• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

I'm ready. Let's do this.

iw3NfHHf7Q4VG.jpg

PSN id is is wispy_scoundrel

uh oh, I see laurels

Kyle Bossman will not be happy

Ugh. I took Monday to Wednesday off for Destiny. I shouldn't have taken today off. Work would have made it to by faster.

This thread is killing me!

We rally should have an OT2 by tomorrow.

Ok so I almost made a huge mistake, I was going to get the PS4 version online and accidentally bought the PS3 version and panicked, but I forgot it's free to get the PS4 version from that.

But it isn't showing as already bought or free or anything like that, do I have to wait until it actually comes out on PS4 first?

Boogdud

Yeah, you could tell Jeff wasn't super into it.

Either way, I do think his points are fair and are similar things that got noticed with the beta.

He's trying his best to decide which reaction will give him the most leverage, between being a fanboy or a hater.

Seijuro

Fucking hell, Amazon UK. When you gonna start shipping? >_<

They shipped my copy two hours ago, though it was with another carrier than my usual orders... (And as an untrackable letter, not as a package as usual). Delivery estimate is next monday!! (to Austria, EU)

Vire

Jeff doesn't like The Last of Us, Halo, or Dark Souls and likes Syndicate.

So, I really don't care for his opinion on games at all. I like watching Giant Bomb for entertainment, but I don't exactly go for them for opinions. Particularly Jeff's...

Tubie

Live from Playstation is like all Destiny streams right now, the top watched being the IGN stream with 2900 viewers.

The hype is real guys. I think I've only seen this level of hype with GTAV.

Respect

Ok so I almost made a huge mistake, I was going to get the PS4 version online and accidentally bought the PS3 version and panicked, but I forgot it's free to get the PS4 version from that.

But it isn't showing as already bought or free or anything like that, do I have to wait until it actually comes out on PS4 first?

Believe you can only upgrade after the 9th, so not yet.

Wil348

So I've been playing the game all afternoon, and while I'm enjoying it, it's a bit boring at times. Though I've been playing on my own so it could just be that.

Are any Gaffers Best Buy employees that know how many of the free t-shirts each store should be receiving for the midnight release? I called my local store, but they had no idea.

Jeff just said he played over 4 hours and is still not sold on the game.

He has mixed feeling and keeps saying "I don't know man".

The game didn't blow him away so far.

I'm not surprised. I wasn't blown away by the beta, nor will I likely be blown away by the retail release. It'll be fun for a few months, though, then I'll trade it in right before Sunset Overdrive releases.

Anton668

yes

man, so many people playing already. I still have 28 hours before my copy gets here. I guess the one positive thing is that the servers wont be flooded all at once.

-NeoTB1-

It's not often I get this excited for a game, but after playing the Alpha and Beta extensively I can safely say I am still hyped. Welcome back, Bungie! I've missed you.

def sim

I'm surprised the beta was actually the very beginning of the game. I thought it was a vertical slice with many things taken out. I was expecting more exposition and characters.

Klyka

Banned
So I've been playing the game all afternoon, and while I'm enjoying it, it's a bit boring at times. Though I've been playing on my own so it could just be that.

It's like Warframe. Being a space ninja is fun but when you play alone for a while it ets a bit boring. But when you play with 4 other dudes and you all destroy hordes of enemies together, even without any chat between you,it's way more fun. Play with friends in voice chat and it becomes brilliant.

I'm surprised the beta was actually the very beginning of the game. I thought it was a vertical slice with many things taken out. I was expecting more exposition and characters.

It's more of a shooter than an RPG

Sylas

Maybe. Who knows

It's a pipe dream, but I'd like to see any person who doubted against Destin to publicly apologize to Bungie. It's ridiculous, I know.

Posts like this worry me.

I am thoroughly excited to play Destiny but I'm afraid the hype train has left me behind. It's a video game that will be fun. I'm really glad everyone else is hyped, though!

Jeff doesn't like The Last of Us, Halo, or Dark Souls and likes Syndicate.

So, I really don't care for his opinion on games at all. I like watching Giant Bomb for entertainment, but I don't exactly go for them for opinions. Particularly Jeff's...

Well, that's not entirely true. He acknowledges that Dark Souls is a good game, it's just not for him apparently.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Posts like this worry me.

I am thoroughly excited to play Destiny but I'm afraid the hype train has left me behind. It's a video game that will be fun. I'm really glad everyone else is hyped, though!

Because even after the beta, people are still doubting against Bungie.

Seriously, am I the only one who feels Destiny will have a great post-launch support just like their Halo games?

I'm gonna let you all down easy.

The next OT title will not be "The Last Guardians" (because I don't know what that is) and will not be "Guardians of the Galaxy" (because I haven't seen that).

Well, that's not entirely true. He acknowledges that Dark Souls is a good game, it's just not for him.

He also never said that he doesn't like Halo (I'm pretty sure he just said he has never been a huge fan of the series) and he also acknowledges The Last of Us as a good game, but it's just not for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom