• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane1345

In case you're curious or just didn't know DGAF is past the 1800 members mark.

Holy shit

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn-o.gif

Played about 3 hours so far and am really enjoying it. The first couple of hours are a little slow if you played the beta because you are just revisiting the same stuff. I think if you enjoyed the beta, you will absolutely like the final game. I really love the feel of the gunplay, the look of everything (it looks so, so good) and the loot/gear systems are really good. The only major complain I have is the story and mission objectives have, thus far, been very uninspired. All but the most recent mission I played end with you defending your ghost for a few minutes. But I've only played up to the second or third Moon mission, so I'm not too far in.

I'm really excited to get to Venus and Mars and curious to see how long the main story line is because at this rate with 4 or so story missions per planet, it won't be more then 8 hours. We'll see. Really liking it so far. And it is way more fun to play with people you know.

anddo0

You over-hyping bastards. I was trying to hold off on this game until my backlog was cleared, but this thread made me go to EB and preorder.

Getting it at the midnight launch.

Your first mistake was looking at this thread

I caved earlier today. I made my digital pre-order around 10am.

Kyoufu

I really don't know if I'm going to get this game tomorrow. I hate it when fully formed impressions of a game aren't available on the day of a game's release.

Played about 3 hours so far and am really enjoying it. The first couple of hours are a little slow if you played the beta because you are just revisiting the same stuff. I think if you enjoyed the beta, you will absolutely like the final game. I really love the feel of the gunplay, the look of everything (it looks so, so good) and the loot/gear systems are really good. The only major complain I have is the story and mission objectives have, thus far, been very uninspired. All but the most recent mission I played end with you defending your ghost for a few minutes. But I've only played up to the second or third Moon mission, so I'm not too far in.

I'm really excited to get to Venus and Mars and curious to see how long the main story line is because at this rate with 4 or so story missions per planet, it won't be more then 8 hours. We'll see. Really liking it so far. And it is way more fun to play with people you know.
...yikes

Namikaze1

right I'm off to game in a minute...

Will post pics from the queue.

I will miss you guys...
Stay safe. Avoid strangers offering candy. Look left and right when crossing the street. And when you have the game in hand, bellow out an evil laugh before high tailing it out of there.

This thread moves fast. I assume this footage of a Bungie guy wrecking people as a Titan in Crucible has been posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pPWnxKgdU&list=UUTTx-gTU-ePcxHLpF15l8hA

It convinced me to go Titan after all. The mobility you get from the shoulder charge is awesome. I also love getting in peoples faces like he does. Looks like so much fun.

WTF the shoulder charge/Falcon Knee is ridiculous.

Just when I thought Titans couldn't get any more easy mode.

RiverKwai

Just checked my tracking # and my Ghost Edition has departed from the shipping hub in Kentucky.

If it's anything like the launch day PS4s, there is a warehouse full of Ghost Editions 15 minutes away from my house but they won't send me one of those, because it might get here early.

Kyoufu

I thought you were going space wizard. I am actually surprised. :p

I played Hunter and Warlock in the Alpha. Warlock was by far the more fun class so it was top of my list. Then I tried Titan in the beta. The rest is history.

Fist of Havoc is just so satisfying and being able to charge into enemy faces with my knee will be the best thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom