• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

GobFather

I got the Digital Guardian Edition for Destiny. There were so many different versions from Ghost to Limited Edition.... I hope I made the right decision lol!

Wait if you buy a physical copy at midnight here in EST time zone, you can play it right away? Is it only the people who got it digitally that have to wait?

holy shit holy shit...i have no idea if this is true. But over on good ole gamefaqs, someone on the 360 board said that gamestop is going to start handing out digital codes for people who bought it digitally at 6PM on Monday. Theoretically, if this is true, you would be able to download the game then and play it correct? This has to be in violation of breaking street dates, but awesome if true. All the OP said is that the employee he was talking to made several calls to back it up.

Calm down there. Lol. People will merely be able to download the game when they pick up a digital code at 6pm. Not play. With the game being a pretty big download and the preload already available now...that actually seems like a poor option. I guess for those people who want to get it with gamestop store credit or something, it's makes sense.

Who would win in a fight master chief or a titan?

Master Chief.

Due to surgery done to his eyes, his reflexes are 300% faster than a normal human being. Combined with his muscle strength and Mjolnir, this is raised to astronomical levels.

Due to Ceramic Bone Ossification, Spartan II's Bones are considered practically unbreakable, but there are instances where Spartan's bones are broken.

Calm down there. Lol. People will merely be able to download the game when they pick up a digital code at 6pm. Not play. With the game being a pretty big download and the preload already available now...that actually seems like a poor option. I guess for those people who want to get it with gamestop store credit or something, it's makes sense.

I think my post got jumbled in my excitement. I was mainly talking about on 360(because that is what I am buying it for). Xbox 360 does not have preordering or preload. If something is in the marketplace database or whatever, and u have a code, u can usually download it and play it. Gamestops website also says downloadable at 12 CST

Sirim

Master Chief.

Due to surgery done to his eyes, his reflexes are 300% faster than a normal human being. Combined with his muscle strength and Mjolnir, this is raised to astronomical levels.

Due to Ceramic Bone Ossification, Spartan II's Bones are considered practically unbreakable, but there are instances where Spartan's bones are broken.
We don't know what the Traveler's space magic has done to Titans, though.

I think my post got jumbled in my excitement. I was mainly talking about on 360(because that is what I am buying it for). Xbox 360 does not have preordering or preload. If something is in the marketplace database or whatever, and u have a code, u can usually download it and play it. Gamestops website also says downloadable at 12 CST
If you're right, then there lies the catch.

Gotta play it on the 360 to benefit. Which in the end is a net negative when you consider that you have to play it on the 360 to benefit.

Heroman

Banned
How can you kill what is already dead? RIP Master Chief.
the correct answer is Warlock
2420772-4041132961-mj-la.gif

HighOnPCP

wait what? you can pre-order download codes at Gamestop? why on earth would you do that?! only thing I can think of is pre-order bonuses. did I just answer my own question?

Then I would expect the code would not work until 360 XBL made it go live. So whenever someone hits a switch, or the standard 5am EST Tuesday.

Rflagg

I should really get a nice headset, anything worth while cheaper than the golds? I would actually prefer wired so I could use them for all audio late at night, and not worry about battery life. I am a cheap ass so $100 seems like so much for a headset. :/

We don't know what the Traveler's space magic has done to Titans, though.

If you're right, then there lies the catch.

Gotta play it on the 360 to benefit. Which in the end is a net negative when you consider that you have to play it on the 360 to benefit.

Welp, thats where my friends are and that is where I will play. It would just be nice to get the xbox one version from my 360 purchase as well. My friends are getting it physically, so I am trying to find away to get it digitally at the same time so I can play with them at midnight

Trace

Banned
I should really get a nice headset, anything worth while cheaper than the golds? I would actually prefer wired so I could use them for all audio late at night, and not worry about battery life. I am a cheap ass so $100 seems like so much for a headset. :/

Get the golds on sale. I've seen them down to $40 at one point, and between $60 and $80 is not that uncommon.

Gold headset is $80 on amazon right now.

why wouldnt u be able to play the 360 version? Stuff is usually on the dashboard before it shows as live. It doesnt have an unlock time or countdown like other consoles do. It doesnt even have preordering. Usually if u can download stuff, u can play it

Bungie said servers won't be open till it hits 9/9. So no matter if you buy it early or whatever, servers will still be closed.

Heck a lot of people have the game right now just waiting to be played lol. Watching a timer tick down

Sirim

Welp, thats where my friends are and that is where I will play. It would just be nice to get the xbox one version from my 360 purchase as well. My friends are getting it physically, so I am trying to find away to get it digitally at the same time so I can play with them at midnight
Why would this help you out? If what you're saying is true about codes working early, then surely that would also mean at midnight your code would work right away as well?

SHIT...I have realized I need to go back to first grade about the time they have listed on their website. Its 12 NOON CST on 9/9 listed as the download time on their website. Still, I dont know about the code actually being able to work if u get it from the store at 6 PM. With my past on xbox 360, I am still going to assume that it is going to work

I'll just call mine tomorrow and ask if they know anything about this

Foxix Von

I'm pretty sure that like the Elites you can also use the Gold headsets with a standard 3.5mm cable.

Sirim

the download times on 360 are insanely long
Not sure about 360, but on PS3 many digital versions of games are distinctly recognized as the "digital version", so I wouldn't be surprised and also expect that either

A) Download codes won't be active until midnight,

or

B) If you try to start the digital game, an error message will pop up, since the licenses for the distinct digital versions of the games haven't been activated yet.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Amazon is selling the Skullcandy SLYR for $55. I don't know how it is for audio since all the reviews I've read focused mainly on the chat aspect but it seems like a good headset for the price. I ordered a pair yesterday myself.

Rflagg

Get the golds on sale. I've seen them down to $40 at one point, and between $60 and $80 is not that uncommon.

Gold headset is $80 on amazon right now.

I'm pretty sure that like the Elites you can also use the Gold headsets with a standard 3.5mm cable.

Alright getting form walmart since price since price is same and can get the local store to price match their online site this will ensure I am set for Destiny. Please don't make fun of my voice dgaf I am mad self conscious and have never been able to use a mic in a game before.
Hope they are everything people claim them to be.

Edit:
Amazon is selling the Skullcandy SLYR for $55. I don't know how it is for audio since all the reviews I've read focused mainly on the chat aspect but it seems like a good headset for the price. I ordered a pair yesterday myself.
my cheap side finds this very appealing, doing some research thanks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
nah, toss on combustion and you can get more than 3 kills with a golden gun
WHAT

I've mostly stayed out of this thread so I missed that bit of info. Dang, that makes the golden gun subclass way more appealing.

robo

Although it says in the OP that Vanguard Armory is available with all preorders I feel like the marketing team has done a bad in regards to this especially in the UK. I preordered my limited edition from Zaavi and they don't say much, does anyone doubt that it won't be there?

All le have the vanguard pack, only the SE from game has it though, as an exclusive. You should be fine.

Alright getting form walmart since price since price is same and can get the local store to price match their online site this will ensure I am set for Destiny. Please don't make fun of my voice dgaf I am mad self conscious and have never been able to use a mic in a game before.

I think people who would make fun of the way you talk would not be the sort of people you would want to play with anyway.

Trace

Banned

Don't worry we are nice people here that would never make fun of you.

Unless you pick a class other than Titan.

Sirim

So, I haven't had the time or motivation to buy a proper headset and won't have one in time for Destiny.

I'm getting the White PS4 bundle and will be using the included headset that comes with it.

How serviceable is it compared to the Xbox 360 standard headset? I don't care much for the stereo headsets like the Gold Headset or Turtle beaches or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom