• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey guys

do you think there will be any visual or gameplay enhancements compared to the Beta? or is the Beta pretty much what we can expect the final version to look like?

Just wondering if Bungie added in some alien blood effects and improved the AA.

would make a world of a difference in my opinion.

Soooo... No one knows when the 360 digital version goes live? :\

My friend wants me to get that version so I can play with him on 360 until he gets his X1, since I still would get the X1 version for free as well via the upgrade program. But I don't know how much I want to do it given that I haven't even seen if it goes live on the 9th, let alone at midnight...

Tovarisc

do you think there will be any visual or gameplay enhancements compared to the Beta? or is the Beta pretty much what we can expect the final version to look like?

I would expect Beta and Live to be very similar when it comes to graphical fidelity. They always can do some optimisation and tweaks, but beta most likely was about live quality.

There was already blood splatters in Beta ;)

What about digital?

9th, 3AM EDT for U.S.

9th, 00:01 AM BST for EU

afaik anyways

edit: EDT, not PDT. I was corrected below :)

Hey guys

would make a world of a difference in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be minor changes, but I'm pretty sure the only significant difference will be the X1 version jumping from 900p to 1080p.

hagege_s

Banned
Here in France a lot of people (including me) have Destiny since saturday. But it's useless, we can't play, servers are not up yet. I don't even know why they shipped (Amazon for me) copies this early (maybe too many preorders, I don't know...).

Here in France a lot of people (including me) have Destiny since saturday. But it's useless, we can't play, servers are not up yet. I don't even know why the shipped (Amazon for me) copies this early (maybe too much preorders, I don't know...).

Be happy that you can jump in at 2 PM, most people here are still waiting for their retail copy.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Here in France a lot of people (including me) have Destiny since saturday. But it's useless, we can't play, servers are not up yet. I don't even know why the shipped (Amazon for me) copies this early (maybe too much preorders, I don't know...).
You should be able to play in an hour.

MMaRsu

I would expect Beta and Live to be very similar when it comes to graphical fidelity. They always can do some optimisation and tweaks, but beta most likely was about live quality.

There was already blood splatters in Beta ;)

9th, 3AM EDT for U.S.

9th, 00:01 AM BST for EU

afaik anyways

edit: EDT, not PDT. I was corrected below :)
And in how many hours is that for the US store? I preordered from there but im the eu.

gunstarhero

Titans will rip shit up in this game. Don't feel sorry for us.

HYPE IS EXISTENT

Yeah - why is everyone down on the Titans? I was planning on rolling with one after using a warlock in the Alpha.

Titans punch people in the face. Punching faces is cool.

Here in France a lot of people (including me) have Destiny since saturday. But it's useless, we can't play, servers are not up yet. I don't even know why they shipped (Amazon for me) copies this early (maybe too many preorders, I don't know...).

You need internet connection for single player as well?
that;s stupid

You need internet connection for single player as well?
that;s stupid

Not stupid. You have to understand how Destiny works.

At any point in the game you can be alone and a stranger can show up seemingly out of nowhere. It's a shared world experience. There is no isolated single player anything in Destiny.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So I've bought the PS3 Digital version of Destiny, and its downloaded whatever to the XMB.

When can I then claim the PS4 version now? Tomorrow at some stage?

LAA

Well I just got Destiny LE! (Down to a mistake, as a cancelled order got shipped, but that arrived today, and I've cancelled by Amazon UK order, hopefully should go through in time)

I can confirm it comes with Vanguard, at least it does to me, which is awesome. I did suspect it, but good to see the code pamphlet for sure. Leather book has an awesome finish too.

Does anyone know when servers go online in UK? I get the stinkbug error when I try playing now.

Klyka

Banned
I'll switch my PS3 version to a 360 version after seeing the comparison vids in that one thread here. Looking forward to (hopefully) picking it up this afternoon

Kane1345

1405751025559.gif
Well, time to keep refreshing this page until then.

So, the game will unlock for me tomorrow at 8am. I should be at work at 9am.

Anyone else notices a small problem here?

:(

I'm in the same boat, my version unlocks tomorrow at 9:00 am, and at 10, I get my wisdom teeth removed. YAY. The good thing is, got the whole week to play destiny.

Carn82

its happening!

Onderstaand(e) artikel(en) uit uw bestelling met bestelnummer 8346560160 van
02 september 2014 hebben wij overgedragen aan de bezorgdienst. ..

Sony PlayStation 4 Console 500GB + 1 Wireless Dualshock 4 Controller + Destiny - Vanguard Edition+ 30 dagen PSN Plus Voucher - Zwart PS4 Bundel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom