• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korten

Banned
The only problem I have with the idea of end-game is that once you get that shiny gear from the raid... What's the point of playing until the DLC? And I wonder if DLC will focus purely on end-game.

Orayn

Some folks on /v/ posted an unattributed Pastebin of a review that sounds like it went through Google Translate. Be wary of this silliness.

BraXzy

The way it actually increases your character level up to a "hard" cap is what strikes me as unique. I've never really encountered that in a game before, so I'm intrigued as to how it feels in practice.

Not that I'll be rushing to 20 by any stretch, anyway.

Oh yeah, I just noticed in the video that in the top right on his card it says level 29, yet he is technically level 20. Interesting. I wonder why you technically stop at 20 but keep going anyway.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So whats the wall of shame looking like so far for the thread?

Please do not ask that.

its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

:p

Stoze

8 more hours!

...until I sleep for 7-8 hours and then finally get to play a bit before going to work in the morning :|

Orayn

The French review? We know, it's hilarious.

Based on five hours of game-time apparently? That's what someone said.

The only problem I have with the idea of end-game is that once you get that shiny gear from the raid... What's the point of playing until the DLC? And I wonder if DLC will focus purely on end-game.

Yeah, I really hope Bungie is planning some sort of league/ranking system like Diablo III's seasons. Short of that, I guess the endgame is supposed to be PvP? Some of the rotating Nightfall missions might also go really high in terms of difficulty.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh yeah, I just noticed in the video that in the top right on his card it says level 29, yet he is technically level 20. Interesting. I wonder why you technically stop at 20 but keep going anyway.
Well, it says you increase your level past 20 by collecting items that fill your dark SOUL WITH LIIIIIIGHT

Kane1345

I may not be able to play with you buggers right now but I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and I probably won't be able to sleep tonight!

Unless Tesco screw up my order

LordofPwn

Looks like i'm out of the top 25 now in the hall of shame.

PSN: LordofPwn add me if you want, or whatever. got less than 2 hours 20 minutes till i have officially paid for Destiny.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, lol. Wish I went! Are they giving away free copies of the game too? They might as well.

No free games or advanced sales or anything. I just walked by since I go to the gym right next door. On my way out, I noticed that a huge line had formed. Apparently it's so people can tour the Bungie office and get some things signed. They were also handing out t-shirts and stickers and stuff.

Respect

The concern trolling appears to have moved on to a different Destiny thread.

It's only the eve of Destiny's launch though, so we may be just in the eye.

Kudos on the hurricane/typhoon analysis. "Tropical storm Destiny hate has become a category 3 Hurrican/Typhoon, expected to become a category 5 storm by 12:00am PST...regions affected are, umm, every video game forum on the internet, we don't expect any let up until next week at the earliest."

Stimpack

Well, it says you increase your level past 20 by collecting items that fill your dark SOUL WITH LIIIIIIGHT

There's a thread somewhere stating all of this, and saying that you level up through gear you gain from strikes, which then unlocks higher level strikes and higher gear, and it ultimately unlock some raid thing when you get high enough "level."

Anyway, someone more knowledgeable can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom