• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today has been such a good day. Somehow, while fully paying off the Destiny PS4 bundle I secretly bought for my kid brother earlier, I came across an old childhood friend (she was working the counter at GameStop at the time) and now got plans to go out with her this Friday night to see GotG. nothing can't ruin this day. Not even the shit talk us Titans have received from both Warlocks and Hunters over the past few days can bring me down.
Nice day man, well done!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Been doing that since I can remember ;)

Fine you get your avatar quote.

image.php

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not much of a stoner and sadly I won't be drinking because my liver and kidneys are in sore need of a vacation from alcohol abuse.
I will be downing some monster though and eating subway to stay alive if that's any consolation.
If you're serious about the kidney damage/potential damage, don't go too overboard on the caffeine/Monster drinks.

Stay healthy man! better to play for years without any medical concerns than overnight even once.

SRTtoZ

I'm not much of a stoner and sadly I won't be drinking because my liver and kidneys are in sore need of a vacation from alcohol abuse.
I will be downing some monster though and eating subway to stay alive if that's any consolation.

I have a fresh 24 pack of blue Monster from BJ's. I'm ready.

That seems sort of unique? Surprised I've never heard about this. Is there an analogue to this system in an RPG or MMO you could compare it to?

don't think that really applies...

Others have compared to something called Paragon Levels in Diablo 3.. but I stopped playing that well before they were added so I'm not sure how apt a comparison it is.

Realistically, it's like an alternate way to have gear score, it's just easier to parse at a glance than typical gear score since it adds to the level above your character rather than being some large and arbitrary number like "1800 gear score to Raid" or whatever.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Can someone explain to me why this game is set to Unlock at 3:00 AM when Infamous First Light was set to unlock at 12:00 AM and it happened to unlock about 10 hours earlier? BULLSHIT SONY.

My guess is it's a bit of an artificial filter so the servers don't get crushed tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
guessing monster is way worse on your liver and kidneys then the booze is, drink up
Not even close, but caffeine and taurine can be an issue for people who already have kidney issues.
Gearscore in wow maybe.
Others have compared to something called Paragon Levels in Diablo 3.. but I stopped playing that well before they were added so I'm not sure how apt a comparison it is.

Realistically, it's like an alternate way to have gear score, it's just easier to parse at a glance than typical gear score since it adds to the level above your character rather than being some large and arbitrary number like "1800 gear score to Raid" or whatever.
That seems like a functional enough difference for me to get on board. I'm intrigued at least. If it ultimately feels arbitrary I might not be able to make myself care about it but I certainly like the idea of increasing my "actual level" past 20 with items rather than "working on my gearscore."

BraXzy

That seems sort of unique? Surprised I've never heard about this. Is there an analogue to this system in an RPG or MMO you could compare it to?

From what I can tell Hawk, it's kinda similar to GW2's skill points in the sense that once you hit max level you continue to earn something to spend on stuff. But rather than buying skills it seems to be boosted gear, and instead of gaining it through "levelling up" it's randomly acquired through play once you hit the cap or something? Info on it is kinda vague at the minute. But from the looks of it, it's something you spend on super gear to become more powerful whilst sticking at the same level. Legendary/Ascended or whatever :D

Edit: Spotted this in an IGN video:

459d9e6b0d1c5605829f4d8b2057df15.png

SRTtoZ

If you're serious, I think the thread should be more concerned with your well being rather than mine lol

What is blue monster anyways? No carb/decaf blend?

Yep, low carb, has caffeine though and thats how I get it since I don't drink coffee. Honestly I chose blue because it is the best tasting one IMO, I can care less about the carbs. Oh and I'm not drinking them all lol, I have 1 a day though.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Listening to the OST right now - it is ridiculously good. How they didn't include a disc in the Ghost Edition is beyond me :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol gamespot guy talks shit about the game, chat goes crazy.

erawsd

That seems like a functional enough difference for me to get on board. I'm intrigued at least. If it ultimately feels arbitrary I might not be able to make myself care about it but I certainly like the idea of increasing my "actual level" past 20 with items rather than "working on my gearscore."

It'll be required to some extent. I think they said you can't enter the raid unless you are level 25.

BrettWeir

I usually get my shipment notification between 7-8am the day of and get the packages always delivered before noon, mostly between 10-11am. I also live about 25miles from 2 (soon to be 3) Amazon distribution centers so that probably helps my chances a little.

Damn. Wish I had that. Mine ships from Tennessee.....and I'm in Atlanta.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
..anyone else plan on playing blazed?

Been playing blazed the last few hours.
Basically did it cause i knew all the Beta stuff so i didnt mind going through it again high as fuck.

But now i got shit to do and cant keep the high going.
Will be more blazed(hopefully) in the next two hours for another sesh of Destiny.

Beware randomly bumping into people on the tower and having a dance party will give you the giggles for 30 minutes if you aint blazed in a while(like me)

JohngPR

Maybe they were experimenting before, it looks like now all games will release at Midnight PDT.

Maybe it's so the servers don't take as much of a beating? Less people will probably play it at 3am on the East coast than if they released it at midnight EST.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From what I can tell Hawk, it's kinda similar to GW2's skill points in the sense that once you hit max level you continue to earn something to spend on stuff. But rather than buying skills it seems to be boosted gear, and instead of gaining it through "levelling up" it's randomly acquired through play once you hit the cap or something? Info on it is kinda vague at the minute. But from the looks of it, it's something you spend on super gear to become more powerful whilst sticking at the same level. Legendary/Ascended or whatever :D
The way it actually increases your character level up to a "hard" cap is what strikes me as unique. I've never really encountered that in a game before, so I'm intrigued as to how it feels in practice.

Not that I'll be rushing to 20 by any stretch, anyway.
It'll be required to some extent. I think they said you can't enter the raid unless you are level 25.
I'm surprised you don't have to be 30 for it.

I was very pleased with how much the beta allowed you to compensate with skill for being "low level" compared to the situation, and I hope that continues throughout.

Stimpack

Edit: Spotted this in an IGN video:

459d9e6b0d1c5605829f4d8b2057df15.png

This was already known, I believe. I read about it on a thread here after the beta was done. Something about some guy leaking a bunch of information or something, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom