• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vooduu

I thinkk the old M50s.

And if the DS4 doesn't output stereo then never mind, I dont think I've tried them more than once.

Yea because the sound is better coming from my astro mixamp than the actual controller too. You'll be amazed!

It's just my set up isn't necessarily wireless like the A50's, I still have cables everywhere.
kttcolideadmanny

Shoeless

I want some badass gaming headsets. Anybody got recommendations?

My Astro A40 wireless ain't cutting it with all the cables and shit.
JLP8Dot.png

The SteelSeries H is a very good, all around wireless 7.1 headset, and it'll work on the PS4. On the downside, it normally sells for $300.

Trace

Banned
I don't see any content in that review, even the cache.

Here's the Content:

Destiny is great!! Review

destiny blah blah

by Lark Anderson on September 5, 2014

yey

The Good
good game
The Bad
inescapable fate of humanity
Masterpiece

Clockwork5

Yeah someone just told me to Google Anderson's Destiny review then I saw the 10. Since I heard that review copies are not received until Monday I thought there would be an explanation.

All this GAF talk is getting me all hyped up. Considering getting Sony's Gold headset (even though I already have their first PS headset).

It's GTA5 hype levels all over again...

This game definitely has the things going for it to at least garner a few 10s from review sites:

Big budget AAA title
Prominent developer in the industry
Backed by a publisher with tons of money

This, golden gun can kill 3 max. Titan hulk smash can kill an entire team if they're grouped up.

But our experience is with a bunch of lv 8s running around. What if the golden gun suddenly doesn't kill a 1000 armor Titan running around throwing barriers to allies?

PVP will be interesting due to all the many teams that can be made with combinations of subclasses. Defender Titans throwing down barriers to cancel out another titans smash or a golden gun barrage or a warlocks super.

Should be fun! And I'm not even into PVP lol. Only played in the Beta for the iron banner sash and cloak

gatti-man

I don't care about reviews for destiny but it would be nice if they are all 10/10 goty must buy blah blah just so we can see the salt flow.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This game definitely has the things going for it to at least garner a few 10s from review sites:

Big budget AAA title

Most important part.

I haven't read a game review in years and I don't plan on starting again but I imagine Destiny will review pretty well.

That fake gamespot review is weird. Review copies go out on Monday, so why would this happen. Maybe they got it earlier like ign did. I saw a videos of Greg Miller and many others unboxing the limited edition.

Big budget AAA title

Didn't the Walking Dead get a lot of GOTYs? And Assassin's Creed has all of those, but never makes it out of people's top ten. I think the Bungie name (more so than your other two criteria) holds the more weight.

Hmmmm, VERY TEMPTED to go reserve the new CoD just for the Blacksmith shaders. I kinda hope they can be bought later in the game at some point though.

The SteelSeries H is a very good, all around wireless 7.1 headset, and it'll work on the PS4. On the downside, it normally sells for $300.

w6LbwPm.png
Keep them coming Destiny GAF, need googling suggestions.

THIS. I got the steel series last month and LOVE THEM. Cant wait to try them in Destiny. Quality is great and they have a spare battery that the receiver charges for you. Only con is that its a single set of inputs so you would have change inputs for each device. But that doesn't bother me. I have multiple optical cables and usb mini cables. Also if you wear glasses these are so comfortable even with them on and lightweight.

Didn't the Walking Dead get a lot of GOTYs? And Assassin's Creed has all of those, but never makes it out of people's top ten. I think the Bungie name (more so than your other two criteria) holds the more weight.

Was just talking about it from an industry review perspective. User reviews may vary, as always, no matter the criteria.

That fake gamespot review is weird. Review copies go out on Monday, so why would this happen. Maybe they got it earlier like ign did. I saw a videos of Greg Miller and many others unboxing the limited edition.

They got it early, but servers are not up till Monday. My guess is it was a test of their review template with the hopes of filling it in Monday through Thursday and get out a review by Friday. That way they can get the clicks of everybody getting ready for the weekend and deciding if they want to pick up a copy.

Gold headset is legit.

Only thing to note is that there is a weird chat setting that causes static out of the box. I thought my headset was faulty until I turned it off.

Pop

So, I haven't had the time or motivation to buy a proper headset and won't have one in time for Destiny.

I'm getting the White PS4 bundle and will be using the included headset that comes with it.

How serviceable is it compared to the Xbox 360 standard headset? I don't care much for the stereo headsets like the Gold Headset or Turtle beaches or anything.

Vita In ear Headset for like $15. Great quality and the sound is fantastic.

NoTacos

Hmmmm, VERY TEMPTED to go reserve the new CoD just for the Blacksmith shaders. I kinda hope they can be bought later in the game at some point though.
I cancelled my preorder because I wanted digital and they weren't giving codes out till Monday night. Lost out on the red speeder, but put an order in for CoD AW for the shader code. Not getting CoD though, I just wanted the code.

So here's a lesson for you, Destiny GAF... if you change your payment method on something you preordered months and months ago on Amazon, you will lose your free guaranteed release day delivery.

My order is now scheduled to arrive on Thursday. Currently on the phone, hoping they can fix what I see as an error in their system.

Heads up for whoever is getting Destiny at Target: free 6-pack of 16oz coke and a Astronaut Ice Cream (Destiny branded) for whoever gets it at Target. What a deal!

MidEvlDed

So here's a lesson for you, Destiny GAF... if you change your payment method on something you preordered months and months ago on Amazon, you will lose your free guaranteed release day delivery.

My order is now scheduled to arrive on Thursday. Currently on the phone, hoping they can fix what I see as an error in their system.

This happened to me with Diablo 3 even though I have prime. I figured that is what happened though. Lesson learned.

Sirim

Thanks for all the headset advice/suggestions everyone!

And now, I bid you goodnight. Seeya in the daylight, GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom