• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

The next few weeks/months on Destiny's GAF reception is gonna be very interesting

The people who bash it now for little to no reason will continue to do so. The people who are hyped to play will continue to enjoy playing it.

I think there will be very little in between and very little change.

Hopefully I'm wrong and those who doubt the game are swayed and those who love the game can see any major flaws as such.

Another /r/DestinyTheGame post: Don't let the Darkness win, make sure to take breaks and stay active!

If you're anything like me, you made sure to take Tuesday off from work, stocked up on your favorite gaming snack and beverage, and are patiently waiting Destiny's launch. However, there is a danger lurking waiting to strike when you least expect it: Deep Vein Thrombosis.

When you've been waiting so long for a game to come out, it's easy to sit there playing and lose track of time. Before you know know it, hours have flown by, with you still just sitting there on the couch. This is where the danger comes in. But making an effort to stay safe is easy! Simply make sure to take a break often. Get up, go for a walk. Do some quick leg exercises. Basically, just stop sitting and get moving!

Remember, it's hard to be the first to conquer the Vault of Glass when you're dead. And since most of us don't have access to a Ghost or Peter Dinklage, there is no reviving. Sorry for bringing the mood down so close the moment we've all been waiting for, but this is a condition which gamers are a prime target for.

Stay active, stay safe Guardians!

EDIT: As CiosAzure points out, "Also, stay hydrated." That is also hugely important. Drink plenty of water.

found this post after i just moved a sofa in front of my TV and bought a bucket of junk. >.>

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Can't believe in less than 2 days this baby will be out. Seems like I have been waiting forever. Gonna miss this feeling of anticipation in a way. I think the next game that will get me this hyped, or more, is only going to be Persona 5. That doesn't even have a concrete release date or any real details out yet... But a guy needs something to look forward to in the gaming life :p

I think the next huge game for me is Arkham Knight assuming it comes out Q1 2015. If Arkham and Destiny came out the same day, I'd have a hard decision to make.

anyone got things they're trying to clear before Tuesday (besides work or school or something like that? I have these two music reviews I was asked to do by tuesday but that's the prophesied day.

Yu Narukami

Looking at the GAF user list for each console is hilarious.

Xbox 360 - 15
PS3 - 34 (including myself)
Xbox One - 151
PS4 - 617

December needs to hurry up, I can't upgrade soon enough.

Hey I'm playing on PS3 too. I sent you a friend request a while back.

If you think i'm leaving my couch for any amount of time Tuesday you are mistaken!

brb installing bicycle pedals into my footrest

Perfect. So I'm going to die on Tuesday.

N4EVoOK.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
anyone got things they're trying to clear before Tuesday (besides work or school or something like that? I have these two music reviews I was asked to do by tuesday but that's the prophesied day.

I did everything I needed to do last week. My schedule through Wednesday could not be more clear.

Yu Narukami

I saw some Grimoire Cards from Bungee employees with, spoiler locations,
Jupiter
and
Saturn
. I wonder what that means.

Lee

Titan I think

I'd say the Titan.

While all three classes have fairly equal footing on melee abilities, the Titans' other abilities place him as a CQC/Brawler which make melee a good part of combat.

What? Even ignoring the fact that Hunter Bladedancer has a SUPER melee ability, let's recap some of it's upgrades:

• Blink Strike - extended range melee
  • Backstab - Melee from behind does more damage
  • Escape artist - Melee makes you invisible
  • Quickdraw - Weapons ready immediately after melee
  • Hungering blade - Kills with arc blade or blink melee immediately regenerate health

I just don't see how this is up for debate...

Limited PS4 avail on Amazon again, but every time I add to cart, it says error. Was picking up for a buddy.

Figures a few copies would be opening up on Amazon after the reveal of the Upgrade deal. That's what happened to my order. Sorry, Amazon.

Ps3 version fully preloaded, will have to wait to load the Ps4 version until release morning. But since characters/progress are cross-gen, that's not much of a problem!

neoism

Haha, so I'm not the only one who's going to try that. The game unlocks at 1 AM for me, and I'm wondering how feasible it'll be if I go to sleep at 7-9 PM and wake up at 1.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'll be too hyped the whole day to rest.

I'm going to try to add a lot of people today. I don't suppose there's any way to add PSN friends on the PSN website itself? That would definitely speed things up.

My PSN is SeventhRecon , by the way. Will be playing on PS3, eventually PS4.

the playstation app YO! :D :p

I think the next huge game for me is Arkham Knight assuming it comes out Q1 2015. If Arkham and Destiny came out the same day, I'd have a hard decision to make.

You know this is actually a good question for everyone on this thread, which game do you think will get you as hyped or more than you were for Destiny?

In my case, it's Persona 5, in Chamber's case it's Arkham Knight. What about the rest of you DGAF?

Deku Tree

Why am I following 112 people and I have 77 followers on Bungie.net?
I never requested to follow anyone... does it auto populate with gamers from the Destiny GAF clan? Or from my PSN friends list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom