz.png

ngiLmq3.png
MxnRuSV.png
VWKXyJ2.png

Thanks for this! Grabbed one and edited my avatar to incorporate it.

My hype is steadily rising. Much like Cthulhu from the depths.

C'MON MONDAY NIGHT. FUUUUUUUU

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Answer me this one serious question - do hunters get cowboy hats?
If the answer is yes, I might consider rolling a hinter instead of a warlock,

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yes, how else would they base it? The xbox one is region free and as far as my xbox is concerned right now, it is sitting in New Zealand.
XBONE is region free but the games are not. Even more so digital copies of region specific games. You pre-load a US region game and the game unlocks at that time in the US. Buy a NZ region game and it unlocks at that time. Furthermore if they were using system local time why not just unplug from the Internet and set your time to next Tuesday? I'm not being facetious or even mean.. Just saying I wouldn't get your hopes up at all. In the world of preloads it almost seems like the very very very first thing you would check for as a developer... Just saying.

Edit - more than likely it sends a request out to a server to see "if it's time". Server says "yup" and sends an unlock key back to the game. Because it's a US copy of the game it's going to check with the server in the US. etc. It has nothing to do with the time on your system but if the game receives the unlock from your platform's regional store, something that won't happen until that region's unlock time.

Monday night waiting thread will be hilarious.

Good to know I can respec on the fly, but locking feels permanent in a good way IMO.

So happy to see the patch is still in the ghost edition. An earlier unboxing didn't show everything.

I hope we get tons of streams or at least a new video on Monday since we won't get reviews. I want to keep the hype ship flying high.

I'll be working on the night of release. but have the next day off (=D). Will be picking it up on my way back home (for the great amount of $24, ty Target). Gonna pull a 30+ hour no sleep...
Hopefully some GAFers will help beat the sleepiness by doing some strikes

Monday night waiting thread will be hilarious.

Good to know I can respec on the fly, but locking feels permanent in a good way IMO.

So happy to see the patch is still in the ghost edition. An earlier unboxing didn't show everything.

I hope we get tons of streams or at least a new video on Monday since we won't get reviews. I want to keep the hype ship flying high.

You can always watch the early streamers broadcasting gameplay. *cough* There will be a lot of us I suspect.

Oscar

XBONE is region free but the games are not. Even more so digital copies of region specific games. You pre-load a US region game and the game unlocks at that time in the US. Buy a NZ region game and it unlocks at that time. Furthermore if they were using system local time why not just unplug from the Internet and set your time to next Tuesday? I'm not being facetious or even mean.. Just saying I wouldn't get your hopes up at all. In the world of preloads it almost seems like the very very very first thing you would check for as a developer... Just saying.
I'm not sure how it works, but on Xbone you can either change your "time zone" or your "location". Changing your time zone just alters the time on the dash, but changing your "location" restarts your system and gives you access to that region's marketplace.

In my case, the New Zealand marketplace. My Destiny "timer" is currently set to unlock on Monday 9/8 at 7am CST. Game is preloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom