• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton668

welp, time to go sleep to kill some more time.....

then spam F5 on the UPS tracker for no good reason.
(they should team up with google earth and put a tracking chip on your package so you can watch it in real time! lol )(dear cripes I really need to stop now...)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What does Jeff not like about it?

Not watching any streams because spoilers

He wasn't sold on a lot of the mission design. Patrol mode ones feel super generic, story ones kept amounting to having the ghost do ____, have you defend it. Also didn't seem like he cared for the existence of the hub when he was playing with Brad.

Load up the stream, Jeff's on a mission that wasn't in the beta. First thing I see is him deploying the ghost to scan some machine while the player has to defend against a swarm of hive flooding in. I'm actually starting to wonder if that's 90% of the missions, just with slightly different room setups.

Seventy70

If this game wasn't made by Bungie and didn't have huge marketing behind it, I doubt anyone would even bat an eye at the release. Looking at this game and something like Fuse, I don't see much of a difference in terms of being bland and repetitive. Sure, Destiny is fun to play with friends, but you could play pretty much any shitty game and it would be fun with friends. If they had at least made the universe interesting, I would think it was worth playing, but sadly, it's the exact opposite.

MaxiLive

Jeff is great when it comes to opinions on mainstream games especially if you are expecting positives, he burnt out on mainstream long ago and even then his "meh" actually means pretty good. He has been like that for years now but before you would have Ryan or Vinny nudging him to get a positive out of him which would be there but not something he would actually comment on without being prompted.

Karl Hawk

Banned
If this game wasn't made by Bungie and didn't have huge marketing behind it, I doubt anyone would even bat an eye at the release. Looking at this game and something like Fuse, I don't see much of a difference in terms of being bland and repetitive. Sure, Destiny is fun to play with friends, but you could play pretty much any shitty game and it would be fun with friends. If they had at least made the universe interesting, I would think it was worth playing, but sadly, it's the exact opposite.

Ughhhh....

Deku Tree

So you've been playing the game for a while already?

hamchan

Jeff doesn't like The Last of Us, Halo, or Dark Souls and likes Syndicate.

So, I really don't care for his opinion on games at all. I like watching Giant Bomb for entertainment, but I don't exactly go for them for opinions. Particularly Jeff's...

He reviewed both Halo Reach and Halo 4 and gave them both 4/5.

Trace

Banned
I'm gonna let you all down easy.

The next OT title will not be "The Last Guardians" (because I don't know what that is) and will not be "Guardians of the Galaxy" (because I haven't seen that).

What about "The Last Guardians of the Galaxy"

Dax pls.

Load up the stream, Jeff's on a mission that wasn't in the beta. First thing I see is him deploying the ghost to scan some machine while the player has to defend against a swarm of hive flooding in. I'm actually starting to wonder if that's 90% of the missions, just with slightly different room setups.
Can you guys please not talk about what you're seeing in the streams?

I'd rather find out myself.

I would be prepared to do that a lot.

I mean Halo is Start at point A and get to B and press X so Cortana can download/hack open door etc.

its a video game.

i don't really see how that's a knock. I played the alpha and the Beta and its probably my most anticipated game in 5-10 years.

LordofPwn

I'm gonna let you all down easy.

The next OT title will not be "The Last Guardians" (because I don't know what that is) and will not be "Guardians of the Galaxy" (because I haven't seen that).

So no "Hitchhikers' Guide to The Last Guardians of The Galaxy"?
What about "We're going to need a bigger spaceship"?

stufte

Please, do give us your in-depth review since it seems as if you've already completed the game.

PusherT

So how big is the digital download on Xbox 360? I have the old 20gb edition but want to download destiny just in case I upgrade to a Xbox one. So does anyone know the size on Destiny 360 download?

And how many people are going to be playing on last gen?

Just had to cancel my Limited Edition preorder off Amazon because it wasn't going to arrive until Thursday, even though I was promised release day arrival. Whatever. I saved myself $40 bucks.
I wanted that steelbook :(

Cuphead

Banned
For anyone wondering about that lock-in I dont see any option on the skill tree page.

But I could be easily looking in the wrong spot.

Killzig

Is it really spoiler for him to say there's a mission where he defends an area while enemies flood in or are you just taking an opportunity to remind folks not to get too specific? I'm asking because I am honestly curious where the line is and because I could/would have very easily crossed it / gotten into some trouble if folks are this sensitive to spoilers.

Seventy70

So you've been playing the game for a while already?

I watched Jeff play it for four hours and am currently watching Brad. If the levels haven't changed in four hours then how do you expect me to believe that it will change at all? I would love to be proven wrong, but with what I've seem so far it seems like a game that gives you guns, enemies, and...... that's about it.
Please, do give us your in-depth review since it seems as if you've already completed the game.
They haven't shown anything that stands out to me like I expected it to. I never claimed to have beaten the game either. I played the alpha and the beta and also watched the streams. How much more time do I need to give to this game? It seems like an alright game, but nothing groundbreaking that any other studio couldn't come up with.

Footos22

bTuS4UH.jpg

Chooo choooo

That was about as non-descriptive as it could possibly be and it was the same description as every mission you did in the beta. If the fact that every mission I've seen is the exact same setup as every mission you've played in the beta is a spoiler in and of itself, I apologize.

Edit: forgot to quote post I was responding to.

Just had to cancel my Limited Edition preorder off Amazon because it wasn't going to arrive until Thursday, even though I was promised release day arrival. Whatever. I saved myself $40 bucks.
I wanted that steelbook :(

Should have called amazon. I changed my payment method last week and they fucked my shipping date up. A quick call to amazon and they apologized profusely and set it back to release day where it should have been.

Vire

He reviewed both Halo Reach and Halo 4 and gave them both 4/5.

And? He's been consistently on record of not really liking the series. In the recent PAX panel he talked about how uninterested he was in MCC because he doesn't have that much affection for the franchise.

I don't really care what he likes and doesn't like, I'm just saying based on his taste, I wouldn't exactly go to him for game reviews.

Jobbs

Banned
I preordered on PSN. it downloaded a 300-ish meg file and an update file, and that's it. how do I preload the whole thing?

Cømet

Banned
I watched Jeff play it for four hours and am currently watching Brad. If the levels haven't changed in four hours then how do you expect me to believe that it will change at all? I would love to be proven wrong, but with what I've seem so far it seems like a game that gives you guns, enemies, and...... that's about it.

I spent 20 hours in Old Russia during the beta. Why would four hours of the same area be representative of the whole game?

I watched this Jeff guy's stream for a few minutes. He bitched about not being able to use the speeder in the hub, and how he wished the hub was a set of menus instead, and then I closed the window.

Euron

I'm really sorry if this has been answered a lot already but do we have a definite answer for how many areas are in the base game?

Last I heard there was Old Russia, the Moon, Mars, Venus, The Crucible, and social areas like the Tower and the Reef.

But that is not a complaint at all. I put at least 25 hours combined in the alpha and beta and am really looking forward to this.

Also #TeamWarlock

Vire

I preordered on PSN. it downloaded a 300-ish meg file and an update file, and that's it. how do I preload the whole thing?

It should do it automatically in the background.

Go to storage space in system settings and see if it's downloading.

Irnbru

Stop the fucking presses guys, a game that's most likely than not has a huge meta game isn't the best thing since sliced cheese to a guy who has the most fucking "acquired" tastes in presses 4 hours in. Cancel all the pre orders! All of them! But seriously, you've all played the beta... lol

Sylas

Because even after the beta, people are still doubting against Bungie.

Seriously, am I the only one who feels Destiny will have a great post-launch support just like their Halo games?

But... a public apology is a bit much for a video game. Who cares that much? I'm sure the game will have great post-launch support and will be fantastic and will have a fanatical following just like Halo. But, uh. Yeah. People are allowed to dislike the game.

Cuphead

Banned
I'm really sorry if this has been answered a lot already but do we have a definite answer for how many areas are in the base game?

Last I heard there was Old Russia, the Moon, Mars, Venus, The Crucible, and social areas like the Tower and the Reef.

But that is not a complaint at all. I put at least 25 hours combined in the alpha and beta and am really looking forward to this.

Also #TeamWarlock

This may help
Destinypedia

But... a public apology is a bit much for a video game. Who cares that much? I'm sure the game will have great post-launch support and will be fantastic and will have a fanatical following just like Halo. But, uh. Yeah. People are allowed to dislike the game.

People disliked WipEout. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom