• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTacos

I hope bungle nerfed the hell out of the golden gun, its so much bullshit

The gunslinger golden gun is the only super that can be dodged. The user only has 3 shots, 1 kill each, so there's no reason to nerf it. It's already at a disadvantage of sorts.

So, I haven't had the time or motivation to buy a proper headset and won't have one in time for Destiny.

I'm getting the White PS4 bundle and will be using the included headset that comes with it.

How serviceable is it compared to the Xbox 360 standard headset? I don't care much for the stereo headsets like the Gold Headset or Turtle beaches or anything.
Find some quality earbuds ASAP. Its extremely basic.

Foxix Von

I'm actually kind of irked that I have to get the physical LE. I've developed this weird rule about never buying physical copies of online only games. I've got way too many useless boxes lying around as it is. I hate knowing I'll be buying something that is basically a coaster on a timer.

So, I haven't had the time or motivation to buy a proper headset and won't have one in time for Destiny.

I'm getting the White PS4 bundle and will be using the included headset that comes with it.

How serviceable is it compared to the Xbox 360 standard headset? I don't care much for the stereo headsets like the Gold Headset or Turtle beaches or anything.

prepare to have your ear canal destroyed as it digs into you

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This, golden gun can kill 3 max. Titan hulk smash can kill an entire team if they're grouped up.

Catching an entire team grouped together is rare. At least for me, the real value of Fist of Havoc was as a Get Out of Jail free card when I catch myself surrounded by 2-3 people. That was basically free lunch.

WHAT

I've mostly stayed out of this thread so I missed that bit of info. Dang, that makes the golden gun subclass way more appealing.

Golden Gun has some perks you can add that make it the best super in the game IMO. Maybe it's not as "frabjous" as Bladedancer but I think people are really sleeping on the potential of Gunslinger.

Vooduu

The gunslinger golden gun is the only super that can be dodged. The user only has 3 shots, 1 kill each, so there's no reason to nerf it. It's already at a disadvantage of sorts.

Playing the Iron Banner against and even AS a hunter... it's fucking awesome lmao. I got a looooong kill streak with no deaths during one match.

Trace

Banned

Horrible. If you have literally any alternative I would use that.

Rflagg

Don't worry we are nice people here that would never make fun of you.

Unless you pick a class other than Titan.

Pretty sure My main will be titan I wanted to like warlock, but they didn't jive as well with the way I play in beta.

Foxix Von

prepare to have you ear canal destroyed as it digs into you

It's shit.

Oh my God is it ever shit.

Sirim

Anyone have any ideas on where I could go before Tuesday to buy a 360-ish headset with a standard jack for PS4?

Vooduu

Yea they fucking suck. Not an exaggeration by any means.

gatti-man

Catching an entire team grouped together is rare. At least for me, the real value of Fist of Havoc was as a Get Out of Jail friend card when I catch myself surrounded by 2-3 people. That was basically free lunch.

Golden Gun has some perks you can add that make it the best super in the game IMO. Maybe it's not as "frabjous" as Bladedancer but I think people are really sleeping on the potential of Gunslinger.

I killed 5 at once with the titan smash. It was beautiful. But yeah that's super super rare.

Foxix Von

Pretty sure My main will be titan I wanted to like warlock, but they didn't jive as well with the way I play in beta.

Yeah don't worry about it. We're all a bunch of nerds anyway. Hell if it makes you feel any better know that I've got generalized anxiety disorder and that I'll probably be sweating bullets just talking to you. :D

And yeah I'm with you on the titan thing. I've fiddled around in all the classes and I always find that I tend to run into things blindly while punching and shooting things with a shotgun. I could try to play with magic, or attempt to be stealthy, but really the titan is the only class that accommodates my baser urges to just punch and shoot things til they die.

Foxix Von

Best Buy, Wal Mart/etc. anywhere really. It's a standard headset. You could use earbuds from an iPod if you want.

No, don't do this. iPhone headsets have their ground all backwards from a standard jack and it can result a constant mic hiss/noise for anyone on the other end of you.

So basically anywhere. Ahh they will probably be way too expensive but it has to be done. Destiny midnight can't be done in agony and frustration.

you become numb to the pain of the ps4 headset eventually...
I still use it because im too cheap

Rflagg

Yeah don't worry about it. We're all a bunch of nerds anyway. Hell if it makes you feel any better know that I've got generalized anxiety disorder and that I'll probably be sweating bullets just talking to you. :D

And yeah I'm with you on the titan thing. I've fiddled around in all the classes and I always find that I tend to run into things blindly while punching and shooting things with a shotgun. I could try to play with magic, or attempt to be stealthy, but really the titan is the only class that accommodates my baser urges to just punch and shoot things til they die.

I am just stupidly shy especially around people I don't know.

HAHA you summed up my base urges perfectly.

NoTacos

Best Buy or target. Ear buds with a mic on the wire also work.

I'm currently using the Razer Kraken Pro White headset and the sound/ mic quality is very clear. I don't use wireless headsets anymore because there are so many wireless routers in the vicinity that all the wireless interference keeps cutting out the sound.

Sirim

No, don't do this. iPhone headsets have their ground all backwards from a standard jack and it can result a constant mic hiss/noise for anyone on the other end of you.
I'm not a fan of anything that goes into my ear anyway, so I avoid those kind of headsets from the get-go.

Looks like I'll be adding one of these stores to by shopping list during tomorrow's Ready for Destiny shopping day. Other items include lots of soda to keep me awake, food so I never have to leave my room, a porta-potty, and paying off Destiny.

Sirim

You can buy one of these they're pretty cheap and they sell them at most major retailers
Hmm I'm usually not a fan of inner-ear things...but I need something cheap yet serviceable to hold me over until I can pick out a good headset to stick with in the long run.

How are they? And are they comfy?

Vooduu

I own a pair of Astros and I still liked that lil earbud that came with the PS4, I don't get the hate for it. Everyone could hear me fine.

kttcolisas1
Uh huh...I too own Astros.
kttcolisas2

pixxxelz

Hmm I'm usually not a fan of inner-ear things...but I need something cheap yet serviceable to hold me over until I can pick out a good headset to stick with in the long run.

How are they?
They get the job done, I haven't used them on ps4 though but those are the ones I use for party chat on vita I would assume they work the same on ps4

Trace

Banned
Honestly never heard of those.. Are they godly?
kttcolilupe

I won them at a LoL tournament once. They're alright as far as USB headsets go. I have a better combo of Audio Technika M50s and a Blue Nessie mic, but I'm too lazy to plug those into my PS4.

Vooduu

I won them at a LoL tournament once. They're alright as far as USB mics go. I have a better combo of Audio Technika M50s and a Blue Nessie mic, but I'm too lazy to plug those into my PS4.

I want some badass gaming headsets. Anybody got recommendations?

My Astro A40 wireless ain't cutting it with all the cables and shit.
JLP8Dot.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, GG definitely seems better than BD to me. Less flashy, more deadly. The thought of having six rounds for GG just has me reeling. It was already pretty solid. Destiny PvP is going to be SUCH a different game between launch and the end of the year.

Trace

Banned
I want some badass gaming headsets. Anybody got recommendations?

My Astro A40 wireless ain't cutting it with all the cables and shit.
JLP8Dot.png

It has no mic, but I can't recommend the Audio Technica M50s enough. Had them for years and they're freaking amazing. Build quality is godlike.

I won them at a LoL tournament once. They're alright as far as USB headsets go. I have a better combo of Audio Technika M50s and a Blue Nessie mic, but I'm too lazy to plug those into my PS4.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I use Creative Aurvana Live! headphone with a Zalman ZM mic. I just this splitter to plug both into my DS4, works like a charm.

You have the old or new M50?

I thought the DS4 doesn't output stereo though?

I'm fairly certain they do. I had no problems with directional hearing, especially with Last of Us.

Trace

Banned
You have the old or new M50?

I thought the DS4 doesn't output stereo though?

I thinkk the old M50s.

And if the DS4 doesn't output stereo then never mind, I dont think I've tried them more than once.

The best review ever.

I feel like it was a test for their reviews or something that accidentally got pushed to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom