• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just pre ordered the game on PSN and went to preload it. It downloaded I think a 120mb update file and a 180mb game file. Both have finished downloading. Now, the game has its own thumbnail like normal games, and has a timer on it. Is it still downloading the rest of the game or do I have a glitch?

It's still downloading.

Killzig

Lord_Shaxx.png

coconut armor confirmed?

naVA2yV.jpg

Watching the live action trailer I get such a massive original Gears trailer vibe from it. Man, this game is going to blow up in the mainstream. Going to sell so many PS4s......

Dark- still downloading. Highlight the game in XMB, press Option then Information.

Thanks bud!!! I'm officially on the train. To be honest, I was actually unhyped until the live action trailer. Then somehow, I got really hyped, also after reading the the bungie weekly update that talked about high level gear and a bunch of complicated stat mechanics.

tmac456

back to my LE or SE dilemma

i'm fairly confident my Target store will get a couple LEs in. I have a 20% coupon for the SE(specifically says does not apply to collectors editions)

but i could get a LE + 15% off due to employee and red card discount.

why am i so poor at making decisions like this?

X-Frame

Just saw this Tip on reddit:

I didn't know about this, so I'll probably hold some.

Wow. I had no idea that's how they worked. Thanks for the tip!

This is exactly what I plan on doing. All of us who pre-order get early access to the Vanguard Armory, which are Level 10 weapons so "better" than all of what we had available to us in the Alpha and Beta, which should be enough to hold us over for quite a bit.

I plan on stock-piling all my engrams and fitting as much into my Vault as I can until I hit 20.

undecided

After buying Diablo 3 digitally and playing it so much on Vita.. I have seen the light.

Add me to the group canceling my Amazon order and going digital.

You need to unlock and equip Encore to keep using the acr blade

For stealth, these

Thank you, I wasn't sure if I could only choose one modifier or something like that as I didn't play the beta. That makes the choice between warlock and hunter much harder.

sebco

I just pre ordered the game on PSN and went to preload it. It downloaded I think a 120mb update file and a 180mb game file. Both have finished downloading. Now, the game has its own thumbnail like normal games, and has a timer on it. Is it still downloading the rest of the game or do I have a glitch?

Same boat here, anyone else know the deal with this?

vypek

Haven't been keeping up with everything. Damn school is messing up my schedule. I don't know if this has been answered or talked about but...during character creation, can you rotate your character 360 degrees? I remember making a female character in beta and gave her a hairstyle that I thought would like nice and it wasn't when looking from behind. lol

Also, what the hell Amazon, ship my copy! lol

Does GAF have some subgroups that will allow for mediore/poor players? I want to play for fun and don't think I'll be able to keep up with hardcore/hyper-skilled players.

Trace

Banned
Just saw this Tip on reddit:

I didn't know about this, so I'll probably hold some.

I might do this with rares or better, I doubt any green engrams I get will be better than anything else I have at level 20 and I'd rather have the chance for some good gear now.

Same boat here, anyone else know the deal with this?

It downloads the rest of it after the Destiny "game" is installed. Check the Info section in the Destiny Options menu.

Namikaze1

Press options on Destiny game app, click on information, should show game is downloading in the back.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
between the fur, horn, and spinal column gauntlets, i'm afraid bungie needs some lessons in the ethical treatment of animals.

Kvik

I wasn't in the DestinyGAF when the beta was on, but now that I do, the Clan tag should be next to our PSN Id or XBL tag, right? Like seaxnet<DGAF>, something like that?

If so I'll probably add you guys in the Tower whenever I see DGAF tag, hope it's alright :)

I gotta get better weapons. The weapons I had in the beta sucked. The Fusion Rifle is such a pain the ass. The charge is so long and if you miss, you'll be dead before you can take another shot.

Magwik

Banned
Go into the store, check Destiny and then go into addons. Find the Vanguard section. Personally it said I already had it downloaded/completed it even though I got an "error" when it tried to download it earlier.

Only the expansion pass will show up for me when I go there.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I'm ready for a 20+ hour marathon of Destiny

Breaking my healthy/losing weight, just for a week, time to feast!

Got a 16oz & 12oz Red Bull
Some chips to OM NOM NOM Wise - Kettle Cook (Deli Style), Sour Cream and Chives, Party Mix, and Tostitos Scoops with Hot Sals )if run out, pop open the Jug of Sabra Salsa from Costco, $4 for a pound+ of salsa
Vanilla Waffers 2 stacks
Green Apple Soda (So Delicious ; ;)"
rYvf27O.jpg

A few cans of Vanilla Cream Shaq soda
Few bottles of Gatorade
A 64 oz Mug (Coca Cola brand) filled with 2 trays of ice + filled with Water
This mother fucker:
SJECvJel.jpg

Chef Boyardee Raviloi cans (4 cans)
1.5 lbs of Turkey + Shredded Lettuce from my deli (it's shredded thinly sliced, like hair)
Loaf of Semolina Sesame Bread (Panera)
Chinese Food shop (all this for < $15):
AhFBLhwl.jpg

Oh maybe home cooking like this (Pakistani food):
Pakistani Spiced Crisp Potatoes:
http://i.imgur.com/OKY1NcZl.jpg[img]
Pakistani Spiced Marinated Chicken Thighs & Legs:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/PMczTzOl.jpg
Masoor Daal infused with Fennel Seed Oil:
RFb46Jfl.jpg

So I'm set for the week, let's do this

Who wants to come over to Graves house and die gorging delicious nutrients for your tummy + play visually/audio that is Destiny

DVT (deep vein thrombosis) or Bust!

XBP

Just got a call from my local EBgames telling me there is going to be a midnight launch for destiny and I'm definitely going to go. This would be my first midnight launch so I'm rather excited, :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom