• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmackem

Watching a stream that is about 6 hours in and on Venus. The missions are super repetitive so far and the enemy variety is seriously lacking. And more importantly I'm not feeling the epicness and interconnectivity of the world.
This game is clearly not for me. My impression is that the word of mouth will quiet down quite fast. It's mainly for Borderlands, Titanfall or Halo (without the charisma) fans.
Those who likes those games, enjoy!

Titanfall has charisma?.

Marvel

could never
How sure are you that he won't change up his route just on a whim?

For the better or worse? if he dares to think he can show up at my house at 4pm + I will not be greeting him with sensual squid sucking of the face that a nice early delivery will get him.

That's for damn sure.

Will have to wait all day until I can play.

Should have faked a rare tropical illness. my friend.

kyored

Space Magic.

tumblr_ms49w4tarp1sv551qo1_500.gif

MrS

Banned
Yes, waiting for the Amazon delivery guy tomorrow morning is going to suck.
I've got DPD delivering mine, could come anytime between 8-5. Gonna be pissed if the driver rocks up at like 5pm, that'd be a total waste of a day off work.

LordofPwn

So i got done chatting with Amazon Support, and the limited edition Strategy Guide doesn't have a release date in their system yet, and thus has not been shipped. That's despite the item saying September 9, 2014... Anyone else run into this or have people actually had theirs ship from amazon?

Hawk269

May have already been posted:

Xbox One Ghost Edition back up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00LH6C6VW/189-27-20/

Posted a few pages back. What is weird, I placed my order with next day delivery and I got an email saying I wont get it till Thursday. WTF is up with that?

Anyways, I already have the game pre-downloaded.

So for any Gaf Xbox One owners, I will have a copy and the season pass up for sale later this week. Willing to sell the game for $50 and the DLC for $20 if interested PM.

For the better or worse? if he dares to think he can show up at my house at 4pm + I will not be greeting him with sensual squid face sucking that a nice early delivery will get him.

That's for damn sure.

I've noticed that, for unimportant purchases, UPS shows up at a decent hour. However, if it's something that I really want, then they put me on the "Delivered by 8 PM" bus. It's like they know.

Yes, waiting for the Amazon delivery guy tomorrow morning is going to suck.

I will share that pain. I live 5 minutes away from the local UPS hub, yet my house is at the end of the driver's route, and everything takes 8-10 hours to get to my house once it's "Out for delivery".

Will a hospital please put me in a temporary medically induced coma? That should be a service.

Cømet

Banned
So how long til all the people that recently sprouted in this thread to shit on the game leave again? A week? Few days?

His tag and this post should tell you everything you need to know about this poster.

Dat user tag.

Well, I expected that when you are on Earth, you go to more than just Russia. I mean, it is Earth, you know the planet with so many good locations that would be amazing to explore, but all we get is Russia and for a lot of that it is underground Russia.

That is what I am disappointed in. I would of loved some nice urban city type of environment, you know a really fucked up Los Angeles or Frisco, perhaps Las Vegas all jacked up etc.

That's a completely separate issue to people complaining about grinding, but one that'll be addressed with expansions and the like in the future.
The game hasn't even officially released yet, c'mon.

Truant

Watching a stream that is about 6 hours in and on Venus. The missions are super repetitive so far and the enemy variety is seriously lacking. And more importantly I'm not feeling the epicness and interconnectivity of the world.
This game is clearly not for me. My impression is that the word of mouth will quiet down quite fast. It's mainly for Borderlands, Titanfall or Halo (without the charisma) fans.
Those who likes those games, enjoy!

Fearing the same thing. The games scope doesn't seem to match the ambition based on what I've seen so far. I'll obviously reserve my judgement, but hearing Jeff on Giant Bomb go from "awesome game" to sounding bored as fuck in the course of the alpha to the first day of release is kinda sad.

Klyka

Banned
I'm glad the hype is doing down because that means I will just patiently sleep tonight instead of being crazy hyped about waking up tomorrow and getting the game

anddo0

Is the IGN guy playing alone? The game looks so tedious playing alone. Co-op makes all the difference.

Yeah, the snippet I watched of the IGN livestream wasn't very exciting to me.

Angry Joe who was hyped as fuck for this game said "Scale back your hype"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cExMKVbQdQ

Destiny seems like a grindfest and has a lot repetitive shoot-outs.

Fuk, why didn't I see this before I pulled the trigger?

hype machine gets me again :(

Hopefully I'll still enjoy it. I enjoyed the beta, but it's GAF that sealed my purchase.

I know; many are letting their hype blind them. After watching streams, I am disappointed I just bought a PS4. Might not even get this game.

Lack of variety seems like the biggest issue. I loved Halo because of the unexpected things that can happen and how creative you could be with different guns and vehicles and perks. Perks in this game are press button for automatic kill and guns all look like point and shoot. And well vehicles are almost non-existent.

Cant comment too much on the story so far but doesn't seem to intriguing.

No need to call someone who is interested in different aspects of the game or not as bothered by some as you might be "blinded by hype," bro.

Fuk, why didn't I see this before I pulled the trigger?

hype machine gets me again :(

Hopefully I'll still enjoy it. I enjoyed the beta, but it's GAF that sealed my purchase.

WTF do you guys really put that much weight into what these guys say?

Did you play the alpha or the beta?

RiverKwai

I know; many are letting their hype blind them. After watching streams, I am disappointed I just bought a PS4. Might not even get this game.

I find this curious, if you are talking about people like myself who played the alpha and beta, and know what this game is and what it is not - and still enjoy it: is that what constitutes hype to you?

It seems like the people who are the most down on the game right now are the ones suffering from hype to me. They expected something else and built the game to be something more than it is.

Jindrael

Banned
The closer I get to playing the game the more doubts I get...

I REALLY liked the Alpha ... was disappointed in the Beta because they showed the exact same things ... Since then I have had doubts about the content in the game.
The many comments about repetitive mission design etc. really bother me.

The more I look objectively at the game the more flaws I can see...

Fitts

I keep checking this thread whilst working and am persistently greeted by negativity today. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it seems that those who haven't aactually played the game are making the most noise. That's disheartening to say the least considering how positive the community has kept this place up until now.

I won't be playing until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm looking forward to reading the impressions of those who are currently playing when they choose to take a break. Until then, enjoy the game, everyone!

Has anyone posted any exotic/legendary loot drops yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom