• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

After seeing that epic artwork, i couldn't help but apply it to an old game box.

Iuf8Q55.jpg

Brb, died, gotta rewind the tape.

Fantastic!!!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Because even after the beta, people are still doubting against Bungie.

Seriously, am I the only one who feels Destiny will have a great post-launch support just like their Halo games?

You mean Halo 2 SMG starts, Halo 3 AR starts, poor implementation of DLC and Oddball Swordbase?

Duxxy3

Can anyone restart my hype for this game? I sort of lost it after the beta. It just seemed too piece-meal right from the get-go. I dig the MMO-social aspect married with an FPS, but I fear it may be "just another shooter" in sheep's clothing. I mean, it's an Activision published game with not one, but two expansion packs already announced before release, and the campaign doesn't seem to be heavy on exploration. The hubs from the Beta got pretty repetitive fast.

All I'm asking is if this is a deep game that will last me a while, or is this more of Activision bait and switch, hook em and milk em kind of game?

I think that what you saw from the beta is what the game is. It's not bait and switch.

Reven

So the PS4 Limited Edition keeps popping up occasionally on amazon and I want to get it, but even if you choose next day shipping it says the earliest you can get it is the 11th. I wish I was able to order it on Sunday when it was guaranteed release day delivery.

Cuphead

Banned
Backtracking doesn't bother me in co-op experiences, messing around with friends distracts from the repetitive aspects of it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hey wow look another complaint WE ALL HAD from the alpha/beta!!!

Maybe Bungie really did sit around and do jack shit with community feedback :/.

Yeah, I'm absolutely flabbergasted Bungie didn't restructure the game in the 6 weeks since the beta ended.

Klyka

Banned
So my PSN is "Klyka1" (cause I had totally forgotten I once had a Klyka account but that one is gone now)

I don't have any friends who care about this game so it would be great if some PS4 players could shoot me friend requests and if you ever see me online feel free to ask me if I want to play.
I want to try and be quite social with this game.

Doesn't seem like something you can just tweak.

I think they're expecting you to get invested in the factions. If you don't/can't, it's all just pointless busywork.

But you can't really expect the game to live completely separately from its story/world. If you're not interested/invested in it, Destiny is going to be hell of boring, I'd imagine.

Karl Hawk

Banned

Anyone who was expecting them to redesign the starting missions entirely in two months was setting himself up for disappointment.

MMaRsu

You expected them to make new story missions in entirely new areas in under two months?

No I expected them to be able to continue your mission if you are already in the area.

You know, a solution most of us thought about and actually commented on during the alpha/beta.

Anyone who was expecting them to redesign the starting missions entirely in two months was setting himself up for disappointment.

What. No. That's not at all what I'm saying.

Maybe it would have been smarter of them to do a alpha/beta a little earlier if it was possible. To get feedback they actually will work on.

Seventy70

Can anyone restart my hype for this game? I sort of lost it after the beta. It just seemed too piece-meal right from the get-go. I dig the MMO-social aspect married with an FPS, but I fear it may be "just another shooter" in sheep's clothing. I mean, it's an Activision published game with not one, but two expansion packs already announced before release, and the campaign doesn't seem to be heavy on exploration. The hubs from the Beta got pretty repetitive fast.

All I'm asking is if this is a deep game that will last me a while, or is this more of Activision bait and switch, hook em and milk em kind of game?

I feel the same way. I guess we can only wait and see. I'm actually kind of surprised at the amount of hype. So far, it seems to me that it brings nothing new to the table.

Ainaurdur

Regretting getting a launch PS4, those bundle consoles are way too awesome.

You made me want to recheck...

Amazon says my PS4 Destiny Bundle is Preparing for Shipment.

I actually don't mind having to wait for it to arrive tomorrow, I won't get home from work until 4pm anyway.
Hoping it won't take too long to setup and get updates done.

NAPK1NS

Hmm. Well, after watching an hour of post- beta content I'm definitely feeling a little disappointed. As far as I can tell the game is patterned very strictly. Literally:

Mission with pretty visuals > filtered into tight no respawn zone > deploy Dinkledge > go into orbit > Tower optional > repeat.

The shooting looks fun but that's all you do. The color palettes are pretty distinct but you often find yourself in environments that don't play dissimilarity. The noticeable upticks in the groups mood were when they finally introduced a small new mechanic or vehicle. I always said this game should have a wider suite of vehicles and the streams have agreed.

Oh well. I hope the final product is cool but I definitely had a lot of my fears set in stone. :/

No I expected them to be able to continue your mission if you are already in the area.

You know, a solution most of us thought about and actually commented on during the alpha/beta.
If you're talking about "return to Orbit," there's a reason why it's still in there.

dustyherb

Soo damn close now! Anyone that hasn't feel free to add me my psn is SkyKiller1000. Going to be playing once it's 1am here and will be playing all night. Gotta get my Titan that bubble shield!

kiguel182

Backtracking doesn't bother me in co-op experiences, messing around with friends distracts from the repetitive aspects of it.

Well, I'm playing it solo and going back to previous areas doesn't feel like a chore since the enemy design is really really good.

MMaRsu

Kinda disappointing how the moon story missions literally has you backtracking through the same areas over and over.

Well since there is only one area per planet, I expect you to do a shitload of backtracking, or a lot of padding.

If you're talking about "return to Orbit," there's a reason why it's still in there.

No I am also not talking about that, wow.

I am saying, as per a post in here, that Jeff complained about having to return to orbit to start your next mission. Loading screens up the fucking wazoo.

Let me keep playing the story missions from the area that I'm already in. If I just did a story mission in Old Russia and the next story mission is in Old Russia LET ME KEEP PLAYING.

And THAT is something they could have done something with. Or at least I think so.

Cuphead

Banned
You made me want to recheck...

Amazon says my PS4 Destiny Bundle is Preparing for Shipment.

I actually don't mind having to wait for it to arrive tomorrow, I won't get home from work until 4pm anyway.
Hoping it won't take too long to setup and get updates done.

Nice, coming home from work to that has gotta be a total joy.

Well, I'm playing it solo and going back to previous areas doesn't feel like a chore since the enemy design is really really good.

Agreed! When I played the beta it felt like I was actually fighting smart enemies haven''t had a similar feeling since halo 3 days.

Wilde

Asking again because this thread moves crazy fast, and I didn't see a definitive answer.

Has anyone confirmed that the Xbox One version is running at 1080p as they said it would?

Sylas

I feel the same way. I guess we can only wait and see. I'm actually kind of surprised at the amount of hype. So far, it seems to me that it brings nothing new to the table.

I think a lot of the hype is because it looks to be doing a lot of stuff well rather than something new. There's something to be said about taking a formula and making it better instead of innovating new ideas. It's how World of Warcraft got so popular.

Hmm. Well, after watching an hour of post- beta content I'm definitely feeling a little disappointed. As far as I can tell the game is patterned very strictly. Literally:

Mission with pretty visuals > filtered into tight no respawn zone > deploy Dinkledge > go into orbit > Tower optional > repeat.

The shooting looks fun but that's all you do. The color palettes are pretty distinct but you often find yourself in environments that don't play dissimilarity. The noticeable upticks in the groups mood were when they finally introduced a small new mechanic or vehicle. I always said this game should have a wider suite of vehicles and the streams have agreed.

Oh well. I hope the final product is cool but I definitely had a lot of my fears set in stone. :/

None of this seems to be commenting on how it connects to the overall worldbuilding/development. That's what I'm most eager to see pulled off, honestly. I'm weirdly less concerned with variety if FWC is as cool as their logo seems to intimate.

JimPanzer

So my PSN is "Klyka1" (cause I had totally forgotten I once had a Klyka account but that one is gone now)

I don't have any friends who care about this game so it would be great if some PS4 players could shoot me friend requests and if you ever see me online feel free to ask me if I want to play.
I want to try and be quite social with this game.

I'm in the same position :) will add you!

K' Dash

My router tried to die on me and I managed to fix it, then my PS4 started the eject disc bug and had to do the eject screw fix.

Nothing is going to stop me from playing this tonight, fuck you Destiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom