• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

1. Glimmer is main currency for buying upgrades, gear, vanity stuff etc.

2. Materials like Spinmetal (there is others too) are raw material that can be used for upgrades, sold for cash or reputation. I would hold on to them and use them for gear upgrades when needed.

3. Token [Vanguard or Crucible] are gained by doing quests for them, PvP etc. You can gain 100 / week. Used to buy gear.

4. Motes of Light are "end-game currency" that are gained through gaining XP at level 20. Used to buy gear.

5. There is also items called "Strange Coin" that you should hold on to :)

Thanks. Isn't rep more important than upgrades, though? Is there a reason to upgrade weapons if they're not legendary or the top rank?

Respect

what's that?

During the Beta on the far right of the talent trees there was a "lock" option for your spec, was supposed to make you choices for the subclasses permanent, but give boosted stats...recent info seems to indicate this is now gone, but was never confirmed.

I guess if there's nothing to explore they can hardly call it explore mode.

More like patrol mode where all you do is shoot creatures and do boring missions.

Technically I think that would be more exploring than patrol. If it's that boring.

There's clearly plenty of real estate to explore, but little of interest to patrol.

Stoze

Here's the thing about Patrol missions, though.

Like, for sure, it sucks that you have to go into a separate mode and not just chip away at them while doing story stuff or whatever, but it seems like they've just formalized grinding. It's repetitive but you're creeping towards cooler shit.

The thing is, based on the beta the patrol missions weren't even that good for grinding. The best way to get exp and gear was replaying the level 8 strike. The randomized missions themselves were only good for getting materials. We'll have to see if that's changed in the full game.

Cuphead

Banned
During the Beta on the far right of the talent trees there was a "lock" option for your spec, was supposed to make you choices for the subclasses permanent, but give boosted stats...recent info seems to indicate this is now gone, but was never confirmed.

Oh I haven't noticed, I'll keep an eye out.

what's that?

I'd pay a lot of money for that..

Lock in is an option you have once you spec your subclass build the way you want it. Locking in your choices gives you a boost to health/recovery/speed and grants you a copy of that same subclass which levels up faster. Is this still in the game?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'd frame it too, which is why I wouldn't want it included with the game because the creases would suck. It should be in their store.

If there's a higher res version, could probably get it printed at a FedEX Kinkos and then frame it.

Kajiba

janee-meadows.jpg

My iphone wallpaper as of now.

TUSR

Banned
So do the Wireless Gold headsets transmit the game audio when plugged into the controller/wirelessly?

As in I don't need speakers with my monitor?

Pierate

Should be getting my (PS4) Limited Edition tomorrow, so excited dammit.

Probably going Hunter, Bladedancer sounds like fun.

How is the loading times for the game compared to the alpha/beta? I understood long loads for the open world stuff, but I never understood why crucible matches took as long as they did. Hope they fixed that.

The thing is, based on the beta the patrol missions weren't even that good for grinding. The best way to get exp and gear was replaying the level 8 strike. The randomized missions themselves were only good for getting materials. We'll have to see if that's changed in the full game.

Yeah. We'll see. I haven't played the Beta so I really don't know.

Tovarisc

Thanks. Isn't rep more important than upgrades, though? Is there a reason to upgrade weapons if they're not legendary or the top rank?

If they haven't changed how much rep / spinmetal you get then turning them in for rep isn't worth it. You would need so sick amounts of it that you are better off by doing 1-2 quests or PvP matches and get way more faction rep.

Holding on to it for possible upgrade use was better than low value turn ins.

And yes, it's beneficial to upgrade your armor and weapons. You get stuff like better sights, larger mags, easier to control recoil, can carry more ammo, more armor etc.

IronRinn

What the heck, just checked the status of my Amazon order for the Ghost Edition and it's saying delivery date is Thursday? I thought Prime got release date delivery?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So do the Wireless Gold headsets transmit the game audio when plugged into the controller/wirelessly?

Yeah, there's a setting where you can make it chat only or game audio + chat.

MMaRsu

Technically I think that would be more exploring than patrol. If it's that boring.

There's clearly plenty of real estate to explore, but little of interest to patrol.

It sucks because I was really hyped during the alpha and beta. The only reason I really want this is pvp....

E92 M3

If they haven't changed how much rep / spinmetal you get then turning them in for rep isn't worth it. You would need so sick amounts of it that you are better off by doing 1-2 quests or PvP matches and get way more faction rep.

Holding on to it for possible upgrade use was better than low value turn ins.

And yes, it's beneficial to upgrade your armor and weapons. You get stuff like better sights, larger mags, easier to control recoil, can carry more ammo, more armor etc.

What I meant is wouldn't be better to hold on to upgrading until you get some of the better weapons in the game since there will always be better loot coming.

How is the loading times for the game compared to the alpha/beta? I understood long loads for the open world stuff, but I never understood why crucible matches took as long as they did. Hope they fixed that.
From what I have been reading here, based on the Twitch streams, it appears to be exactly the same.

Weird. I have a disc copy of the game and I'm able to play. However, when I try to make game clips, it doesn't show them on Xbox.com. I can upload them through the YouTube app, but they show up as "Video" instead of Destiny.

J-P

Neo Member

Audio is transmitted wirelessly via a usb dongle. If the headset battery is dead you can plug them into the controller for audio via a provided cable.

What the heck, just checked the status of my Amazon order for the Ghost Edition and it's saying delivery date is Thursday? I thought Prime got release date delivery?
Mine says Weds the 10th. Ordered it via Delivery Date shipping too. Contacted them and they said to just wait it out. Seems they can't do much once it's out the door. Hope my PS4 version comes on time at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom