• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
In beta "Patrol" was called "Explore". It's basically open world part of Destiny where you can freely roam zones of different planets and do quests on them, collect raw materials for upgrades etc.

In beta it already felt little bit eh and empty at times. It looks to be even more empty nor in live which isn't good.

Yeah in the Beta it was just tedious and boring missions. Bummed out that they didn't tweak it to make it more interesting. Maybe they'll be better missions when you get to patrol other planets but kinda doubting that.

janee-meadows.jpg

Please tell me I can buy a giant version of this so I can frame it on my wall

Damn, totally spoiled something cool by watching a stream for like 15seconds!

not upset about it, just totally picked the wrong stream to watch!

EDIT: I am for sure going sunslinger. I've never had so much trouble picking a class in a game before. I'm normally called to something right away.

Tovarisc

Less people have the game which means people aren't coming across other Guardians as often. The reason I believe Bungie didn't want reviewers to have copies earlier than today.

Unless you're saying there's less mobs/activities.. which would be really weird.

I was talking about mob density yes. In GB's stream they were in areas of Old Russian, in Patrol, that were really nicely packed with mobs during beta and now they were basically empty. Barely 3-4 enemies lurking around.

Maybe Bungie has changed amount of mobs to scale with amount of players in X sector of whole zone? Hopefully.

b0bbyJ03

been trying to figure out what class to play... i usually like medium to long range combat... like assault rifles. do the classes affect this? is there a better class to use for this type of combat?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I almost feel we should restart the thread now/once its actually out. So much "junk" up to now for any newcomers to the thread.

Mr.Fresh

Can't wait until tomorrow! At work all day today and it sucks! Add me on PSN Ace_235 went Hunter in the beta gonna go Titan in the full game.

been trying to figure out what class to play... i usually like medium to long range combat... like assault rifles. do the classes affect this? is there a better class to use for this type of combat?

All classes can use all guns. You can use an assault rifle with any class.

I was talking about mob density yes. In GB's stream they were in areas of Old Russian, in Patrol, that were really nicely packed with mobs during beta and now they were basically empty. Barely 3-4 enemies lurking around.

Maybe Bungie has changed amount of mobs to scale with amount of players in X sector of whole zone? Hopefully.

Hmm.. that does sound really weird. I never felt overwhelmed in Explore/Patrol solo.. so I don't get why they'd tune the mob density down.

bombshell

Mob density is exactly the same as in the beta. They just do not respawn nearly as quick when you kill them as they did in the beta. I like that, because they respawned way too fast in the beta.

Wouldn't talking about this be a spoiler?

its something I wish I didnt see.

Its strange these websites are streaming like literally everything. I would have thought they would stream just the first couple of missions or so and then just pvp for a bit, then cut the stream...Not spoil the whole game

Tovarisc

its something I wish I didnt see.

Its strange these websites are streaming like literally everything. I would have thought they would stream just the first couple of missions or so and then just pvp for a bit, then cut the stream...Not spoil the whole game

They are basically streaming their reviewing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom