• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiiikoo

Banned
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4: For a long time, I had my eye on these. Wireless, all kinds of features you'd expect from high end headphones plus low price ( Currently $109.99 on Amazon )

The only problem is that the reviews are pretty mixed. I'm not familiar with Turtle Beach, so I can't say much else.

I bought the PX4 when I got my PS4 and didn't like them at all. They aren't comfortable (atleast not on my head) and the sound is pretty weak. I bought the Gold Headset (which is completely wireless, unlike the PX4) and I'm really glad I did. Much better in my opinion. But if it is at all possible, I'd suggest you try some headsets before buying and save yourself from disappointment.

eRyS0vn.jpg

10/10

90 pages and the game isnt even out yet.

Im gonna be honest, I thought this game was going to be a bigger flop than titanfall.

From what ive seen now I think this game is going to be a smash hit, but part of me worries what that will mean in the future regarding offline games.

Still, much as I dont like what destiny represents it doesnt change the fact it looks like its a damn fine game that will do well.

Karl Hawk

Banned
90 pages and the game isnt even out yet.

Im gonna be honest, I thought this game was going to be a bigger flop than titanfall.

From what ive seen now I think this game is going to be a smash hit, but part of me worries what that will mean in the future regarding offline games.

Still, much as I dont like what destiny represents it doesnt change the fact it looks like its a damn fine game that will do well.

To be honest, I was always a believer since the reveal from February 2013. Even when people almost gave up on the game before the Alpha and the Beta were released, I always believed that Bungie will make a kickass online-centric action shooter.

Straid

If it will sell millions (probably it will) the gaming industry is gonna see something like "hey, we don't have problems with online only games, so please, make more of them".

Karl Hawk

Banned
Hey Marvel, can I mention how awesome you are for posting those wrestling gifs many pages back? I always get amused when I remember them. ;)

I'm heading somewhere far to work for the week. If I'm lucky, I might do a last-minute preorder of the game for the bonus stuff, maybe at Best Buy.

Should I go for the LE if I get the chance, or just stick with standard?
Either way, I have a PS3. I may get a PS4 later and go for the upgrade.

Marvel

could never
Hey Marvel, can I mention how awesome you are for posting those wrestling gifs many pages back? I always get amused when I remember them. ;)

Glad I could make you smile my man ;]

Should I go for the LE or just stick with standard?

Does the LE tempt you with anything it has? that is the Q.

I'm a sucker for that kind of packaging and hard cases and stuff. I'm also dying to get my paws on the folio the most. Plus you do make a small saving on the Expansion passes if you will be buying them in the future, might as well go LE.

malfcn

Here's the Content:

Destiny is great!! Review

destiny blah blah

by Lark Anderson on September 5, 2014

yey

The Good
good game
The Bad
inescapable fate of humanity
Masterpiece

Sounds like they are ready to be the "first" review come release day.

I'm heading somewhere far to work for the week. If I'm lucky, I might do a last-minute preorder of the game for the bonus stuff, maybe at Best Buy.

Should I go for the LE if I get the chance, or just stick with standard?
Either way, I have a PS3. I may get a PS4 later and go for the upgrade.

All limited edition codes are out in the wild. Unless you really want the steelbook and the cardds, I'd say go with the standard edition

robo

All limited edition codes are out in the wild. Unless you really want the steelbook and the cardds, I'd say go with the standard edition

only the reuse ones,

the important single item ones like vangaurd armory access and weapon/armor ones aren't.

robo

oh and morning everyone, been up since 6:50, busy day cleaning up before she who must be obeyed gets back :(

still sun is shinning and its one less sleep to playday.

erawsd

Yeah someone just told me to Google Anderson's Destiny review then I saw the 10. Since I heard that review copies are not received until Monday I thought there would be an explanation.

There are def review copies already out there. Jeff Gerstmann has been playing all weekend. It wouldnt surprise me if the other big sites like Gamespot, IGN, ect have them also.

Xater

That's how it seemed to be in the beta.

It's almost like in any other MMO, no one wants to play the tank. I can see this being a problem for raids because I am pretty sure you will totally need the shield power.

It actually makes me wonder if I should pick a Titan at first. I will probably be in high demand for groups.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
man i don't know what to do. want that white ps4 but don't think i can justify the expense. getting it on ps3 seems ludicrous though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've been re-watching Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey I had saved on my DVR
So fucking good, really kept my Destiny fix in check, only 2 days more!

Camper182

remember that destiny psn unlock glitch back when the alpha was going on ? yeah, well, sony just took 70 euros from my wallet, nice... wasn't so free after all lol

Now, this will probably sound paranoid but, now that I noticed someone else has brought it up, did the preload download and install unusually fast for anyone else? I can't help but feel as if the whole thing didn't download right and the OS merely thinks it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom